Egret II 'Taters Club

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
You don't. There is a separate harness for those in the cab called "S". What you have there does buttons 1-5. E2 is wired for jamma+

Last edited:

radiantsvgun

They call him Mr. Windy
15 Year Member
You don't. There is a separate harness for those in the cab called "S". What you have there does buttons 1-5. E2 is wired for jamma+

That makes more sense. Now I need to find button 5 on the harness and a ground.

ChuChu Flamingo

We have purposely, trained him wrong, ...as a joke
10 Year Member
http://www.atlantalightbulbs.com/li...luorescent-linear-t12-under-48-inch/fl20sd-b/

The bulbs model number is FL20SD-B 20W T10 23.25 Inch, 580mm. Not sure why they have two measurements, I assume the base is 580mm, but total length is 23.25.

I finally received this bulb and luckily it works. It is just a tad shorter than the stock Egret 2 Bulb, but it fits even better. The bulb wasn't cheap, but the color temperature of the bulb is 6500k. Not only are length,diameter,and wattage important for the bulb replacement, the temperature of the bulb can greatly impact how well your marque lights up. I went with this one since almost all other T10 size bulbs in the 580mm range were 4000ish kelvin.

Just thought I would share this in case anyone needs a bulb replacement on the Egret II and can't source one locally.

IMG_0334.JPG

Last edited:

Lemony Vengeance

Mitt Romney's Hairdresser,
http://www.atlantalightbulbs.com/li...luorescent-linear-t12-under-48-inch/fl20sd-b/

The bulbs model number is FL20SD-B 20W T10 23.25 Inch, 580mm. Not sure why they have two measurements, I assume the base is 580mm, but total length is 23.25.

I finally received this bulb and luckily it works. It is just a tad shorter than the stock Egret 2 Bulb, but it fits even better. The bulb wasn't cheap, but the color temperature of the bulb is 6500k. Not only are length,diameter,and wattage important for the bulb replacement, the temperature of the bulb can greatly impact how well your marque lights up. I went with this one since almost all other T10 size bulbs in the 580mm range were 4000ish kelvin.

Just thought I would share this in case anyone needs a bulb replacement on the Egret II and can't source one locally.

View attachment 42808

awesome. I bought one from Ken @ the gameroom since I was at his place recently.. cost me $25 :/

ebinsugewa

Rosa's Tag-Team Partner
10 Year Member
atlanta lightbulbs is a great resource for weird arcade bulbs. they were the only place i could find a replacement for my exceleena. cheap and packed well. a+

Zak

WWJCVDD?,
Has anyone else tried the LED bulbs which require no starter? :)

radiantsvgun

They call him Mr. Windy
15 Year Member
you can get all 6 buttons through the CP looms. Pins 10 and 11 are for buttons 5 and 6, respectively.

Yes! That's what I'm looking for- 10 and 11 are right next to buttons 4, so now I need to take a ground from somewhere else. Got the terminals on the way from that ebay link, do you guys recommend a crimper? The one I have leaves a lot to be desired.

radiantsvgun

They call him Mr. Windy
15 Year Member
Got buttons 5 and 6 on the 1p side working! Borrowing grounds from the 2p side to test. Any place I can get the extra grounds for these buttons? I'd rather not try to splice if I don't have to.

radiantsvgun

They call him Mr. Windy
15 Year Member
So I am wanting to remove this Chinese step up converter from my cabinet. Any ideas on how to safely remove it?

6tNB1LUl.jpg

OzGuVk3l.jpg

uM4Dgd9l.jpg

Joe T.

Crazed MVS Addict
10 Year Member
Does anyone have a recommendation for keeping an Egret II's bezel in place without the screws if you plan on rotating the monitor? It's not like I plan to rotate a lot, but those screws are such a pain in the ass, at least on mine they are, that I never rotate it.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Does anyone have a recommendation for keeping an Egret II's bezel in place without the screws if you plan on rotating the monitor? It's not like I plan to rotate a lot, but those screws are such a pain in the ass, at least on mine they are, that I never rotate it.

You can get thumbscrews and only put 4 in a plus pattern. maybe 8 mins tops to rotate.

radiantsvgun

They call him Mr. Windy
15 Year Member

I leave mine out. I think I lost those screws in the several times I’ve moved with the cab. I just pop the bezel in and go.

Joe T.

Crazed MVS Addict
10 Year Member
Thanks, guys. I'll try to mess with it this evening. I think I may have a few thumbscrews around.

themisterfalcon

Buriki-One Fight Promoter
15 Year Member
I leave mine out. I think I lost those screws in the several times I’ve moved with the cab. I just pop the bezel in and go.

Haha, I used to do this all the time. Recently did this to my friends cab and forgot to tell him. He was in for a nasty surprise the next time he tried to rotate (aka he almost dropped the bezel).

Get the thumb screws. They're the same ones as you use on a PC case. Mike Mann even sourced some nice anodized pink ones. I use 2 in every one of my birds.

themisterfalcon

Buriki-One Fight Promoter
15 Year Member
Meant to post this one. Awhile back I took all the nicest original components from my gang of Egrets and put this together. This one lives upstairs, while the rest are down in the arcade. Marquee is intentionally left off this one as it conflicts with the wall art.

clean-bird.jpg

I've also since obtained some dead stock coasters for the front just need to put them on.

jcmorris

New Challenger
Meant to post this one. Awhile back I took all the nicest original components from my gang of Egrets and put this together. This one lives upstairs, while the rest are down in the arcade. Marquee is intentionally left off this one as it conflicts with the wall art.

clean-bird.jpg

I've also since obtained some dead stock coasters for the front just need to put them on.

Dayyyyyyyyyyummmm Gina! :eye: :eye:

West

Mr. Big's Thug

Sooooooo clean. Very nice man.

Joe T.

Crazed MVS Addict
10 Year Member
Haha, I used to do this all the time. Recently did this to my friends cab and forgot to tell him. He was in for a nasty surprise the next time he tried to rotate (aka he almost dropped the bezel).

Get the thumb screws. They're the same ones as you use on a PC case. Mike Mann even sourced some nice anodized pink ones. I use 2 in every one of my birds.

Thanks for the tip! I couldn't find the ones that I thought I had, so now I know what to look for.

radiantsvgun

They call him Mr. Windy
15 Year Member

I'll look into those, but mine sits hard in there, I have to pop it out. Is there a certain size or just search thumb screws pc?

Also, big thanks to jcmorris, I got the transformer out of there, got the E2 looking super nice now. I've never had to solder inside a cab before, but I was able to do it. The only thing I want to do to the cab now is find a place that will professionally repaint it. But first I need to find some repro stickers and sideart.

DfGPCkjl.jpg

fR2R7wul.jpg

Last edited:

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
I'll look into those, but mine sits hard in there, I have to pop it out. Is there a certain size or just search thumb screws pc?

Also, big thanks to jcmorris, I got the transformer out of there, got the E2 looking super nice now. I've never had to solder inside a cab before, but I was able to do it. The only thing I want to do to the cab now is find a place that will professionally repaint it. But first I need to find some repro stickers and sideart.

DfGPCkjl.jpg

fR2R7wul.jpg

Pro paint job is going to be around 350-400 depending on the shop.