First screens of PS2 KoF 2003

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
Looks fantastic. I like how they added more color to the areas that really needed it.

JHendrix

Jello Pudding Pop, Y'know? Like that whole Bill C
Man those look about 1234987314 times better than the original ones.

Now if we could only get them to re-do the sprites... :help:

BryLmoo

AES Contact Cleaner, Extraordinaire!!!,
20 Year Member
am i the only one who doesn't like them?

good lord...

geekabilly

Mickey's Coach
Alex0916 said:
Very nice BG but aren't the sprites suppose to be in hi-res also?

You should know..You saw it at E3.. i know because i saw you in the booth :D

Curt

apostate
The BG's look very good in those pix.. I'd like Higher res pix, of those High Res Backrounds though...

Orpheus

One Nut,
20 Year Member
BryLmoo said:
am i the only one who doesn't like them?

good lord...

Well, if you are talking about the quality (and not artwork) then you can attribute it to the fact that the screen grabs/shots are very below par. This game should look great in motion firsthand.

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
I don't dig them... they look so blah to me. But, I'd need to play it, I don't want to judge it by some tiny screen grabs.

nothingxs

King's Dry Cleaner
The sprites aren't hi-res -- that was a translation error, apparently.

HOPING FOR 2004, THOUGH.

Tridagger X

Geese's Thug
those new backgrounds look awesome. the life bars look different in the PS2 than the arcade/Neo version.

Fygee

20 Year Member
For those that prefer the original untouched backgrounds, I'm sure they'll be included as well, so everyone's happy. ;)

Alex0916

Bling kills, but...,
geekabilly said:
You should know..You saw it at E3.. i know because i saw you in the booth :D
I know I just though maybe they would have changed it because someone said the sprites were in hi-res. Just like nothingxs said I guess it was a translation error.

Ancient Flounder

"Just walk away. Give me the pump...the oil...the
15 Year Member
Fygee said:
For those that prefer the original untouched backgrounds, I'm sure they'll be included as well, so everyone's happy. ;)

Won't be needed as much as the PS2 version of 2K1, though. Smart move by Playmore to keep the arcade stages on that, since the new ones sucked ass (with the exception of China 2; that one kicked ass).

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
Meh, I've never liked the mixture of high-res bg's and lower-res sprites. It just makes the whole game look like a hack-job, IMO. If the character sprites were redone to make their resolution be on-par with the bg's, I suppose it'd look pretty nice.

Shito

King of Typists,
20 Year Member
galfordo said:
Meh, I've never liked the mixture of high-res bg's and lower-res sprites. It just makes the whole game look like a hack-job, IMO.

What he said.

PS
KOF-NeoWave anyone?

K hunter

Kula's Candy
shit man, it looks like freaking mugen. tho i dig the gameplay

edit: pardon me while i be anal..
when the fuck are they gona get up off thier ass and WORK like they did with '99 evo?

Last edited:

Dio_Brando

Edo Express Delivery Guy
Shito said:
What he said.

PS
KOF-NeoWave anyone?

"Oh my God, the backgrounds look better than any BG in the Neo-Geo in years! Sob sob! I´ll call everything ´inferior ports´ even though they all look much better"

Get the fuck away from News and Rumors. You don´t belong here. The Neo is dead and all you do is whine.

kaos

I'm a stealthy Ghost-like pimp daddy bitch, yo!
Dio_Brando said:
"Oh my God, the backgrounds look better than any BG in the Neo-Geo in years! Sob sob! I´ll call everything ´inferior ports´ even though they all look much better"

Get the fuck away from News and Rumors. You don´t belong here. The Neo is dead and all you do is whine.

dude
you're a fucking joke and a moron

you should get married with Mushiki in San Francisco
my paisá D-Lite would possibly take a pic of you retarded faggots

Shito

King of Typists,
20 Year Member
Dio_Brando said:

Moreover, why are you posting on such a BOARD in the first place?

Now you can dig the net to find the meaning of 'mugen like' and 'hack-job and try to understand the other posts I was referring to.

C'mon, I'm sure you can do it. :buttrock:

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
I saw and played it at E3. Frankly, some of the BGs worked and some didn't. Because of some color choices and amount of sharpness in far background elements, some stages lacked depth. That may not bother some, and that's fine, but it bothers me. I also think some of the backgrounds look better in screenshots than they did in motion. On the other hand, I think some of the backgrounds came out real well; like I said, a mixed bag.

Fygee

20 Year Member
The whole thing is a moot point anyways, since I'm sure they'll add the original, untouched backgrounds as an option for those who don't like the redone backgrounds.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Fygee said:
The whole thing is a moot point anyways, since I'm sure they'll add the original, untouched backgrounds as an option for those who don't like the redone backgrounds.
Not so much a moot point for me. Those who like only the original can get the AES or MVS. However, since we know the backgrounds at least are moving inevitably towards 3D in the ports, I'd like if they used a bit more artisic sense in building them. From next year, the "original" backgrounds in the arcade will likely all be 3D, so this is vital. There are many principles that have been used in art for hundreds of years to create the illusion of depth, etc., which can (and should) also be applied towards 3D. It's largely a matter of experience, and I'm sure they'll improve as they do more.