First screens of PS2 KoF 2003

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
Tridagger X said:
those new backgrounds look awesome. the life bars look different in the PS2 than the arcade/Neo version.

The original life bar colors were yellow for teammates and blue for the leader. Now its green for leader. Not much of a difference

I like the Bgs but they are kind of bland

Blue Steel

previously "bubu_X"
Verythrax said:
I hate to admit, but the new BGs sucks so far.
From the screenshots I don't think they look too bad, I'd like to see some more video footage of the game. Are you going by the screenshots or have you seen this in person at e3?

Verythrax

OWES ROT MONEY!
SnairDogg said:
From the screenshots I don't think they look too bad, I'd like to see some more video footage of the game. Are you going by the screenshots or have you seen this in person at e3?

I'm judging by these screencaps. I'm not talking about the resolution though, they lack some good taste IMO. And differently from the KOF2k1 port (where the BGs where plain and simple, but match the game style very well), these ones don't look like KOF2k3 at all.

But I liked that first screen of the mayan temples, posted some time ago.

dragonwillow

Ghost of Captain Kidd
Someone posted a pic of the US box art there (3rd or 4th page I think)...
It's being released in a combo pack with 2k2 as well?

The cover art is hideous.

SNKJorge

Collection Gallery Keeper, CD Price Guide Analyst,
Dio_Brando said:
"Oh my God, the backgrounds look better than any BG in the Neo-Geo in years! Sob sob! I´ll call everything ´inferior ports´ even though they all look much better"

Get the fuck away from News and Rumors. You don´t belong here. The Neo is dead and all you do is whine.

Another Faggot NeoGeoLess idiot comment.
It satisfies me a lot, to know that you are only some poor fuck, who
can't even afford one. :glee: :drool_2:

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
It must be depressing to be that consistantly negative.

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
first I read what people where saying - then took a look at the pictures. I really don't know what the fuss is about they look very unspectacular. These things haven't really changed since street fighter 2.

and Dio Brando - can you please cut out the flaming? You really aren't doing yourself any favours here, I really think you should go elsewhere. You haven't been here 2 minutes and you act like you own the joint. as I say please go elsewhere.

Shito

King of Typists,
20 Year Member
xtoo_short20x said:
Another Faggot NeoGeoLess idiot comment.
It satisfies me a lot, to know that you are only some poor fuck, who
can't even afford one. :glee: :drool_2:

lol NeoGeoLess lol :lol: :lol: :lol:

Shito

King of Typists,
20 Year Member
Fygee said:

Negative? Oh, c'mon.

With new releases finally stopped, NeoGeo has finally officially shifted in the 'retrogaming region'. I say 'finally' cause from an actualy point of view, NG has been a kind of 'retrogaming' for more than a couple of years now.

I really fail to see why just don't bothering with other systems new reales from SNKP a kind of 'being negative'. I love NeoGeo, I play NeoGeo, and I really don't feel any need of being hyped for any next-gen crap, which is NOT my cup of tea in anyway.

We're posting on NEO-GEO. com, for god's sake! Here one is supposed to worship the SYSTEM, not the p0rtz, is that hard to get?

I don't care a fucking KOF-NEO-GENERATION on a PS3 all high-res and whatever, I just like the NeoGeo, with its resolution, palette, sound, and UNIQUE STYLE AND MAGIC.

Ok?

Blue Steel

previously "bubu_X"
Shito said:
Negative? Oh, c'mon.

With new releases finally stopped, NeoGeo has finally officially shifted in the 'retrogaming region'. I say 'finally' cause from an actualy point of view, NG has been a kind of 'retrogaming' for more than a couple of years now.

I really fail to see why just don't bothering with other systems new reales from SNKP a kind of 'being negative'. I love NeoGeo, I play NeoGeo, and I really don't feel any need of being hyped for any next-gen crap, which is NOT my cup of tea in anyway.

We're posting on NEO-GEO. com, for god's sake! Here one is supposed to worship the SYSTEM, not the p0rtz, is that hard to get?

I don't care a fucking KOF-NEO-GENERATION on a PS3 all high-res and whatever, I just like the NeoGeo, with its resolution, palette, sound, and UNIQUE STYLE AND MAGIC.

