Firearm enthusiast thread

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
WTH..........WTF

I would jump in on that if only I lived in a free state

Bruh, look at this fat sexy bitch:

I love it. And for no good reason too. Like...wtf? Why does it actually look cool. Is that a threaded barrel to and it looks like the frame is cut for red dot optics?!?

If Tonk had one of these bad boys he could pistol whip the entire Russian army straight back to the Kremlin.

James Reeves is kind of love or hate, but god damn I want to CCW one of these out of a McDonalds bag. Hahahaha.

mainman

CPS2 Person.,
20 Year Member
Bruh, look at this fat sexy bitch:

I love it. And for no good reason too. Like...wtf? Why does it actually look cool. Is that a threaded barrel to and it looks like the frame is cut for red dot optics?!?

If Tonk had one of these bad boys he could pistol whip the entire Russian army straight back to the Kremlin.

James Reeves is kind of love or hate, but god damn I want to CCW one of these out of a McDonalds bag. Hahahaha.

What is the collective word on the street, are they proving reliable

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
What is the collective word on the street, are they proving reliable
I don't think they're out yet according to what James said in the video. If it performs like the OG Hipoint im sure it will be bomb-proof, if terribly heavy and pig-like. I think we'll know more after the upcoming SHOT Show.

mainman

CPS2 Person.,
20 Year Member
I don't think they're out yet according to what James said in the video. If it performs like the OG Hipoint im sure it will be bomb-proof, if terribly heavy and pig-like. I think we'll know more after the upcoming SHOT Show.

I really envy you guys who have the right to bear arms and buy damn near what ever you want. If you pick up one maybe make a video while out on the range.

mainman

CPS2 Person.,
20 Year Member
Speaking of California has anyone else in this shitty state gotten their COE & FFL03.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
I've had my FFL03 on two separate occasions in CA but did not bother to get the COE.

I had an M1 Garand (Garand, not grand - fuck you autocorrect!) shipped to my door, in California maybe 10 years ago.

Nothing is more American than the Government sending you a rifle through the mail to your home in what was at the time one of the most Anti-Gun jurisdiction in the country. Crom Bless this nation for giving me the arm that won Dubya Dubya 2 and killed literal Nazis. Uh anyway.

I think you do need a COE to get C&R longs guns in the mail now even with an FFL03 but I'm not sure, I haven't bought a gun in probably a decade.

mainman

CPS2 Person.,
20 Year Member
I've had my FFL03 on two separate occasions in CA but did not bother to get the COE.

I had an M1 Garand (Garand, not grand - fuck you autocorrect!) shipped to my door, in California maybe 10 years ago.

Nothing is more American than the Government sending you a rifle through the mail to your home in what was at the time one of the most Anti-Gun jurisdiction in the country. Crom Bless this nation for giving me the arm that won Dubya Dubya 2 and killed literal Nazis. Uh anyway.

I think you do need a COE to get C&R longs guns in the mail now even with an FFL03 but I'm not sure, I haven't bought a gun in probably a decade.

The big perk is being able to buy ammo online again

mainman

CPS2 Person.,
20 Year Member
With a COE and FFLO3 roughly you can have ammo shipped directly to your home without insufferable background check costs and problems in brick and mortar stores. Import ammo (e.g. buy in Nevada and drive it back). No 1-in-30 restrictions. Cash and carry for in state C&R rifle and pistol purchases from dealer without 10-day waiting period. Buy C&R out of state and bring back without DROS.

HellioN

, What The Fuck Is This Shit?
20 Year Member
I just went shooting for the first time a few months ago despite knowing gun guys for my entire adult life. Just pistols so far but I shot a couple different 9mm and a 40 cal. It was a god time, I don’t know what I’m doing and am a terrible shot but would like to have another go at it.

That said I’d like to get into something that’s either 22 or 9mm so I can actually afford to shoot it. I feel like I’d like a rifle more than a pistol but I’ve yet to try. I also have a hankering to shoot an MP5 an live my Die Hard fantasy, thankfully there’s a local range that has rentals and they’ve got one.

Any recommendations for cool 22 or 9mm stuff, pistol, SMG or rifle? Really not looking to go full collector mode, just have a few high quality reliable pieces.

Mainman, as a former southern californian I can tell you its so baffling to me at times the freedoms I have out here.

Speaking of which I just discovered the Civilian Marksmanship Program, pretty mind blowing. Got some garand goodness on the way from them hopefully.

