Firearm enthusiast thread

mainman

CPS2 Person.,
20 Year Member
Looking in to this and it seems it’s a SIG issue. SIG’s understanding of CA law RE: night vision optics is wrong and I’m reading they won’t send in a lot of parts to CA, including P320 (not on the roster) parts.

Romeo 5 is for sale to CA on Primary Arms’ website. Buy one from there. Amazon will be abundantly cautious especially if SIG says no sales to CA.

Plenty of places won’t ship to CA. You could Also try Brownells or Midway.

Cabela's/Bass pro sell the Romeo5 on their website.
If you have one in your area you could pop in and check to see if they have one in stock.

I have to air on the side of caution more than not, can't take any chances with possibly losing my security clearance. Fing California laws are difficult to decipher, if I am near Rancho Cucamonga/Cabela's/Bass I will walk in and pay cash for one but don't want to buy online just to be safe.

Last edited:
Many many handgun rounds were expended in the last two weeks.

That HK is magnificent and funky. What a weird ass trigger and action, what an amazing soft and level shooter with that comp. Its quickly ruining any other 9mm Ive fired, its about to get a buttload of upgrades.

In revolver world the 610 is quickly stealing all my love from the model 27. Wouldnt mind having a tricked out 610, to me it feels like an awesome combat option, really digging the moon clip system too. When I am all out of 357mag later this year I can see trading in the model 27 on a 44 magnum.

mainman

CPS2 Person.,
20 Year Member
Many many handgun rounds were expended in the last two weeks.

That HK is magnificent and funky. What a weird ass trigger and action, what an amazing soft and level shooter with that comp. Its quickly ruining any other 9mm Ive fired, its about to get a buttload of upgrades.

In revolver world the 610 is quickly stealing all my love from the model 27. Wouldnt mind having a tricked out 610, to me it feels like an awesome combat option, really digging the moon clip system too. When I am all out of 357mag later this year I can see trading in the model 27 on a 44 magnum.
How about a 10mm carbine

Mainman after updating my hand written serial list last month I was confronted with how many firearms I actually own.

Ive since decided on a number and Im going to try like hell to keep that number the cap. Anyways Ive concluded with this number and with the new brace legislation that there is no room for pistol caliber carbines, but I am considering upgrading one pistol to another 10mm. I do really like the caliber.

mainman

CPS2 Person.,
20 Year Member
Note to self: cant talk mainman into firearms with reasonably priced ammo
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

My motto, Go Big Bore Or Go Home.

Well since I can not have a 500 Automax the Beowulf will have to do.

I got 5k invested in ammo alone, btw what is the Shelf life of ammo.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Mainman should get a 7.5 FK BRNO…

…if he ever moves from CA.

mainman

CPS2 Person.,
20 Year Member
Mainman should get a 7.5 FK BRNO…

…if he ever moves from CA.
Nah I will never buy a firearm that uses wildcat/unobtainium ammo which is why I would pass on a 44 automag and 475 widely OR A .429 Desert Eagle conversion kit if I had the chance to buy any of them.

I store my ammo in a plastic ammo cases that have gaskets

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
I wish one of the new 5.7 Pistols was on the roster.

I have 30-‘06 surplus ammunition from the 1960s or 70s. It’s fine. My Soviet 5.45 “7n6” ammo also goes bang, though it’s not as old. Although I am reluctant to use up my supply of the glorious poison bullet since it’s banned for import now :(

mainman

CPS2 Person.,
20 Year Member
I wish one of the new 5.7 Pistols was on the roster.

I have 30-‘06 surplus ammunition from the 1960s or 70s. It’s fine. My Soviet 5.45 “7n6” ammo also goes bang, though it’s not as old. Although I am reluctant to use up my supply of the glorious poison bullet since it’s banned for import now :(
Aint nothing on that damn roster, freckin CA.

Last edited:
In cali you dont have to worry about moisture but elsewhere we toss a big bag of silica in with the ammo can, take it out once a year and toss in the oven to dry.

As far as 5.45: when covid caused all the ammo to dry up, especially import calibers, combined with the resurgence of the AK in america also pushed by gun buying fury of covid.

Well that gave us reason to produce our own, we now have 762 being produced by several sources in america, and 545 is being promised sometime this year by two different american manufactures. Praise Allah!

Last edited:
The CMP got usgi mil surp ammo in for the first time since jesus and the dinosaurs, I bought my maximum allotment, entrusted to me as the true paper killing american anti-book freedom fighter I am. Resist the trees, people.

mainman

CPS2 Person.,
20 Year Member
The CMP got usgi mil surp ammo in for the first time since jesus and the dinosaurs, I bought my maximum allotment, entrusted to me as the true paper killing american anti-book freedom fighter I am. Resist the trees, people.

Better watch how much arms you buy or you will come to the attention of the Yautja, next thing you know you will be waking up mid free fall on a planet with two moons

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
In the words of Dr. Samuel Beckett, "Oh boy."

I actually don't see this as particularly useful for a home defense gun though I do see utility in the idea of a firearm that is freely accessible, but only able to be used when needed. Maybe in some kind of secure facility, or a weapon employed by security at some kind of locked down site. Could be an option for the ridiculous idea of arming teachers, I guess. Some kind of scenario like that.

Of real interest to me is the fact that it's an electronic trigger.

I eagerly await someone to develop a bullpup rifle that employs an electronic trigger. No more trigger linkages. Literally adjust the trigger to your liking.

While I don't think the average consumer is ready to accept a firearm that relies on electronics to function I think they are, to some degree, inevitable. If not as the primary operating system as secondary systems that powers other functions.

Magpul is already working with Maztech on their X4 system which employs a HUD over a traditional (proprietary - I can't remember?) optic to keep track of ammunition and for use as a ballistic computer. Once an industry standard is developed (or employed by the USA military) I imagine we'll see widespread adoption.

Either way, can't wait to see this thing hacked.

Also an interesting choice to have no optic cut on the gun. Particularly on the portion of the frame which doesn't reciprocate.

I also can't wait til one of these guns is found at a crime scene...except a hacker cloned another users gun and uploaded to that particular arm, thereby framing another person. Or maybe that's just the plot of murder mystery film I want to see, lol.

Either way, I don't want one of these lol.

I do want a rifle designed with an electronic trigger in mind though. I think it was Remington who made a version of their 700 rifle that had electronic primer ignition. I'd love to see more shit like that.

Neat vid. The looks remind me of a grocery store scanner. Love the light up front sight.

This combined with a basic ammo counter or even hud like duff said would be amazing, cant wait to see the next bunch of revisions.

I think the basic idea of this being a left out in the open home defense weapon is a little goofy/kind of flawed. But I would love to get this tech in a smaller conceal carry.