Elden Ring official discussion

SML

NEANDERTHAL FUCKER,
20 Year Member
Well I beat Caria Manor and there is some interesting stuff behind it. I have a quest to go underneath Mistwood so I went down the well and did kill the Ancient Spirit boss.

Honesty a cool fight and I really enjoyed the music.
There will be more interesting stuff back there after General Radahn is dead.

Behind it is a small building that I just COULDNT get to the end of because of the god damned harpies and their ultra fast poison, their stupid one-shot screams and whatnot. STILL have no idea wtf is in there.
One half of an item needed to take the elevator to the Atlus Plateau, if you want(ed) to skip the Magma Wyrm.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
There will be more interesting stuff back there after General Radahn is dead.

One half of an item needed to take the elevator to the Atlus Plateau, if you want(ed) to skip the Magma Wyrm.

See I figured taking the elevator was optional. Does that mean Calleid is entirely optional as well?

kuze

Sultan of Slugs
10 Year Member
Picked it up on PC today and it seems the post launch updates have fixed performance, I’m only an hour in but it’s been completely stable so far. Really looking forward to sinking some time into this game!

SML

NEANDERTHAL FUCKER,
20 Year Member
See I figured taking the elevator was optional. Does that mean Calleid is entirely optional as well?
For reaching the Erdtree, at least, yes, but the game doesn't end there. (I haven't beaten the game yet but I'm getting close. I'm a boss fight from getting the whole map filled in.)

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
Picked it up on PC today and it seems the post launch updates have fixed performance, I’m only an hour in but it’s been completely stable so far. Really looking forward to sinking some time into this game!
Are you using a controller on PC? I bought it on PS5, but decided to download the PC version to fool around, and I couldn't get the controller (XBOne 1 X) to work. Evidently it was a thing.

kuze

Sultan of Slugs
10 Year Member
Are you using a controller on PC? I bought it on PS5, but decided to download the PC version to fool around, and I couldn't get the controller (XBOne 1 X) to work. Evidently it was a thing.
Yeah Xbox one controller here, no problems. I saw one of the recent updates reportedly fixed controller support, so definitely worth another try.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
I ended up getting it to work by importing the game as a "non steam game" and setting some controller permissions. I leveled the fuck outta myself and got bored lol. im just gonna keep playing on the PS5. way more fun and has online capability.

SML

NEANDERTHAL FUCKER,
20 Year Member
Yeah Xbox one controller here, no problems. I saw one of the recent updates reportedly fixed controller support, so definitely worth another try.
I had to turn off my dolphin bar to get the game to accept the inputs from my 360 controller.

FB11A7B5-7871-4C3B-BB88-F3F6C27E8D04.jpeg
Commander Niall can suck my dick.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Any tips for Radahn? I’ve got him close a few times. Am using sorcery.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
I took a few days off, came back Tonite and got the dog of radann I think.. the one in the ray lucaria area. The mini boss knight right after that is kicking my butt.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
I took a few days off, came back Tonite and got the dog of radann I think.. the one in the ray lucaria area. The mini boss knight right after that is kicking my butt.

That guy is tough because his sword does magic damage so even if you block with a 100% physical shield you still take damage.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
Yeah I realized that. And you basically can't straight up attack because he will auto parry and then oneshot you. And somehow when he's about 30 miles away and I'm popping an estus flask, homeboy warps up to you and slashes, basically negating the damn thing.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
The good news is after you beat him you are basically at the boss.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
Does he respawn though? I read that the boss Renalla (??) is after that, but if I gotta fuck with him every time I die with the boss (which is inevitable) thats gonna suck. Like the run up to the dog boss (which was actually kinda easy with my own doggies in tow) was a bitch because of all of those wizards. Had to run up and avoid em just right otherwise you'd get to the boss room with like a third of your health lol.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
No, he’s basically akin to an NPC invader so he doesn’t respawn. Just a one and done.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
I beat Radahn. As with everything, don’t be greedy. That was tough for sure and I’m a sorcerer.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
Maaaan so I'm at a choke point and I got frustrated tonite. I had a long day so thats prob why I was playing so shitty but still. BUH.

Choke Point 1. Im trying to complete the Abandoned Cave to get the Golden Scarab (increases rune collection) and while the cave itself isn't too bad once you've gotten to the boss room and realize the proper route, it's a really fucking annoying trek - with no Stake of Marika at the fog door. The cave is full of blood you have to wade through at least at one point without being able to avoid it. And it causes you to have... scarlet rot? Sacred rot? Basically Poison on steroids. But again, once you've died SEVERAL times to get to the fog door and know the route and enemy placement, it's easy to just run by everything and time your jumps and stamina regen spots accordingly. Once the route is learned it is entirely possible to get to the fog door unscathed and full of flasks.

