Fatal Fury Special isn't that special

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Wow, that's a great match!

Seriously though, at the time FF:S WAS a rip off of SF2: CE. Everyone knows that, it's just these days they are obviously different beasts, that are great in their own ways.

It's no secret that SNK fighters originally mimicked street fighter.

Hanzo & Fuuma? Obviously Ryu & Ken.

Despite the sad truth that FFS was SNK's answer to SF (knockoff), it's still a damn fine game...and I feel it's one of the best fighters ever made....right up there with super turbo.
Yeah just like Galactick attack is a ripp off freaking Xevious. WTF man, game genres pop out left and right and developers roll with it and make their own thing. That's just how it goes.

BigTinz

VT's Bitch , You can fuck this mouth for a fruit c
Yeah just like Galactick attack is a ripp off freaking Xevious. WTF man, game genres pop out left and right and developers roll with it and make their own thing. That's just how it goes.

:lolz:

Are you that naive?

You KNOW that Hanzo and Fuuma are direct rips of Ryu and Ken.

I suppose you don't remember when FF:S came out, because it was a very surreal experience to play CE and then go play the SNK version of the same game(albeit with a better combo system).

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member

Are you that naive?

I suppose you don't remember when FF:S came out, because it was a very surreal experience to play CE and then go play the SNK version of the same game(albeit with a better combo system).
WTF you don't remember? Naive? Condescending fat fuck, I'm just stating how things are. Hanzo & Fumma are to Ken & Ryu like many other ripp offs out there and yet you see no body giving shit to the companies for doing this, however when it comes to fighting games everyone is quick to jump the gun and call everything a SF ripp off.

Hanzo and Kumma are player 1 and 2 just like Ryu and Ken were back in the day, just like Ralf and Clark, just like Mad Dog and Scorpion and so on. Way before SF there was games that used the Blue and Red schemes for players 1 and 2.

I guess trying to have a discuccion with you is fucking useless 'cause you always want to be an asshole, is it because you suck at life or something? Try and be decent for a change douchebbag.

Note: Of course there's always the moves which are extremely similar, but you still don't get the point you oblivious fuck.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member

Are you that naive?

This is a stupid post. Hanzo and Fuuma would be direct ripoffs if they were in karate gis (both white and red), and one sporting a headband (the guy in the red, in case you aren't keeping up). You seem to want to believe that Ryu and Ken were the first rivals ever made. I'll help you with this: they aren't.

Hanzo and Fuuma are time-traveling ninjas, you dope.

You also have your timeline wrong, because CE came out in 92, FFS came out in DEC of 93. The Capcom SF of the time was Super SF2 to SNK's FFS, which were nothing alike.

BigTinz

Get your heads out of your asses and take those SNK branded retro goggles off.

@EG. I'm not being condescending...but you're obviously taking it that way. Do you feel that I'm better than you? Do I hurt your feelings? You seem to assume that I'm talking down to you...why is that?

@Wes. No, the timeline is just fine. Knockoffs generally come out AFTER the other product, it's not like CE hit arcades and SNK just shat out FFS...it took time(and it shows in the quality) to mimic CE.

Look, it's a great game, I LOVE FFS....but it's obviously a rip of SF.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
They're completely different games with completely different fighting systems. If you can't substantiate your argument other than "well, it's obviously a ripoff of SF," then I'm going to stop taking the troll bait.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
@EG. I'm not being condescending...but you're obviously taking it that way. Do you feel that I'm better than you? Do I hurt your feelings? You seem to assume that I'm talking down to you...why is that?

No douche, but your stupidness does know no bounds apparently.

Keep telling yourself whatever you want, as long as it makes you happy that's fine with me. However if you wanna have a discussion and direct your words to me I advice you start acting like a decent person and stop this childish act of yours.

BigTinz

They're completely different games with completely different fighting systems. If you can't substantiate your argument other than "well, it's obviously a ripoff of SF," then I'm going to stop taking the troll bait.

This post is obviously a ripoff.

Ilovejapangirls

Mature's Make-up Artist
I don't know...if anything i could compare FFS to Super X . Super moves ( although i think SNK first introduced them in AOF? )
many characters and "deep" combo system ( for its time ) .

genjiglove

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
This post is obviously a ripoff.

Thats the second time you've pulled that "Uh-oh, everyone is realizing how full of shit I am so I better act like I was baiting them the entire time!" act. Get another routine. Or better yet, stop acting like a fucking 4chan reject.

systmdfect

Baseball Star Hitter
I don't know...if anything i could compare FFS to Super X . Super moves ( although i think SNK first introduced them in AOF? )
many characters and "deep" combo system ( for its time ) .

They were in the first Fatal Fury as well. You can only perform them when your health is at like 10% or 15%. If I remember correctly... which I might not be.

BigTinz

Look who's biting now.

Haha, nice try. You can't swap positions mid thread.

YOU ARE STILL THE DICK

Thats the second time you've pulled that "Uh-oh, everyone is realizing how full of shit I am so I better act like I was baiting them the entire time!" act. Get another routine. Or better yet, stop acting like a fucking 4chan reject.

What the hell are you talking about?

FFS is a ripoff of SF:CE...I never baited anyone, that's my opinion. Wes claimed I was baiting him(some strange homoerotic fantasy I presume).

Ilovejapangirls

Mature's Make-up Artist
They were in the first Fatal Fury as well. You can only perform them when your health is at like 10% or 15%. If I remember correctly... which I might not be.

I think you meant FF2. There were no super moves in FF1 as far as i remember.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member

lol

What do you expect from somebody who probably wasn't even born when the game was released?

genjiglove

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
What the hell are you talking about?

FFS is a ripoff of SF:CE...I never baited anyone, that's my opinion. Wes claimed I was baiting him(some strange homoerotic fantasy I presume).

Hahahahaha, yeah you're right it probably is some kind of strange homoerotic fantasy.

You still haven't backed up your opinion of FFS being a ripoff of SF2:CE. Is it because the are both 2-D? Or fighting games that happened to have release dates that are relatively close together?

Please don't just yell "Its obvious!" again.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
As long as you keep biting my bait I will, harder gay.

you're not very good at trolling, but you know what would be sexy? you posting pics of yourself topless and rubbing your nipples.

Can you do that? Just post the pics here.

XOXO.

BigTinz

lol

What do you expect from somebody who probably wasn't even born when the game was released?

Not the case...I was already quite active in my local arcade at the time.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Why is it that all the Alabama folks can't follow good old 68k's footsteps, at least he had lots to contribute and he was a gentleman, hell! he even kept you Alabama boys straight when dealing with others.

I miss him.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Why is it that all the Alabama folks can't follow good old 68k's footsteps, at least he had lots to contribute and he was a gentleman, hell! he even kept you Alabama boys straight when dealing with others.

I miss him.

That's a bit unfair. I have always liked BigTinz more than the other Alabamers. He can be fun, when he wants to be. He's been going through a kernow phase. 68K did too.