Evercade thread

Jeneki

Enemy Chaser
We have a couple of Toaplan Arcade Collections, not Tatsujin Arcade Collections. Irem Arcade Collection, not Granzella Arcade Collection. Jaleco Arcade Collection, not City Connection Arcade Collection. Data East Arcade Collection, not G-Mode Arcade Collection.

But I guess Piko thinks very highly of themselves lol. Considering this is Unico they may be right though.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
We have a couple of Toaplan Arcade Collections, not Tatsujin Arcade Collections. Irem Arcade Collection, not Granzella Arcade Collection. Jaleco Arcade Collection, not City Connection Arcade Collection. Data East Arcade Collection, not G-Mode Arcade Collection.

But I guess Piko thinks very highly of themselves lol. Considering this is Unico they may be right though.
Piko did publish the 2 Gaelco carts under the Gaelco name. They probably just don't think anybody knows who Unico is. This will be the 4th Piko branded cart so at the very least the Evercade base knows who Piko is.

Jeneki

Enemy Chaser
Yeah it's just going to look inconsistent next to the rest of the arcade carts. Not a huge deal, I can print a new one if I ever pick this cart up.

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
Back when I was heavy into PS Vita, I'd find myself drunk ordering a shit ton of games at night. I fear this damn evercade is tapping into that mental illness. I really dig the indie shit on here and am looking forward to getting my hands on the VS in a few months. I know it's technically "nostalgia", but I really just like old school style games nowadays...more than new crap. I don't want to replay old roms of games I've bought 20 times over, just new crap that's in that vein. I am seeing the appeal.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Back when I was heavy into PS Vita, I'd find myself drunk ordering a shit ton of games at night. I fear this damn evercade is tapping into that mental illness. I really dig the indie shit on here and am looking forward to getting my hands on the VS in a few months. I know it's technically "nostalgia", but I really just like old school style games nowadays...more than new crap. I don't want to replay old roms of games I've bought 20 times over, just new crap that's in that vein. I am seeing the appeal.
At least with Evercade there's only like 50 total released/announced carts and they're only 20 bucks a pop. Even if you go full retard and buy every single cart it's still gonna be fairly manageable in terms of both cost and the space they take up.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Evercade_2023_Calendar.jpg

That's what we're looking at for the future. We should get most, if not all, of the ?s announced in a few weeks.

pixeljunkie

20 Year Member
This is who I bought my EXP from - super cheap compared to anyone else.

Johnny16Bit

Camel Slug
I just realised that Piko "arcade 1" wasn't Piko "collection 1", and what it was :keke:
Looking forward to the next few beers to order it, those fighters are a lot of fun :D

pixeljunkie

20 Year Member
This is who I bought my EXP from - super cheap compared to anyone else.

So this listing is removed and the seller is no more. I just want to tell my story with buying an EXP from this guy because it was WEIRD. He was pulling some sort of scam. But I got my system I bought, so I didn't care too much. I paid like $119 shipped for it.

1. He had low feedback and the item was supposedly shipping from Singapore.
2. He didn't ship right away and I got concerned. So, I messaged him. He quickly, responded "Don't worry, it's shipping tomorrow." ...ok
3. I get the package. It's straight from Stoneage Gamer in the US?! It's addressed to a different name than mine, but to my address.
4. I go back to see, IS THIS a Stoneage ebay account? It was not.
5. Seller is removed.

Weird.

Last edited:

Johnny16Bit

Camel Slug
Returned the Evergoob VS and all the carts I just purchased this morning. Firmware update bricked - apparently it's a thing with this system, I discovered. So I'm playing Master System games with the kid instead; over 30 y.o. and working perfect, he's happy.

pixeljunkie

20 Year Member
A sister brand to Evercade, HyperMegaTech is launching Evercade compatible handhelds preloaded with Capcom or Taito games: https://www.hypermegatech.com.

So, like these will be compatible with Evercade carts?!

This reminds me of the Sears Atari 2600 clones lol

That price point is sweet too - might have to grab one of these. Better form factor than the EXP if I'm being honest as well.

famicommander

15 Year Member
So, like these will be compatible with Evercade carts?!

This reminds me of the Sears Atari 2600 clones lol

That price point is sweet too - might have to grab one of these. Better form factor than the EXP if I'm being honest as well.
Yes, they play all Evercade carts. They just don't have the same quality screen, speakers, wifi, a/v output, build quality, etc.

pixeljunkie

20 Year Member

Jeneki

Enemy Chaser
I wonder if they were porting over their existing frontend to this handheld, and since the software has the ability to play carts already ... sure why not.

I'd poke fun of the color scheme, but that's the Capcom colors so I suppose it fits.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Castlemania has the home console on sale right now:

70 bucks for the VS console, 1 controller, and Technos Arcade 1

pixeljunkie

20 Year Member
Castlemania has the home console on sale right now:

70 bucks for the VS console, 1 controller, and Technos Arcade 1
Dang. If I didn't preorder the atomic version...

famicommander

15 Year Member
At the Evercade Showcase coming up sometime this week they're announcing games for a system that hasn't yet appeared on Evercade.

Systems that have appeared so far:
Amiga
Arcade
Atari 2600
Atari 7800
Atari Lynx
Commodore 64
Evercade (native)
Game Boy
Game Boy Color
Game Boy Advance
Intellivision
SEGA Master System
SEGA Genesis
NES
Super Nintendo
PS1

Possible new systems:
Game Gear
Coleco Vision
Turbografx-16/PC Engine
Atari 5200
Atari 8-bit PC
Atari ST
ZX "On the" Spectrum
Neo Geo
Neo Geo Pocket/Color
Wonderswan/Color
MSX
BBC Micro
Amstrad CPC

I don't think we're likely to see anything like N64, Saturn, Jaguar, or 3DO due to the emulation status of those systems. And obviously we're not getting anything from Dreamcast or newer.

pixeljunkie

20 Year Member
My bet would be more Euro trash, but it would be awesome to get some Japanese stuff.