The boss room is two CleanRot Knights. Evidently they don't have a ton of health, and I'm using a +8 Uchigatana but there are two of them, and they are both equally aggressive. One of them has a projectile that is fairly easy to dodge, but he loves to fireball spam it and it makes it more difficult when you've got the other douche with a spear that can reach from New York to Taiwan coming for you. This spear will give you instant blood rot. Using spirit doggies or the zombies that resurrect is recommended to aggro one while you fight the other.

I died at least 20 times to these shitbags, even having gotten them both to less than 25% health. But somehow, the dickhead with the spear all of a sudden gains the power of instant transmission to skewer you with his spear which instantly gives you blood rot, and saps 90% of your health, then slams you down, which takes you a second to get up - all the while losing life and dying. It's fucking bullshit and the first time in the entire game where I've said "this is bullshit, and its cheap" and then rage quit the area to reach...

Choke Point 2: Basically this is the room after the dog of radan with that knight we were talking about. One thing I read online said that you can just avoid him since he's not a required fight. You can just run past him and take the elevator up to the boss room. Yeah but... dude can follow you onto the elevator, so you can't just 'run past him.'

There's sort of a shortcut to reach him so you dont have to jump across to the bridge and avoid the indiana jones balls, but it's a red herring. It's basically the same distance, and there are a bunch of wizards that you can run past, but they still fire off the crystal projectiles, and one of them will follow you into the room with that knight, making it impossible to avoid either of them. After trying to get past him a few times and it being time for dinner, I just put the controller down for the night.

Bleh. Just annoyed at the cheapness of both of those areas.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
I’d say focus on that Knight. Once you kill him there is an extra area you can get to where you can turn the bowling ball off and that makes the ball path the fastest.

Do you have a legendary spirit? I have this guy named like Lagutheel the headless (not sure on the spelling) but he is OP beyond belief.

I also really like the Demi-humans. Since there are 5 they last awhile.

Abandoned Cave is in Caleid? I saw mention that the gold scarab hat was there accidentally when watching a video but I don’t know where the cave is.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
I have not had much success fighting the Jar Knight summons before the giant Kool-Aid man. I’ll come back lol.

Been dicking around in the eternal city and i think I’m at the last boss in the area. Appears to be Gargoyles. I did get the item for Ranni but I never did see my boy Blaidd down there. I turned the item in and messed around more behind Caria manor. Very interesting.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
I’d say focus on that Knight. Once you kill him there is an extra area you can get to where you can turn the bowling ball off and that makes the ball path the fastest.

Do you have a legendary spirit? I have this guy named like Lagutheel the headless (not sure on the spelling) but he is OP beyond belief.

I also really like the Demi-humans. Since there are 5 they last awhile.

Abandoned Cave is in Caleid? I saw mention that the gold scarab hat was there accidentally when watching a video but I don’t know where the cave is.

I actually do have that summon, but cant use him, I dont have enough FP to call him, or dont have enough in one of the attributes. Cant remember, but yeah I got him in one of the catacombs.

As for the abandoned cave, it's above that one ravine that has a bunch of those.. i dunno what to call em, ball worms. Where there are a bunch of balls that explode when you run past them. The entrance to the cave is above that ravine, you have to run at it from the closest grace point and land on the ledge. I call it the 'crotch' of Caelid but here's the loc:

1646890964801.png

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
My friend calls them anal beads.

So the cave is accessed from above the ravine?

Have you tried applying bleed/rot/frost/whatever to that knoght?

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
Yeah its on the eastern side wall. You can spawn at the grace point near the telescope, then travel east, you'll come to the ravine. Just a few yards north, theres a lip of stones, turn to your right (facing east) and you'll see the ledge on the other side of the ravine. Torrent will need to double jump, I think.

My Uchigatana and/or Meteor blade both have bleed on them, and it does build up, they are just annoying. They aren't fast per se, but their attacks have long reach and the guy with the scythe just spams those flying discs over and over if he's more than 5 steps away from you. I have maybe 3 of those bulbs that cure rot, and I have plenty of crystal cave moss to make more, but I cant find the other ingredient, sacramental bud very easily. So Im trying to save them.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
Someone in the NG discord posted this:

Just like the Shadows of Yharnam skip in Bloodborne :D

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Yeah its on the eastern side wall. You can spawn at the grace point near the telescope, then travel east, you'll come to the ravine. Just a few yards north, theres a lip of stones, turn to your right (facing east) and you'll see the ledge on the other side of the ravine. Torrent will need to double jump, I think.

My Uchigatana and/or Meteor blade both have bleed on them, and it does build up, they are just annoying. They aren't fast per se, but their attacks have long reach and the guy with the scythe just spams those flying discs over and over if he's more than 5 steps away from you. I have maybe 3 of those bulbs that cure rot, and I have plenty of crystal cave moss to make more, but I cant find the other ingredient, sacramental bud very easily. So Im trying to save them.

I found it. From the western side of the ravine there are actually branches you can walk on that goes across the ravine and end at the cave opening.