First screens of PS2 KoF 2003

kaos

I'm a stealthy Ghost-like pimp daddy bitch, yo!
Lord Wolfgang Krauser said:
Jealousy.

nah, I dont think so
just stupidity, It's an old story
morons like him or Mushiki think (or better, they wanna think): "hi-res=good looking=better"

simple as that

Cynn

Edo Express Delivery Guy
I didn't get to see because the bloody pics are down! Can anyone else show them?

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
Fucking annoying they dont just directly port the original stuff and make these changes optional.
Like in garou how you could swap ost/ast.

Like I said before, the previous ports had the original, untouched backgrounds as an option, so I would figure this one would as well, making the whole point moot if you don't like the altered backgrounds.

JHendrix

Jello Pudding Pop, Y'know? Like that whole Bill C
But I think the new BG's look nicer than the old ones, though the old ones were pretty good in their own right, especially considering they were done on the Neo.

Jealousy has nothing to do with it really, I play the original version enough and it's fun, this version will be no less fun to play.

I'll be happy to get this port when it's on XBox with online play. BG's mean nothing as an addition, at least for me. Online play, now that's something worth drooling over, not some stupid new BG's.

I wonder how many people bitching and moaning about this, on both sides, are going to be willing to pony up and play against others here online when it does come out? Just one rule though, no Duo Lon. :p

Dio_Brando

Edo Express Delivery Guy
Fygee said:
Like I said before, the previous ports had the original, untouched backgrounds as an option, so I would figure this one would as well, making the whole point moot if you don't like the altered backgrounds.

They get off on complaining. The Neo is dead, so it´s all they have left.

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
Dio_Brando
Another Striker

fuck off newbie - don't get in people's faces you haven't had the chance to know properly. You came to this site at a time when the neo geo was being put away for good, so you don't really have any scope of what kind of enthusiasm existed here.
300 of your posts are flames. puto.

LWK that's one of the best posts I've read here. It crystalises perfectly what alot of people have been trying to say. If there's ever a reason to question a person's perspective on the way things are going here/with Playmore - just reffer back to that post.

SNKJorge

Collection Gallery Keeper, CD Price Guide Analyst,
This man speaks no bullshit.
One of the better members on this site.

Lord Wolfgang Krauser said:
I think it comes down to effort.
The company poors its effort into a neo title that people gladly surrender hundreds for. Its the mentality of art and gaming lunatics.
The port gets minimal effort to the original game, cause its not a unique product, its been done.
Whether you use roms, go to cades, buy the games on home systems, or involve any way in neo, you know the difference.
Its not that any of the ports were bad, its that they are made to be inferior to the original.
How can they not be?
SNKP is convinced the mainstream wont accept KOF 2003 as a release unless some glitz tweak is done.

I play neo games cause neo is hardware at its best. This is why we are so hard on every SINGLE ELEMENT of these games. We disect play to the most impossibly hard combos, to even bugs and infinites (kof example)
Neo Geo fans are hardcore cause they see the system different then any other system they own. Its not cause its more expensive, not cause its retro, not any of these reasons. Its cause this system has maxed its potential and went on for years with that potential maxed releasing KILLER fucking games.

You take a look at Garou and the whole KOF series. The effort and work put into it is amazing. Its like they could read our minds on the things we like to play.

You dudes are coming to the home of the Neo Geo lunatics, the people who are here for the neo, dead or undead. Then you cram these fuckin moral bs beliefs onto us, when we know what we like.
Its not that we hate hi res, its that its NOT neo geo. NG.COM IS FOR NEO GEO.

NG is 2d based sprite gaming with crazy animation, and most importantly purely focused gameplay.
Look at all the vids on the net. NOTHING in the world has more gameplay vids then the neo. You can confirm this by looking at all the sites who make for it. Even the bad ass stuff capcom does doesnt have this OCD related following.

I mean shit, you dont see games like FFS today. NG games also have a replay that no system has ever matched.

Last edited:

Shito

King of Typists,
20 Year Member
JHendrix said:
But I think the new BG's look nicer than the old ones, though the old ones were pretty good in their own right, especially considering they were done on the Neo.

Lol, have you tried 'Crouchin Tiger Hidden Dragon 2001'?

BGs are awesome in that one... BEST HACKJOB EVAR!!!11!!!1

(still, they fit with sprites way better than KOFNW ones... lol)

Shito

King of Typists,
20 Year Member
DevilRedeemed said:
fuck off newbie - don't get in people's faces you haven't had the chance to know properly. You came to this site at a time when the neo geo was being put away for good, so you don't really have any scope of what kind of enthusiasm existed here.
300 of your posts are flames. puto.

owned-hatonfire.jpg