Did you break the lockdown?

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
There won't be a vaccine.

Millions would have died, easily, in China considering there's like 1.4 billion people here.

About trusting the numbers from China, no, I don't. At the same time, do I think the numbers are as bad as what Americans are saying it is? Hell no. Why? Because I fucking live here. I'm in a group with foreigners all over the country, and I am telling you now, whether you believe it or not, since mid-March the country has had people outside. We stayed inside for the last week of January and all of February and then the beginning of March.

And in that group, we've discussed this, that we're outside and people aren't dropping like flies (which is what was happening in Hubei, people were literally dropping like flies, there are videos on youtube with old people just laying on the sidewalk). This large group of foreigners, everyone who hates the CCP, and it hurts to say but yeah, this extreme measures you could never dream of (and should never dream of) happening in America have curbed the infectious rates in China. For two months now, Beijing as a whole has basically been safe to go out (even many restaurants don't give a fuck about enforcing social distancing). This goes for most other cities here.

lithy I know who I am. I'm not a smart guy. I don't have any expertise in what coronaviruses are. I think it's safe to say that if nearly every government in the world has taken precautions to this extreme at the expense of losing unimaginable numbers of money, I think it's safe to say that know what they're doing. Maybe America is ready to open up again, sure. If the people are for it, then let them try.

This is the first time in modern history we've had a pandemic. No one, no country knew how to respond. It's been a day-by-day thing. You can keep rebelling for the sake of it, but in the end, what is your answer? And will people accept it?

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
We've been locked down for two months, now things are slowly getting back to normal again. Slowly, because wearing masks at shops and public transport is still mandatory and there are distancing rules everywhere.

I broke the mask wearing thing several times when I forgot mine at home, also went to a buddy twice to play games during the complete lockdown. Got stopped by the police on one of those occasions, told them that I would be on my way to buy medical supplies which they found plausible, even though I was smelling of smoke, beer and Vodka quite badly. :)

2D_mastur

Is he greater than XD Master?
10 Year Member
Meh, extraordinary measures for extraordinary times. For the past two months the only thing people talk about here are how many people died in America, so unfortunately it seems this is a huge victory for the CCP (in the beginning, I was hoping that if enough people died there would be a kind of uprising, but in fact the opposite happened!).

The view I'm getting from the commonfolk is no one likes these measures, but they've saved millions of lives so meh.

Lol millions of lives vs billions of people.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Lol millions of lives vs billions of people.

Cool idea, so what's your answer bro? Your mom's dead, your dad's dead, cool, haha, whatever fuck them. They're not real anyway, because they're just people.

Still waiting for a real solution to what should have been done aside from what has been implemented. It's been brutal. No one likes this shit. I don't like this shit. Are you and lithy fucking retarded?

Open up America and let them all die, fuck it. Surely the rest of the world is retarded for taking these extreme precautions. none of this matters because murka fuck yeah, and also surely no one you know will die, right? Open up America just so the rest of Americans will be too sick to visit your fucking brewery. whatever. more retarded bullshit from retards.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Watch out folks, we got some goddamn geniuses for how the world should work, boy I wonder if we can go through history and see if that's been done before to good effect. I'm at the point where I honestly don't care if your families die from this. Anyone who's ever been going against what's been said, I hope your wife, your children, your parents, your family gets this. If they die cool, whatever, If they don't die, cool whatever. bUT mUh EcONoMy, fuck you.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
You fuckers too soft. That's the problem. Got it so good you forgot what being human was all about.

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
Watch out folks, we got some goddamn geniuses for how the world should work, boy I wonder if we can go through history and see if that's been done before to good effect. I'm at the point where I honestly don't care if your families die from this. Anyone who's ever been going against what's been said, I hope your wife, your children, your parents, your family gets this. If they die cool, whatever, If they don't die, cool whatever. bUT mUh EcONoMy, fuck you.

Did a man have sex with you during lockout?

CORY

a.k.a. Mother Teresa
Staff member
You fuckers too soft. That's the problem. Got it so good you forgot what being human was all about.

zKRvf0q.gif

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
Leave Sage alone. Not like he's sharing words that aren't generous and well meaning. The neo-geo g I joes, sometimes it'd be good if you looked in a mirror and realised you're just garden variety dorks like everyone else.

Last edited:

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
break how? and what lockdown?
i went outside if that's what you mean.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member

Good post!

7.5/10

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member

You need to stop hiding behind the word economy, which you're using just because you know of its negative connotations amongst tards. Say what we're actually talking about here, food.

How does "bUT mUH FoOd, fuck you" sound?

Last edited:

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
I'd just like to mention that Australia has pretty much escaped it thus far and while our 'lockdown' isn't as draconian as China's, society as a whole here has followed the guidelines or even exceeded them. Things are finally picking up here now with the 1st of June being the end of current restrictions. Here's hoping for a normal christmas this year.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
I'd just like to mention that Australia has pretty much escaped it thus far and while our 'lockdown' isn't as draconian as China's, society as a whole here has followed the guidelines or even exceeded them. Things are finally picking up here now with the 1st of June being the end of current restrictions. Here's hoping for a normal christmas this year.