Ok?
I was referring to tooshort as being the negative one. I'm all about the Neo Geo, but there aren't going to be new releases for it anymore and they've moved to new hardware for r/d. I really don't see that as being bad. Be optimistic about the future of SNK games. Sure the old ones are great and they are the backbone and history of the games to come, but I don't understand why you wouldn't want new and better games. There is always room for improvement concerning anything you encounter in life. Yes I realize this is NeoGeo.com, but you're the one that braught that up, and whether you like it or not this place is going to evolve and include Atomiswave information, merchandise, etc. If you want to continue being negative though, you go right ahead, I really don't care.

Shito

King of Typists,
20 Year Member
SnairDogg said:
I was referring to tooshort as being the negative one. I'm all about the Neo Geo, but there aren't going to be new releases for it anymore and they've moved to new hardware for r/d. I really don't see that as being bad. Be optimistic about the future of SNK games. Sure the old ones are great and they are the backbone and history of the games to come, but I don't understand why you wouldn't want new and better games. There is always room for improvement concerning anything you encounter in life. Yes I realize this is NeoGeo.com, but you're the one that braught that up, and whether you like it or not this place is going to evolve and include Atomiswave information, merchandise, etc. If you want to continue being negative though, you go right ahead, I really don't care.

You're missing my point. I love the NeoGeo, in all its feature, thus is unlikely that any NextGen shit would be anyway *better* (as you said) for me, from any point of view.

I can't stand hi-res shit, really, I really hate it. It disturb me, and I find any hi-res 2d game way beyond the 'videogame' unique style. GG is anime crap, and a crap game to me.

Not even to talk about KOF-MI and 3d shit.

C'mon, NeoGeo is pure retrogaming now, where's the problem?

It piss me off I'm not going to get the end of the Dragon Spirit saga on the Neo, yes, but hell, this is not a reason to go with stupid mugen-like rip-offs such as NeoWave and upcoming AW titles.

That's NOT NeoGeo. Face it.

Blue Steel

previously "bubu_X"
No pleasing you, oh well. You look at a glass being half empty rather than half full, whatever.

Shito

King of Typists,
20 Year Member
SnairDogg said:
No pleasing you, oh well. You look at a glass being half empty rather than half full, whatever.

No, sir.

Latest SNKP releases were 'the glass being (just) half full', for you can't compare them with the former and latest SNK production.

Won't you agree?

Now you say the glass being half full? Full of what, I ask? Not NeoGeo, no, but something else.

Here is my point.

SNKJorge

Fygee said:

Heh, not more than not having a neo, and come to a web-site dedicated to
it and bash it.

Blue Steel

previously "bubu_X"
@shito, I think optimistically. I feel bad for you.

xtoo_short20x said:
Heh, not more than not having a neo, and come to a web-site dedicated to
it and bash it.
@tooshort, I wasn't aware that dio was bashing the Neo Geo (that's lame if he was), but I can understand why people want ports because not everyone is as rich as you.

Shito

King of Typists,
20 Year Member
SnairDogg said:

@tooshort, I wasn't aware that dio was bashing the Neo Geo (that's lame if he was), but I can understand why people want ports because not everyone is as rich as you.

Port is a story, and I agree with you. Since I was a child, I could not afford the home NeoGeo system, thus I played Neo games in their arcade form plus port.

But, dropping the system and producing games for other system, is just someway diffetent.

C'mon, think of the 'original' PS1 Samurai title. No way that's considered a Neo title, don't you agree?

So now can explain me why should I care that crap called Maximum Impact?

That's nothing like Neo. I think ''King of Fighters Kyo'' was even more 'KOFy' than that one.

Blue Steel

previously "bubu_X"
Shito said:
Port is a story, and I agree with you. Since I was a child, I could not afford the home NeoGeo system, thus I played Neo games in their arcade form plus port.

But, dropping the system and producing games for other system, is just someway diffetent.

C'mon, think of the 'original' PS1 Samurai title. No way that's considered a Neo title, don't you agree?

So now can explain me why should I care that crap called Maximum Impact?

That's nothing like Neo. I think ''King of Fighters Kyo'' was even more 'KOFy' than that one.
Okay, but it's not like they 'dropped' the Neo Geo. They did it for intelligent reasons: piracy, hardware limitations. I don't play ports because they're inferior, of course, however I will buy KOF:MI. If you watched the history of SNK on G4techTV you surely heard them mention that KOF:MI was made to target the the ps2 market and it's basically 3D so that it will attract a broader audience. The only other ports of Neo Geo games I look forward to are the ones that will be xbox live compatible, and it's for that reason alone (live compatibility). I'm also looking forward to Atomiswave ports and it's the future of SNK so I pray that it is very successful.