Also found out Im about a 5 hour drive from one of their storefronts in camp pennington, so considering that road trip and grabbing a few more toys once im in the program. But being a kentuckian means they ship right to my home for free, no ffl, just the fedex man with a firearm.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Mainman, as a former southern californian I can tell you its so baffling to me at times the freedoms I have out here.

Speaking of which I just discovered the Civilian Marksmanship Program, pretty mind blowing. Got some garand goodness on the way from them hopefully.

Also found out Im about a 5 hour drive from one of their storefronts in camp pennington, so considering that road trip and grabbing a few more toys once im in the program. But being a kentuckian means they ship right to my home for free, no ffl, just the fedex man with a firearm.

Go to the CMP store ASAP.

Does the CMP still have 1911s?

Go to the CMP store ASAP.

Does the CMP still have 1911s?
Online they now do lotteries for a chance to buy vintage 1911’s

The storefront description says they have more than garands, which I would assume to mean some 1903s and 1911s, Im going to give them a call and see what in fact they do have as soon as im approved, i’ll report back.

Super upset I wasnt into shooting and didnt know about the cmp when I was younger, I’ll always regret not getting to that cmp hoard sooner.

mainman

CPS2 Person.,
20 Year Member

Are......Are you guys still allowed to use personal pronouns like, he, she, him, her, etc in Kentucky.
If I weren't taking care of my elderly mom I would get the hell outta this woke pro criminal shit hole of a state. When I retire I plan on moving to America to see what all this freedom is all about.

Dude I have a new firearm but can't find ammo at a store front because none of the shops around in a 50 mile radius stocks the stuff, I had to pay to get some of the freedoms Americans enjoy and buy those licenses in order to mail order ammo.

Well I envy that you escaped enjoy being able to buy what you want.

Are......Are you guys still allowed to use personal pronouns like, he, she, him, her, etc in Kentucky.
If I weren't taking care of my elderly mom I would get the hell outta this woke pro criminal shit hole of a state. When I retire I plan on moving to America to see what all this freedom is all about.

Dude I have a new firearm but can't find ammo at a store front because none of the shops around in a 50 mile radius stocks the stuff, I had to pay to get some of the freedoms Americans enjoy and buy those licenses in order to mail order ammo.

Well I envy that you escaped enjoy being able to buy what you want.
Still have to watch your pronouns.

But only because everyone is armed.

You ever find yourself exploring out this way, i’ll rent you an m249 at the local range.

mainman

CPS2 Person.,
20 Year Member
Still have to watch your pronouns.

But only because everyone is armed.

You ever find yourself exploring out this way, i’ll rent you an m249 at the local range.
Between you and me what I really want is a AR500 Automax. A trivial weapon for everyone else to own but far out of reach for me.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
My license got approved (!)
I like the look of the Ruger Precision 22LR to start but gotta feel it at the store to get an idea I guess. Anyone come across one?

images (3).jpeg

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Your License? What Authoritarian State do you live in? CA, MA, NJ?
Hmm how to respond? I live in Australia so as a Texan think the most restrictive firearm regulations possible (your worst nightmare) but that still allow you to own and operate some of them.

I'm honestly impressed you can even get a rifle with an AR style grip as some states ban the 'tactical' look.

Last edited:

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
Hmm how to respond? I live in Australia so as a Texan think the most restrictive firearm regulations possible (your worst nightmare) but that still allow you to own and operate some of them.

I'm honestly impressed you can even get a rifle with an AR style grip as some states ban the 'tactical' look.
I'm not supposed to even look at the picture you posted.

My license got approved (!)
I like the look of the Ruger Precision 22LR to start but gotta feel it at the store to get an idea I guess. Anyone come across one?

View attachment 61914
In my short time shooting, Ive shot 6 different 22lr rifles, 3 of them being ruger 10/22’s

Nothing has come close to shooting the 10/22 competition model, it feels and sounds and runs amazing, really felt on another level to me. Im sold on one, you can always change the furniture out for something more tactical on any rifle you buy.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
In my short time shooting, Ive shot 6 different 22lr rifles, 3 of them being ruger 10/22’s

Nothing has come close to shooting the 10/22 competition model, it feels and sounds and runs amazing, really felt on another level to me. Im sold on one, you can always change the furniture out for something more tactical on any rifle you buy.

I'm going out on a limb here and guessing he can't get a semi-auto.

Illinois is the only state I know that requires a license to purchase firearms with their FOID system though there are certain jurisdictions (NYC, Washington D.C.) where it's stupid hard to get a firearm.

You do need to pass a "firearm safety" test to purchase in California. I suppose that could technically be considered a license, but any FFL can administer it so it's less burdensome than say getting an actual state approved ID.