Favorite Joystick to Play With

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
said Mr. 0.27 post/day since 2004.

Gummy Bear

Windjammers Wonder
said Mr. 0.27 post/day since 2004.

Posting trash and derisive drivel doesn't count, son.
Quality, not quantity.

You spend your time trying to pull down the creations and choices of others and trying to show how big your e-dick is.
I was here, consolizing shit, creating, helping while you were still in Prick School.

blakeb8111

Edo Express Delivery Guy
Did you ask for just one sample from them? They probably would have sent you two no problems, i told them i needed two. Hell I was going to buy them just wanted a total until the next day dude said they would send both as test samples for free. :scratch:

I only got one enclosure also, but I just filled out the online request and it said they usually give just one sample, but I was still happy. There's not a lot of businesses that run like that anymore, with real customer service, samples, ...

I actually had a co worker order one for me also and I just got it Monday. Painted it yesterday and added overlay and buttons today. Still waiting on my joystick and breakout board though. Here's a rough shot of it with the ball top just sitting in the hole cut out for the joystick next to the other one.
image.jpg
image.jpg

Last edited:

Gummy Bear

Windjammers Wonder
Loving the carbon theme.
Carbon goes with anything! :)
Is it a 3D vinyl on top? It looks better than most.

blakeb8111

Edo Express Delivery Guy
Loving the carbon theme.
Carbon goes with anything! :)
Is it a 3D vinyl on top? It looks better than most.

Thanks Gummy Bear. It's not a print, it's actually really thin woven carbon fiber that's adhesive backed. It was ordered as a vehicle wrap and it has a 6 or 9 year warranty, I forget which, so it has a really high tolerance to heat and sun fade. Obviously that's not important for my joysticks, but it's just to give you an idea of how durable it is.

Gummy Bear

Windjammers Wonder
Thanks Gummy Bear. It's not a print, it's actually really thin woven carbon fiber that's adhesive backed. It was ordered as a vehicle wrap and it has a 6 or 9 year warranty, I forget which, so it has a really high tolerance to heat and sun fade. Obviously that's not important for my joysticks, but it's just to give you an idea of how durable it is.

Ah! So it's like a cosmetic carbon sheet for projects and stuff. That's sweet.
I've seen the carbon print (poo) and the 3D vinyl (good) but actual carbon sheet sounds epic.
Probably made for car decorations and stuff.

MCF 76

Metal Slug Mechanic
10 Year Member
I only got one enclosure also, but I just filled out the online request and it said they usually give just one sample, but I was still happy. There's not a lot of businesses that run like that anymore, with real customer service, samples, ...

I actually had a co worker order one for me also and I just got it Monday. Painted it yesterday and added overlay and buttons today. Still waiting on my joystick and breakout board though. Here's a rough shot of it with the ball top just sitting in the hole cut out for the joystick next to the other one.
View attachment 27458
View attachment 27457

Well thats weird, it must be because alot of people have been contacting them and wanting free samples lol. Anyway blake wow bro, i freakin love the sticks really! Very nicely done colors are just amazing. Makes mine look rather boring lol. Did you come up with a plan on how to cut out the db hole on the 2nd stick? If you need any help/ advise hit me up man no worries.

Last edited:

neo_X7

Disciple Of Orochi
Current for Neo

11085097_356264757894442_596034517_n.jpg

Nice stick I wish they still sold those I would love to have one.

xsq

@blake: another nice job. "Inverting" the color scheme between P1 and P2 sticks is a real nice idea, good look.

Posting trash and derisive drivel doesn't count, son. Quality, not quantity. You spend your time trying to pull down the creations and choices of others and trying to show how big your e-dick is. I was here, consolizing shit, creating, helping while you were still in Prick School.
ok... trolling you is way too easy. Btw. I help/support people, from time to time... but whatever, I guess the few posts you've seen me make since you came back determine all I am. And you definitely know all about this place and (humourous) shit talk... right?

Last edited:

Gummy Bear

Windjammers Wonder
ok... trolling you is way too easy.

A life skill to be proud of.

Btw. I help/support people, from time to time...
Good. Keep it up.

but whatever, I guess the few posts you've seen me make since you came back determine all I am. And you definitely know all about this place and (humourous) shit talk... right?
1) You posted them.
2) Yeah I've noticed an appreciable increase in (oh so humorous) intolerance and assholery since I've been back.
Maybe I should get with the n00b bashing and detracting from peoples creative efforts. Cos it's funny.

blakeb8111

Edo Express Delivery Guy
@blake: another nice job. "Inverting" the color scheme between P1 and P2 sticks is a real nice idea, good look.

Thanks xsq, I'm looking forward to getting the rest of the stuff to finish it up. I'm happy with the final product, simple with just enough color to get a little attention.

Well thats weird, it must be because alot of people have been contacting them and wanting free samples lol. Anyway blake wow bro, i freakin love the sticks really! Very nicely done colors are just amazing. Makes mine look rather boring lol. Did you come up with a plan on how to cut out the db hole on the 2nd stick? If you need any help/ advise hit me up man no worries.