June 1 only applies to your state, VIC. Standard Victorian outlook.

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member

I rate this post 2 out of 6L.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
It was 3.5L last night. Fuck looking for a job, I've got no skills.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
It hasn’t decimated the US?

100,000 dead, in two *months*...isn’t decimation?

But we should’ve just treated it like the flu, right?

You’re a maroon, lithy.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member

Yeah, and that's with the stay-at-home orders. Makes me wonder how much loss of life would've happened if people just kept on going about like normal without government intervention.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
Yeah, and that's with the stay-at-home orders. Makes me wonder how much loss of life would've happened if people just kept on going about like normal without government intervention.

No country was prepared for such a health crisis. Without that intervention hospitals would have been totally overloaded for months, during which time the choice, who gets a respirator and who dies, would have been made a couple hundred times a day, like zipping through channels, till you finally stay on one for a little longer. No democracy could ever swallow it. As opposed to this, global economic depressions are widely accepted, consequently the choice was a no-brainer for those in power.

We all hate answering to those crappy gag questions about who you'd save, if you could save only one: mom or dad? So the governments decided for you that it's better, if they both peacefully kill themselves somewhere in private, because they lost all their life savings during lockdown, instead of choking to death right in front of your eyes in a dramatic hospital admission scenery. After they made that decision, they called it a moral choice, making it impossible for anyone to question it.

The above are two sides of the same coin, which will be flipped to get an answer for a long time by many people asking the same questions over and over, the same we ask ourselves now. Needless to say, whichever side you'll flip, it won't be a satisfying one and you won't get your piece of mind anytime soon, maybe ever.

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member

You’re a maroon, lithy.

HI wataru, long time since I have seen you posting about covid, how is your 2 week lockdown going? Seems like you are still a true believer though. Are you still working? Do you live in Philly? Maybe you did and moved, I can't remember.

The modern western world in general and Americans in particular have no idea what a devastating disease, famine, or war is. No, in my opinion the US hasn't been decimated (yet), dense urban centers have been hit hard and we applied a blanket solution to a localized problem. Other countries that are touted as having things under control due to tighter restrictions continue to have pockets of infection and renewed measures as soon as people are free to travel. How long would you suggest these measures continue?

On average, about 2.7 million people die in this country every year. So if few people die the remainder of the year, it will be a pretty significant but not exceptionally unique disease. If it comes back in the fall, we will see then I guess.

We should have allowed smaller level decision making about an individual's health, risk, and tolerance for state enforced lockdown while directing resources to elder care facilities which have been the most heavily impacted. Yes it can kill better than the flu, but the risk factors remain the same. Median age for deaths in PA is 84. Statewide about 70% of all deaths have been at elder care facilities. Our local hospital system never surpassed 2% of all beds devoted to covid patients. Our hospitals are empty, the capacity that we were warned about exceeding is there, if we begin to increase caseload to a point of overloading the system then stay at home orders could be effective, but instead we are bankrupting hospital systems, the same ones that we probably need if we have to live with this disease for a while to come.

LoneSage hears jobs and thinks DJIA. He needs to hear jobs and think lives. I'd truly be interested to hear why you or Stage think some of the numbers I think are relevant here truly mean nothing and we have to stay indoors at all costs. I personally think we used our best weapon too early for most of the country and have made it less likely that people will participate in a second round of lockdown measures. If you could reply without wishing that everyone I know or love die of coronavirus, all the better! Because I do like discussions about this, after all I have ever nothing better to do.

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
How'd the gong go as far as infections?

Their NBL team went bust. Now all they have is a couple of Dragons games at Win stadium until the Dragons get moved to central coast. Desperate times.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
How'd the gong go as far as infections?

There’s been a few. I work in healthcare, a few of our doctor contracted it.

Their NBL team went bust. Now all they have is a couple of Dragons games at Win stadium until the Dragons get moved to central coast. Desperate times.

Lol, Sportsball

Last edited:

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
I'd truly be interested to hear why you or Stage think some of the numbers I think are relevant here truly mean nothing and we have to stay indoors at all costs.

I only go with what the scientists recommend. I do not question or rebel, I listen and follow like a soldier. It's now close to June, and America has now had businesses closed longer than China I think.

America had its shot in January and February to contain the virus from spreading. Stopping all Chinese citizens from entering America is one of the best moves Trump will make in his presidency. However, his odd nonchalance and going at odds with Fauci has undermined a large percentage of the common folk's confidence in science and what should be done.

I don't have an argument here. I personally think it would be best for people to listen to what scientists recommend to do. At the same time, America is too long gone now, the virus will bounce back, makes me sad I won't be able to go home this year.