Evercade thread

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
Monday, July 31st at noon Eastern is when we'll get part 2 of the Evercade Showcase. Should be a minimum of 4 new carts announced. This one is the Indie Special so we should see some stuff we haven't all played 100 times already.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Cart carrying case up for preorder:

Holds 8 carts, 20 bucks

Yoshi

20 Year Member
This may be a bit of a knee jerk reaction, but today's showcase makes me question the value of the platform to me. Under the heading of "be careful what you wish for," there was an MSX2 game, but it's some fan made retro game and not Space Manbow.

famicommander

15 Year Member
This may be a bit of a knee jerk reaction, but today's showcase makes me question the value of the platform to me. Under the heading of "be careful what you wish for," there was an MSX2 game, but it's some fan made retro game and not Space Manbow.
It was an indie showcase. They said last month they'd be announcing indie games only at this one.

Personally, I'm glad these are all indie games. I'd much rather have games I've never played before rather than just another collection of ROMs that have been free on the internet for 20 years.

famicommander

15 Year Member
So the release schedule is
August: Piko Arcade 1 and Sydney Hunter Collection (indie)
September: Sunsoft Collection 1 and Delphine Software Amiga Collection 1
October: Full Void (indie) and Home Computer Heroes Collection 1 (indie)
November: Duke Nukem Collection 1 and Duke Nukem Collection 2
December: Goodboy Galaxy/Witch n Wiz (indie) and Demons of Asteborg/Astebros (indie)
February: Indie Heroes Collection 3 and another mystery cart

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
It was an indie showcase. They said last month they'd be announcing indie games only at this one.

Personally, I'm glad these are all indie games. I'd much rather have games I've never played before rather than just another collection of ROMs that have been free on the internet for 20 years.
It was an odd choice of console if that wasn't what you wanted

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
The Home Computer Heroes cart with Attack of the Petscii Robots is highly recommended, bought the Genny version but also downloaded several other ports for Speccy and C64. Great game, immensely addictive and a real labour of love.

Yoshi

20 Year Member
I'm here for this one though - cheaper than the Gen carts

Full Void looks kinda neat too
I treated this like the Nintendo indie directs and just looked everything up on Steam. Not everything announced was there, but those were:

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
I have Demons on Asteborg on Genny, played it tons, very challenging game, biggest MD cart release ever, defo worth a play. Astebros is on the way I think, can't make heads or tails of their emails. Paid for it, hope it's gonna arrive soon.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Astebros and Demons of Asteborg:
17 bucks each on Steam, 59 euros each for loose physical carts, 79 euros each for boxed carts, 20 bucks for both on an Evercade cart

famicommander

15 Year Member
Platforms for each game announced
Astebros - Genesis
Attack of the Petscii Robots - Commodore 64
Bridge Strike - Amiga
Citadel Remastered - Amiga
Demons of Asteborg - Genesis
Farming Simulator - Commodore 64
Goodboy Galaxy - Game Boy Advance
Full Void - Evercade native
Planet X2 - Commodore 64
Sword of Ianna - MSX
Tanks Furry - Amiga
Witch 'n Wiz - NES

Yoshi

20 Year Member
Astebros and Demons of Asteborg:
17 bucks each on Steam, 59 euros each for loose physical carts, 79 euros each for boxed carts, 20 bucks for both on an Evercade cart
Demons has already been down to $7, and Astebros will likely soon follow.

famicommander

15 Year Member
The Evercade developers have confirmed that if the Duke Nukem I and II Remasters are well received, they plan to do similar remasters and/or simple bug fixes to other classic games.

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
The Evercade developers have confirmed that if the Duke Nukem I and II Remasters are well received, they plan to do similar remasters and/or simple bug fixes to other classic games.
They were honestly system sellers for me

famicommander

15 Year Member
They were honestly system sellers for me
I suspect Duke Nukem (Game Boy Color) might be a secret unlockable game when you insert both Duke carts into a VS. It would make sense given the Duke edition console comes with both carts. It's the only Duke game they didn't include that is on a platform Evercade emulates.

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
I suspect Duke Nukem (Game Boy Color) might be a secret unlockable game when you insert both Duke carts into a VS. It would make sense given the Duke edition console comes with both carts. It's the only Duke game they didn't include that is on a platform Evercade emulates.
That would be cool.

famicommander

15 Year Member
That would be cool.
It seems likely. There aren't enough other Duke Nukem games that Evercade could possibly run to hold it back for a Duke Nukem Collection 3, so it's not like there's another way to make money off that game for them.

famicommander

15 Year Member
A new free secret game went live today.

If you update your VS or EXP to the latest firmware and then go to the secret menu and type in stone, you'll get Rogue64. It's an indie roguelike for Commodore 64.

Raph4

Retrogoobing Newscaster
10 Year Member
Full Void Special Edition

"This exclusive package includes the excellent Full Void by OutOfTheBit on a special blue-coloured cartridge and a special edition inlay! It also comes with a full-colour manual, a prologue comic, a sticker sheet, a double sided poster, and The Art Of Full Void artbook - all included in a Special Edition Cardboard Sleeve!"

Full-Void-Beauty-Shot-SE-big.png