Fatal Fury Special isn't that special

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
I mean besides Duck King's stage, what else does this game have over 2 that makes people crave it.

Annatar

Kabuki Klasher
it has new moves for lots of characters, playable bosses, new stages with original and amazing soundtrack, like tung fu rue stage, one of the most beautifull stages with one of the greatest neo soundtracks ever, you can unlock ryo and his personal stage, and the gameplay has lots of tweaks here and there like a little combo feeling to it, and also i think is kind ov faster than FF2.

it simply rocks man:buttrock:

Dion

Known Scammer, NeoGeoFreak Co-Founder
I did but I was like 14 ('93) when I bought it for myself and I played it constantly. Even then I only did it 2 or 3 times.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
For one there is a combo engine. Try linking two :A:'s or an :A:,:C: in Fatal Fury 2.
Special can be a combofest with some characters.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
I should've made this in the War Room.

edit: SSFII Turbo or FFS

joe8

margarine sandwich
15 Year Member
I mean besides Duck King's stage, what else does this game have over 2 that makes people crave it.
you can play as the bosses from FF1 and FF2 (Geese Howard, Krauser, Laurence Blood, Billy Kane, Axel Hawk).

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
As much as I love the Real Bout series, they feel a bit more firendly than FFS, meaning it welcomes novice players with forgiving input detection, I love the real bout series and for a while RBS was my number one fighter but when I started getting back into my roots FFS stole my heart once again. FFS is all about precision. FFS to me is the best fighter on the Neo.

If I had to choose between FFS and ST I think I would go insane, somedays I will go for FFS but then other days ST becomes me. My two favorite fighters hands down aside from the very first Guilty Gear.

BTW, you need to change the thread title before I come over and show you what's special about it.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member

I always thought you were a good guy, but we now have a problem. :blow_top:

I have no idea how you are going to make this right. No idea.

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
This thread is retarded. Period.

FFS is a total classic.

FF2 has no bosses playable, and if they are, its gotta be dip switched, and they aren't truly completed. Duck King, Tung Fu Rue, Axel,Billy, Lawrence, Geese, Krauser, Ryo etc. FFS..

FFS has the most god like music and presentation of any fatal fury.

If you don't like FFS, I seriously think fighting games aren't for you, this game is fun as hell, produces killer comp and then some. Its amazingly deep even for today and hella fun.

NeoDragoN

custom rank,
20 Year Member
If you dont like Fatal Fury Special you shouldnt be allowed on this site.

Also if you hate it you probably didnt play it when it 1st came out and made everything else look like pure shit.

Its fucking total classic up there with Sam Sho 2.

SNKNostalgia

Gal Ageise's Demon
The only thing I don't like about FFS is that it makes me just stare at my FF2 on the shelf doing this: :) :spock: :oh_no: :angry:

I have to admit this is one game you can go back and fully enjoy. Sure, it may not have a complex combo system and crazy supers, but it is great in its own simplicity.

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
Its special ccause its dirt cheap and awesome...which considering the Neo-Geo, is SPECIAL

Taiso

Remembers The North
20 Year Member
Fuck the haters. Both of them.

FFS is a stellar game.

FairlanePhantom

Mai's Apprentice
Sure the game is hard, but it plays really well, especially considering it's time. Music still has some good tracks like Jubei's theme and can't forget "I'll chisel your gravestone..mmm sleep well!"and the stages are vibrant. This is also another game I'm good with Geese in, had a few close rounds with EG as Andy.

Only thing balls about this game are the :downb::qcf::upf:, it's a weird angle to pull off.

BigTinz

VT's Bitch , You can fuck this mouth for a fruit c
terrible thread.

...i think this is a joke.

Are you joking?

Taiso

Remembers The North
20 Year Member
Fatal Fury 2 is way harder than FFS, in truth. FFS has nice control, IMO.

holyver

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Fatal Fury Special is too hard.

It is more manageable than FF2. As it has been said in FF2 Andy and Billy are real tough.
I think that the only thing that I prefer in FF2 compared to FFS is the color of the background, I feel that the colors used in FF2 are more "realistic"