Firearm enthusiast thread

HellioN

, What The Fuck Is This Shit?
20 Year Member
Polyethylene. It's some basic beyotch LvL3a.
Handles.44 magnum and below.

HellioN

20 Year Member
Polyethylene is usually a plate.
Mine has an expiration date on it but old armor, soft and hard, have been tested and shown to still be good.
I think, IIRC, the expiration date is more to do with warranty than effectiveness.
I know ceramic has special handling procedures to avoid chipping the edges that could lead to cracks.

Last edited:
Just finalized and sent in my application to be a short barrel rifle owner. Feels super bad giving ATF any of that info, I tell you I wouldnt mind if they werent so damn corrupt.

Now I am kind of inspired to go hit the silencer central kiosk at my local range.

HellioN

20 Year Member
Just finalized and sent in my application to be a short barrel rifle owner. Feels super bad giving ATF any of that info, I tell you I wouldnt mind if they werent so damn corrupt.

Now I am kind of inspired to go hit the silencer central kiosk at my local range.
They pretty much already had all that info from the 4473 already.

Yeah you just feel thoroughly fleeced for personal info, even from the CMP, lol. I do feel pretty forced into this by the brace ban. But Im going to enjoy it so whatever.

Last edited:

mainman

CPS2 Person.,
20 Year Member
I don't understand the reference but I highly discourage the practice.

No reference, comment was made with your ARX100 in mind.

Are you seriously making a joke about the rash of innocent folks shot for trespassing lately? Classy.

What now? Are you talking about mass shootings?
No that wasn't my intention.

Last edited:

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
No reference, comment was made with your ARX100 in mind.

What now? Are you talking about mass shootings?
No that wasn't my intention.

This one is the most egregious. Sounds like a straight up murder to me. There was at least one other similar shooting around the time of this one.

Kid basically showed up to 123 street and knocked on the door, when he was supposed to be at 123 Street Terrace. Was then shot through the glass door.

I had a friend who used to live (in a different city in MO) on a "10th street terrace" which was the next street over from "10th street" so I definitely understand how someone could get confused.

mainman

CPS2 Person.,
20 Year Member
This one is the most egregious. Sounds like a straight up murder to me. There was at least one other similar shooting around the time of this one.

Kid basically showed up to 123 street and knocked on the door, when he was supposed to be at 123 Street Terrace. Was then shot through the glass door.

I had a friend who used to live (in a different city in MO) on a "10th street terrace" which was the next street over from "10th street" so I definitely understand how someone could get confused.

So basically he thought he could can green light someone on the spot as soon as they're on his property, just a free right to kill no matter any circumstance.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
So basically he thought he could can green light someone on the spot as soon as they're on his property, just a free right to kill no matter any circumstance.

According to what's been reported, yeah. There were a few other shootings I heard about, where based on what was reported, it wasn't clear that the shooter was in a fear of their life.

mainman

CPS2 Person.,
20 Year Member
According to what's been reported, yeah. There were a few other shootings I heard about, where based on what was reported, it wasn't clear that the shooter was in a fear of their life.

Sometimes I wonder how can it be so easy for some people to pull that trigger.

@mainman -sorry man I couldnt tell, yeah there have been a bunch of unprovoked mostly lost/mistaken tresspassing shootings in the news lately.

—————————————————

So it looks like none of the 44 magnums I like accept moon clips. Looks like no matter what I choose the cylinder has to be mailed out for machining. Bummer.

How do you guys feel about snub noses? They are growing on me more and more. Especially since I learned this is strictly an american thing. I kinda think this 629 is hot, 2.6 inch barrel 44 rem mag:
3B206FC7-DB6E-4C14-81CA-5B73182E2CD6.jpeg

Last edited:

mainman

CPS2 Person.,
20 Year Member
@mainman -sorry man I couldnt tell, yeah there have been a bunch of unprovoked mostly lost/mistaken tresspassing shootings in the news lately.

—————————————————

So it looks like none of the 44 magnums I like accept moon clips. Looks like no matter what I choose the cylinder has to be mailed out for machining. Bummer.

How do you guys feel about snub noses? They are growing on me more and more. Especially since I learned this is strictly an american thing. I kinda think this 629 is hot, 2.6 inch barrel 44 rem mag:
View attachment 64813

I have been so thoroughly traumatized after firing a 3" SW 500ES I don't even entertain snub nose revolvers anymore, I had ligament damage that took 7 months to heal. When choosing my barrel length I always go with the middle ground

They are useful for concealment and draw, you loose out in ballistics however. Dude you probably don't want a .44 in snub nose, you're gonna hate it

HellioN

20 Year Member
.44 mag in a snub is crazy.
.38 is best, especially when you find them for $250.

Last edited: