Fatal Fury: City of the Wolves

herb

Metal Slug Mechanic
10 Year Member
With every trailer, my hype grows immensely

SieKensou

n00b
The game looks great. Does anyone know if it will only appear in the last generation consoles or will be possible a XBoxOne/PS4 version too?

Taiso

Remembers The North
20 Year Member
I'm digging everything I'm seeing about this so far.

Would have been too much to hope for a pure pixel version in this day and age. Might as well want a home cart if you're thinking like that.

I am hoping we see all of the cast from MotW in this as well as maybe some characters from other Fatal Fury/Garoudensetsu games.

I know wish lists for this sort of thing are fag tier and I won't be disappointed if they don't show up but the characters I'd like to see from other games are:
  • Andy
  • Joe
  • Mai
  • Nightmare Geese
  • Billy Kane (maybe as a new Southtown crime lord managing Geese's empire and muscling in on Second South as an explanation for being there)
  • Yamazaki
  • Blue Mary
  • Ryo Sakazaki as Mr. Karate
But whatever we get, I am definitely all in!

HellioN

, What The Fuck Is This Shit?
20 Year Member
I'm digging everything I'm seeing about this so far.

Would have been too much to hope for a pure pixel version in this day and age. Might as well want a home cart if you're thinking like that.

I am hoping we see all of the cast from MotW in this as well as maybe some characters from other Fatal Fury/Garoudensetsu games.

I know wish lists for this sort of thing are fag tier and I won't be disappointed if they don't show up but the characters I'd like to see from other games are:
  • Andy
  • Joe
  • Mai
  • Nightmare Geese
  • Billy Kane (maybe as a new Southtown crime lord managing Geese's empire and muscling in on Second South as an explanation for being there)
  • Yamazaki
  • Blue Mary
  • Ryo Sakazaki as Mr. Karate
But whatever we get, I am definitely all in!
I would like to see Mary.
Franco Bash would be awesome.

BerryTogart

Bolt Thrower.,
I'd really like to be hyped for this game - but I have a very hard time joining in on this "the graphics are good/great" chorus.
Props for all the easter eggs they put in and for yagamikun finding them. I can understand that it is a matter of taste if one likes the character style or not, but holy shit those dojo background graphics look horrible... Some low quality characters on a fan service indoor climbing wall? The placement of that button, the ngcd pad or even the whole wall being in the dojo doesn't make any sense.
The first background (the street with the cafe) was decent at least.

Btw: is this new to this game or has Rock been claiming that he's going to "take you for a ride" in previous games? (Or is this another "funny crossover" that we got)

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
If I was better at photoshop, I would make a logo in the style of Cheap Trick’s and have it be repeating ‘Rick S’s. Then, I would post that logo here in this thread, and on SNK’s socials.

It’s like pissing up a rope at this point.

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
I'd really like to be hyped for this game - but I have a very hard time joining in on this "the graphics are good/great" chorus.
Props for all the easter eggs they put in and for yagamikun finding them. I can understand that it is a matter of taste if one likes the character style or not, but holy shit those dojo background graphics look horrible... Some low quality characters on a fan service indoor climbing wall? The placement of that button, the ngcd pad or even the whole wall being in the dojo doesn't make any sense.

Btw: is this new to this game or has Rock been claiming that he's going to "take you for a ride" in previous games? (Or is this another "funny crossover" that we got)
You're complaining about a climbing wall? It's 2024. Everyone has a climbing wall. It's next to the beer tap, nitro cold brew coffee and axe throwing.

herb

Metal Slug Mechanic
10 Year Member

Koala level post, bruh

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
Man, I'm just loving all the little details in the backgrounds!

The bear is a nice callback to Marco's stage in MOTW. On the rock climbing wall, some of the holds are the two face halves of the Neo Geo logo, one of the holds is a full on Neo CD pad, the name of the fitness club is Yuri - but is also a throwback to AOF 2 with Yuri's background being the fitness club, the Tiger and Dragon images on the drums are the Tiger and Dragon images from the original AOF logo, and a keen eye can spot the Mr. Karate mask hanging in the background.

Also glad that SNK dropped "Khushnood Butt" and made his name Marco for both territories.
It was always a weird name.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
The Spiderverse-esque comic come to life aesthetic is growing on me. Looking forward to trying it!

sirlynxalot

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy
Fagit of the Year
I'd like to see some AOF characters. Further merge the game worlds, but not in a kof way where everyone stays the same age and look as their original games... I'd like to see 50 year old King, Ryo and Robert throwing some new moves and having a different feel because they've matured