Thanks MCF76, I actually tried to do it like you suggested and it was coming out nicely with the sand paper over the end of the cable. I think u would have been proud, lol. Then I tried to put the male end of the cable through the hole and it didn't fit because it's not the same shape.
image.jpg
So I tried using my dremel to widen it but the shape isn't as smooth looking as it was at first. Once my new breakout board arrives I'll be able to check the fit better and finish up the bottom half of the case and I'll add a pic of it. I don't know if you'd be interested or not but if you want I could cut and send you a piece of the carbon fiber for your sticks. They look great already but if you want to give it a little something extra let me know. It keeps the look really simple but everyone who saw my sticks in person raved about the carbon overlay, it's a nice subtle touch.

Thunderblaze16

New Challenger
Don't really have a favorite joystick just yet, I just started getting back to arcade games. I have enjoyed using the CAPCOM Fighter Power Stick and the 1 arcade stick controller I've always been interested in checking out was the Battlestation II.

Not met anyone who has it but the built quality looks great on it.
51vSpxAqteL.jpg

xsq

Yeah I've noticed an appreciable increase in (oh so humorous) intolerance and assholery since I've been back.
Maybe I should get with the n00b bashing and detracting from peoples creative efforts. Cos it's funny.
If this wasn't sarcasm, we could get along just fine. :glee:

MCF 76

Metal Slug Mechanic
10 Year Member
Thanks MCF76, I actually tried to do it like you suggested and it was coming out nicely with the sand paper over the end of the cable. I think u would have been proud, lol. Then I tried to put the male end of the cable through the hole and it didn't fit because it's not the same shape.
View attachment 27486
So I tried using my dremel to widen it but the shape isn't as smooth looking as it was at first. Once my new breakout board arrives I'll be able to check the fit better and finish up the bottom half of the case and I'll add a pic of it. I don't know if you'd be interested or not but if you want I could cut and send you a piece of the carbon fiber for your sticks. They look great already but if you want to give it a little something extra let me know. It keeps the look really simple but everyone who saw my sticks in person raved about the carbon overlay, it's a nice subtle touch.

Yeah I have those same extension cables. Those look like the one's that come w/ A.I's sticks. Lucky enough I also had some more that have the exact shape you need for the DB's and hole clearance. I bought them from Jeff Kurtz about 5 years ago. Thanks for the offer on the carbon fiber bro. But I think I'm just going to leave it as is. I have moved onto another project that's taking up all my time now lol.

Last edited:

blakeb8111

Edo Express Delivery Guy
Did you come up with a plan on how to cut out the db hole on the 2nd stick? If you need any help/ advise hit me up man no worries.

My breakout board arrived yesterday so I put it in last night. Still not as good as yours but much better than the first. Thanks again MCF76 for the tips, they were very helpful. Did you add any weights to your sticks? that's the one thing I feel would finish off the project. Not really sure what I should use.

image.jpg

MCF 76

Metal Slug Mechanic
10 Year Member
My breakout board arrived yesterday so I put it in last night. Still not as good as yours but much better than the first. Thanks again MCF76 for the tips, they were very helpful. Did you add any weights to your sticks? that's the one thing I feel would finish off the project. Not really sure what I should use.

View attachment 27580

blake that looks just fine bro nice job man. Nah I haven't added any extra weights to mine. I think they are about the perfect weight for me. But I did add alot of extra parts making the DB mounting btacket so that did help. They feel slightly heavier than an original AES stick.

If you are wanting to add some weights I would use those sticky backed wheel weights. The one's used to balance tires lol. Seems weird but that way you don't half to drill anymore holes in the enclosure's for mounting them.

Like these: http://www.marcparnes.com/WheelWeights.jpg

Last edited:

blakeb8111

Edo Express Delivery Guy
blake that looks just fine bro nice job man. Nah I haven't added any extra weights to mine. I think they are about the perfect weight for me. But I did add alot of extra parts making the DB mounting btacket so that did help. They feel slightly heavier than an original AES stick.

If you are wanting to add some weights I would use those sticky backed wheel weights. The one's used to balance tires lol. Seems weird but that way you don't half to drill anymore holes in the enclosure's for mounting them.

That's actually a really good idea for the weights, never thought of that. They would probably be easy to make it look nice and neat on the inside. How's the new cmvs coming along? Its gonna be bad ass.

MCF 76

Metal Slug Mechanic
10 Year Member
That's actually a really good idea for the weights, never thought of that. They would probably be easy to make it look nice and neat on the inside. How's the new cmvs coming along? Its gonna be bad ass.

I haven't mounted anything to the CMVS yet. My mobo should be here by middle of this coming week. I half to mount it first then it should go pretty quick. I hope to have an update by the end of the week and some progress pic's.

DragonmasterDan

King's Dry Cleaner
Related to this topic, does anyone know if MAS is still making Joysticks? Both in general and for Neo Geo?

p413j316

Crazed MVS Addict
I use the Analogue Interactive stick and it is very nice. The wood texture feeling against my wrist is nice. Such a joy to use.

blakeb8111

Edo Express Delivery Guy
Finally got a chance to finish my last joystick. Now it's time to get some MVS carts.

image.jpg
image.jpg

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
Fucking hell, those look straight baller!

Nice job dude.

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member

A life skill to be proud of.

Good. Keep it up.

1) You posted them.
2) Yeah I've noticed an appreciable increase in (oh so humorous) intolerance and assholery since I've been back.

Dude, try harder.

At least xsq didn't came back to bash on members like Xian Xi just like you did on the other thread.
You really have to learn what "show some respect" means...