Favorite Joystick to Play With

tenkenryu

n00b
I got that new madcats ps4 stick it's good. I put seimitsu ls40 in my big red with pg buttons. Its like super short throw distance I'm going to try ls32 next

blakeb8111

Edo Express Delivery Guy
Where would you recommend getting the db15 adapters (I was thinking the screw terminal type)? Anywhere that's in the U.S.? I'm not big on ordering overseas because I hate waiting and most of what I've seen is in China? Just looking for a reputable place. Thanks

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
Where would you recommend getting the db15 adapters (I was thinking the screw terminal type)? Anywhere that's in the U.S.? I'm not big on ordering overseas because I hate waiting and most of what I've seen is in China? Just looking for a reputable place. Thanks
I don't live in the US, but what about mouser.com?

blakeb8111

Edo Express Delivery Guy
My 2 joystick builds for my cmvs

Just got these two in a couple of days ago and finished them last night. First is the okwenclosures case:

Drilling and painting
image.jpg
image.jpg
Then I purchased carbon fiber from my local print shop that's used to wrap cars. The pictures don't do the depth and texture of it justice. Added overlay and installed joystick and buttons.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Second joystick is a hori real arcade pro sa v3 for PS3 I got on eBay, then I stripped it down:
image.jpg
image.jpg
Time to get rid of the extra holes:
image.jpg
image.jpg
Added second 24mm (forgot to do it earlier). Added carbon fiber wrap, installed joystick and buttons and placed db15 breakout in the compartment where the usb cord storage was:
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

MCF 76

Metal Slug Mechanic
10 Year Member
Damn blakeb those look badass bro very nice work! I love the OKW one thoses enclosures are sweet huh?

How did you mount your DB-15 on the OKW?

Last edited:

blakeb8111

Edo Express Delivery Guy
Damn blakeb those look badass bro very nice work! I love the OKW one thoses enclosures are sweet huh?

How did you mount your DB-15 on the OKW?

Thanks. Those cases are really nice to work with and a good size to play on as well. Your pics and some of the other members really helped me figure it all out. I have to take a pic of it and add it later when I get home but I did it like yours on he bottom half of the case. I screwed the hole up a little so I have to come up with an idea for a little cover up. You prob can't tell in hori stick pic but the breakout boards I got from Winford engineering actually have nice thick rubber feet on them and I used loctite super glue and glued it to the bottom of the enclosure and it doesn't move at all. BTW, that wiring job u just got back from Xian Xi looks awesome, a nice complement to those super clean looking cases you made. Let me know how the lazy finger board is.

MCF 76

Metal Slug Mechanic
10 Year Member
Thanks. Those cases are really nice to work with and a good size to play on as well. Your pics and some of the other members really helped me figure it all out. I have to take a pic of it and add it later when I get home but I did it like yours on he bottom half of the case. I screwed the hole up a little so I have to come up with an idea for a little cover up. You prob can't tell in hori stick pic but the breakout boards I got from Winford engineering actually have nice thick rubber feet on them and I used loctite super glue and glued it to the bottom of the enclosure and it doesn't move at all. BTW, that wiring job u just got back from Xian Xi looks awesome, a nice complement to those super clean looking cases you made. Let me know how the lazy finger board is.

Yeah, mounting the DB's on that bottom half wasn't any fun at all to say the least. Really that's the only bad thing I found with these particular enclosures. If that area was 90 degree it would be no sweat at all.

blakeb8111

Edo Express Delivery Guy
What did you use for covering up the holes and was the process? That's what I want to do to a few CPs I got.

I took a thin piece of lexan and cut it to the basic size of the area to cover. Then I used a grinding wheel and shaped it to a perfect fit. I used screw in seimitsu buttons so I shaved grooves into it for the nuts to be flush. I used liquid nails and loctite superglue to mount it behind the cpo and let it set overnight. For the filler I used 3m bondo all purpose ($11 at Home Depot for 32 oz) and this stuff is awesome because it sets in 15 min so u can sand it quickly. I just put it on with a regular putty knife. It hardens really quick so mix in small batches. Then I used an electric sander with I believe 100 grit paper to take off the excess, then you could hit it with something finer.

blakeb8111

Edo Express Delivery Guy
Yeah, mounting the DB's on that bottom half wasn't any fun at all to say the least. Really that's the only bad thing I found with these particular enclosures. If that area was 90 degree it would be no sweat at all.

