Egret II 'Taters Club

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
You haven't run into an arcade hound down there yet? I know how you feel though, for years I was into Heavy Metal and as a kid it was rare to find friends that shared the love for the music, it wasn't until later when it exploded that I ran into more friends that loved metal like I did.

Who knows, maybe all this influx of new blood my bring you some future pals that like playing the games. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you...

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
I find my taste is kind of unique in these parts. Yes there are other guys into arcade gear here but most of them are the rednecks of the arcade world. They like putting lcd's into cabs because it's "teh better" happy to play on shitty multi boards (2000 games ZOMG) and generally the guys here into it seem to be a generation above my age anyway. You know the dudes into frogger and pacman woodies? Yeah, those.

Hardly see an guys here into candy cabs, 90's games etc like me.

Last edited:

kuze

Sultan of Slugs
10 Year Member
I find my taste is kind of unique in these parts. Yes there are other guys into arcade gear here but most of them are the rednecks of the arcade world. They like putting lcd's into cabs because it's "teh better" happy to play on shitty multi boards (2000 games ZOMG) and generally the guys here into it seem to be a generation above my age anyway. You know the dudes into frogger and pacman woodies? Yeah, those.

Hardly see an guys here into candy cabs, 90's games etc like me.

It's all about that Galaga, son.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
I know what you mean. There's a guy that bought a cab from me and he was part of a local forum, nothing but old tymners worshiping playchoice cabs, DK is the cream of the crop for them, they're ok with multicades and that stuff but they concentrate on the classics, I was part of the calssics too so I dig that a lot. Play Robotron someday on a real setup, it'll change your life.

themisterfalcon

Buriki-One Fight Promoter
15 Year Member
Wow such nice and clean cabs posted in this thread!

Here are a couple of my Egrets. Sometimes keep these both vert but there's almost always a fun hori shooter to play it seems. I've spent a bunch of time and received a ton of help from members here finding all the correct parts for both of these cabinets. Nothing shown is reproduction. Very happy with how they've turned out. Btw, I intentionally removed the NOS marquee headers temporarily because they are very overwhelming where these are setup. And the marquees match more in person. Pretty sure cab on the left is due for a new bulb as the right one just got one a few months back.

24042216369_406de97c9c_b.jpg

24114415120_a257689001_b.jpg

23783243713_5e706c7aa8_b.jpg

Last edited:

theMot

10 Year Member
Awesome cabs dub3x. 1 player panel...woah.

I am semi interested in replacing my panels because although they are original, they have credit buttons.

kuze

Sultan of Slugs
10 Year Member
Very nice cabs, dubs. Sweet Golden Axe poster too! Had to look that one up, as I hadn't seen it.

Reclaimer

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
Clean cabs Dubbs!

Just got a 1P repro panel for mine, still wish I could find an original.

alec

Hardcore Neoholic
15 Year Member
Oh no, I sold him that panel about a month ago, I assure you it is not a reproduction. Nice set up E!

Lemony Vengeance

Mitt Romney's Hairdresser,
I've officially joined the e2 taters club! Will be a bit before its delivered to me though. 300Wins hooked me up with an opportunity to grab one from him/matsu and I couldn't pass it up. It'll be a bit before he has it, and a bit to have it delivered to me.

Gotta find an e2 panel.. It currently has an e3 2l8b panel.

Stellarola

Fio's Quartermaster
15 Year Member
Wow such nice and clean cabs posted in this thread!

Here are a couple of my Egrets. Sometimes keep these both vert but there's almost always a fun hori shooter to play it seems. I've spent a bunch of time and received a ton of help from members here finding all the correct parts for both of these cabinets. Nothing shown is reproduction. Very happy with how they've turned out. Btw, I intentionally removed the NOS marquee headers temporarily because they are very overwhelming where these are setup. And the marquees match more in person. Pretty sure cab on the left is due for a new bulb as the right one just got one a few months back.

23783243713_5e706c7aa8_b.jpg

That 1P panel has me like....

rix2MC3.jpg

Lemony Vengeance

hey all,

it's been a while but I finally got my E2 moved into my new place.

here's a pic of it in action before it was shipped:
temporary_zpsk7kfufav.jpg

and here's a pic of it in the line up.. still getting things situated in the new war room:
temporary_zpsnvz7o9kj.jpg

I'm pretty happy with it thus far, the lack of amped stereo is kind of a bummer, and from what I understand the stock taito amp isn't that great. there are a few things that I need to get for it, which isn't too bad. Does anyone have any opinions on the quality of repro overlays/art that are out there? I'd dig getting originals, but given how desired this cabinet is, official replacement parts are pretty tough to find.

Thanks in advance, and I'm happy to join the 'tater's club :D

theMot

10 Year Member
I haven't seen a repro I am happy with. There is a fella over on AO who can do an almost perfect repro but he did Astro side art first and has struggled to shift them so it's not happening at the moment.

Don't have a solution for the amp but I ditched the stock speakers and did this: http://www.emphatic.se/?p=202

Sound is much improved with even a basic pc speaker set with sub.

kuze

Sultan of Slugs
10 Year Member
Very nice cab lineup Lemony! Which cab(s) do you plan to leave in tate?

West

Mr. Big's Thug
Congrats on the E2 pickup Lemony. Definitely give TaitoTech a try for NOS parts, Yugo who handles it, is great to work with. Last I checked they didn't have panels/art but did have a pretty solid stock of other components. As for repros, the only two I know are Noodleshirt (http://www.noodleshirt.com/reto-gaming/) and Jasen at Jasenscustoms.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Noodleshirt is a ripoff. They want 160 before shipping. What's even more messed up is they sold some panels on eBay and a few went for sub 100. Then a bidding war started and ended at 160. From then on that's what they charge for the panel. I understand making some profit, but it's a repro not a real panel. I would rather buy a panel from jasen for much cheaper.

West

Mr. Big's Thug
Noodleshirt is a ripoff. They want 160 before shipping. What's even more messed up is they sold some panels on eBay and a few went for sub 100. Then a bidding war started and ended at 160. From then on that's what they charge for the panel. I understand making some profit, but it's a repro not a real panel. I would rather buy a panel from jasen for much cheaper.

Damn, that's an especially lame way of doing business.

Lemony Vengeance

Definitely give TaitoTech a try for NOS parts, Yugo who handles it, is great to work with. Last I checked they didn't have panels/art but did have a pretty solid stock of other components.

You have an email for them? all I have is ovs@taito.co.uk.

also, thanks for the referrals :) Noodleshirt is run by (or connected to) Dragonlee on this forum so if things get raw, I can ping him.

for everyone else, Egret2 vector art is

Here

Here

and a few here.

Can anyone give some insight on the type of vinyl and what thickness to get? I have ZERO intention of reproducing this stuff, but it would be nice to have the specs so we can get it on our own.

theMot

10 Year Member
It's all about the dot gradient and the silver....can't reproduce that easily or cheaply...

theMot

10 Year Member
You don't want the dot gradient? WHY YOU NO WANT THE DOT GRADIENT?

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Have you guys ever seen the CPs with the silver linings instead of white or gray? My pal has a 4 button CP spare that he got from Matsu, looks real slick.

codecrank

Whip's Subordinate
10 Year Member
someone is sending me samples of 1p and 2p e2 panels they'll offering soon. the more options thee better ;)

theMot

10 Year Member
Have you guys ever seen the CPs with the silver linings instead of white or gray? My pal has a 4 button CP spare that he got from Matsu, looks real slick.

Yep, they are on the early E2's. I had one but sold it because there was an extra hole in the wrong spot.