Shito

King of Typists,
20 Year Member
SnairDogg said:
Okay, but it's not like they 'dropped' the Neo Geo. They did it for intelligent reasons: piracy, hardware limitations. I don't play ports because they're inferior, of course, however I will buy KOF:MI. If you watched the history of SNK on G4techTV you surely heard them mention that KOF:MI was made to target the the ps2 market and it's basically 3D so that it will attract a broader audience. The only other ports of Neo Geo games I look forward to are the ones that will be xbox live compatible, and it's for that reason alone (live compatibility). I'm also looking forward to Atomiswave ports and it's the future of SNK so I pray that it is very successful.

I don't mind intentions. I mind facts. We're not talking a lover hwo dropped her sweeteheart for whatever a good or bad reasons.

I love SNK as far as NeoGeo goes. I'm not a Beast Buster freak, you know?

Couldn't care less of PS dedicated games (such as the 'so called by westeners' Warrior Rage II, or Athena: Awaeking from Ordinary Life) or other platforms original games (such as the pc-rpg 'Nakoruru').

On the contrary, I love many NeoGeo games made by OTHERS companies (not SNK), such as Nazca (Slug, BTG), Aicom/Yumekobo (Pulstar and Blazing), Data East, and even Sunsoft.

The point to me is NOT 'SNK games' (and btw, SNK is no more since years, you know), but NEO-GEO games. It's the system, not the mere maker.

Thus, nothing changed to me.

They could have produced an high-res KOF on Dreamcast many years ago (ah ah) and still I would have regarded it as a 'port', IE 'not the real thing'.

Not the real 'neo geo thing', that is.

And the NeoGeo is no more, 'new releases wise'.

NeoGeo is retrogaming, and that's exactly the cutting edge where I'm happly and positively staying...

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
Those bg's are shit.
If this game takes the beating dream match 99 took... Man people will be pissed.

Fucking annoying they dont just directly port the original stuff and make these changes optional.
Like in garou how you could swap ost/ast.

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
Dio_Brando said:
"Oh my God, the backgrounds look better than any BG in the Neo-Geo in years! Sob sob! I´ll call everything ´inferior ports´ even though they all look much better"

Get the fuck away from News and Rumors. You don´t belong here. The Neo is dead and all you do is whine.

Jealousy.

SNKJorge

SnairDogg said:

Read his posts and find out.

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
I think it comes down to effort.
The company poors its effort into a neo title that people gladly surrender hundreds for. Its the mentality of art and gaming lunatics.
The port gets minimal effort to the original game, cause its not a unique product, its been done.
Whether you use roms, go to cades, buy the games on home systems, or involve any way in neo, you know the difference.
Its not that any of the ports were bad, its that they are made to be inferior to the original.
How can they not be?
SNKP is convinced the mainstream wont accept KOF 2003 as a release unless some glitz tweak is done.

I play neo games cause neo is hardware at its best. This is why we are so hard on every SINGLE ELEMENT of these games. We disect play to the most impossibly hard combos, to even bugs and infinites (kof example)
Neo Geo fans are hardcore cause they see the system different then any other system they own. Its not cause its more expensive, not cause its retro, not any of these reasons. Its cause this system has maxed its potential and went on for years with that potential maxed releasing KILLER fucking games.

You take a look at Garou and the whole KOF series. The effort and work put into it is amazing. Its like they could read our minds on the things we like to play.

You dudes are coming to the home of the Neo Geo lunatics, the people who are here for the neo, dead or undead. Then you cram these fuckin moral bs beliefs onto us, when we know what we like.
Its not that we hate hi res, its that its NOT neo geo. NG.COM IS FOR NEO GEO.

NG is 2d based sprite gaming with crazy animation, and most importantly purely focused gameplay.
Look at all the vids on the net. NOTHING in the world has more gameplay vids then the neo. You can confirm this by looking at all the sites who make for it. Even the bad ass stuff capcom does doesnt have this OCD related following.

I mean shit, you dont see games like FFS today. NG games also have a replay that no system has ever matched.