Agreed with the angle of the case, but overall it's great. I wouldn't mind getting a few more samples. I took a couple pics of the mounting of the db15. Still mad I messed it up, guess it could be worse.
image.jpg
image.jpg

MCF 76

Metal Slug Mechanic
10 Year Member
Agreed with the angle of the case, but overall it's great. I wouldn't mind getting a few more samples. I took a couple pics of the mounting of the db15. Still mad I messed it up, guess it could be worse.
View attachment 27210
View attachment 27211

I feel ya on that part of the build. It was the hardest part getting that hole cut out perfect. Once I got the hole cut to the shape with an hobby blade I took a Neo extension cable and wraped the end with sand paper. That's how I got the DB hole shaped perfect.

Here's a shot or two when I was cutting & sanding the DB holes.

Hell man you can fix that pretty easy. Go to a hobby store that sells sheet styrene. Get the .040 thickness. Cut you out a rectangle shape to go over it. That way if you mess up you can make as many as you want. Styrene is very easy to cut and file. Bonds great with super glue as well.

Last edited:

blakeb8111

Edo Express Delivery Guy
I feel ya on that part of the build. It was the hardest part getting that hole cut out perfect. Once I got the hole cut to the shape with an hobby blade I took a Neo extension cable and wraped the end with sand paper. That's how I got the DB hole shaped perfect.

Hell man you can fix that pretty easy. Go to a hobby store that sells sheet styrene. Get the .040 thickness. Cut you out a rectangle shape to go over it. That way if you mess up you can make as many as you want. Styrene is very easy to cut and file. Bonds great with super glue as well.

Thanks for the advice, I'll def look into it. It's driving me crazy every time I look at it lol.

xsq

some good stuff's been happening in here: nice work blake on both sticks, the white+carbon combination kicks.

blakeb8111

Edo Express Delivery Guy
some good stuff's been happening in here: nice work blake on both sticks, the white+carbon combination kicks.

Thanks xsq. That carbon fiber wrap is nice stuff and I have a lot left over for any future projects. I have the other halves of the buttons I mixed and matched to go with a blue mesh ball top so I plan on making another controller to match with the opposite color scheme. I just need to get another enclosure and another breakout board so I can get started. This time I plan to get the db15 connector as nice as the cutouts that MCF 76 did on his sticks. His looks perfect.

benimaru7

New Challenger
Great work on some custom sticks, I have always liked the aes ones, but realise they aren't the best. I have a Hori for the Saturn which is pretty good. I see they did the same for the aes so may give it a go as it must be an improvement over the original sticks? I have a large Hori fighting stick for PS3 which I could butcher?

Gummy Bear

Windjammers Wonder
Gotta say I'm loving the wooden sticks that go with my AI CMVS.
Wood, real warm and soft. No homo.
All seimitsu parts. Square gates though... I understand that I'm in the minority liking round gates, but I'm getting used to them.

xsq

Gotta say I'm loving the wooden sticks that go with my AI CMVS.
Wood, real warm and soft. No homo.
I too like the look of these and the layout is cool, I do prefer steel on my skin to wood though (no BDSM). Shame these are made by ANALogue... and (therefore) overpriced like hell. And I doubt the workmanship on both wood and electronics after all the incidents that surfaced with the CMVSes already.

then there's that NES business also...
attachment.php

Last edited:

Gummy Bear

Windjammers Wonder
I have the original Black Label mk1 system.
Worth the money without a doubt. I've seen the inside of it and it's put together like a Swiss watch and the woodwork is astounding.
The newer slim ones are apparently inferior. The RGB output is gimped in some way to start with, which is a SIN.
Not that I care, cos I deliberately waited for an original to appear. I wanted the whole bunch of outputs.

Also, fuck the NES business.
There are millions of those things, if he chooses to upgrade a few, boo hoo.

Last edited:

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
I think with the sample okwenclosures case I got, I'll make a Sam Sho; 6 button stick.

MCF 76

Metal Slug Mechanic
10 Year Member
Nope, only one.

Did you ask for just one sample from them? They probably would have sent you two no problems, i told them i needed two. Hell I was going to buy them just wanted a total until the next day dude said they would send both as test samples for free. :scratch:

Last edited:

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
I asked for two but I guess it's because I live in Hawaii and the shipping is expensive, oh well.

Gummy Bear

Windjammers Wonder
Yeah that is a nice idea.
Could use it on more than just SS as well cos there are a few games that use double button.