Games You Wish Would Get Made...But Probably Won't

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
A concept game, which has a name but I forget now what it is. It could be single or multiplayer, but all interconnected in some way. A game that a person can choose to play a very small part or a very large part. A game that has everything in it. The example I like to use is to imagine a single game that has all of the Sim games inside of it. SimCity, SimTown, SimEarth, Sims, Streets of SimCity, SimCopter, SimFarm, SimAnt, etc.

There is a more into this direction with the underlying aspect of No Man's Sky, which let you move from a spaceflight/combat game, though an atmosphere and down onto a planet. But the idea of the all encompassing game would be, say someone is playing on the SimCity mode and there is a tornado, it would effect people playing in the Sims or SimCopter mode. One big issue with a game of this design is that things could then occur that a player would have no ability to deal with, such as if a meteor would hit, then the person who was in SimTown or SimAnt or SimFarm mode would have a game over.

Aside from that, another game concept would be a reality simulator. Not really needing to be a simulator, but it is just an annoyance I have with games that have doors that cannot be opened, windows that cannot be broken, cars that cannot be driven, buttons that cannot be pushed, computers that cannot be used, etc. I want to be able to do everything and pick up/throw anything. Too much of a game is just there for show.

That sounds awesome.

Digmac

Leona's Therapist
F-Zero NX for the Switch

I’ll second this. GX was one of my favorite games growing up. I got snaking down and beat the game 100%, every story mission on every difficulty, every cup on every difficulty.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
A God Hand sequel, or even an HD update/remix of the original, would get me to buy a next gen console.

Burning Fight!!

NIS America fan & Rent Free tenant
10 Year Member
A new Parasite Eve that overrides the dumbness of The Third Birthday completely.

joe8

margarine sandwich
15 Year Member
What are some games you wish would get made or released but chances are never will? Personally I wish there was a remake or retro style sequel for Shatterhand on NES. I also to this day really wish Mega Man Universe had come out.
Games for the Neo Geo:

Mark of the Wolves 2
Art of Fighting 4
Shock Troopers 3
Last Blade 3

Last edited:

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
Samurai Shodown RPG.

But get this............. in English.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
Vanquish 2
A new 2D Metroid
Beyond Good and Evil 2
A new Otogi or a collection of 1&2 in HD
A new proper Ridge Racer
Viewtiful Joe 3 or HD collection of 1&2
A new Outrun
A follow up to the Fist of the North Star Atomiswave game

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
Vanquish 2
A new 2D Metroid
Beyond Good and Evil 2
A new Otogi or a collection of 1&2 in HD
A new proper Ridge Racer
Viewtiful Joe 3 or HD collection of 1&2
A new Outrun
A follow up to the Fist of the North Star Atomiswave game

A new 2-D Metroid on Switch would be tits.

Mr.Bojangles

War Room Troll
P.T.

This game was shaping up to be the scariest survival horror game of all time, and then all of a sudden Konami and Hideo Kojima couldnt come to an agreement, and the project got shelved permanently. It ended up pissing so many fans off because even the demo showed how scary and intense this game was gonna be, and now all we're left with is thoughts of what could have been. Such a bummer.

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
You know what would be even better than a new game that's actually really good? Some sort of NOS high end CRT with SCART, composite, and RGB.

Taiso

Remembers The North
20 Year Member
MOTW 2
Last Blade COLLECTION on Switch. I love the aeathetics of LB and want both games available and translated.
A new SamSho game set during the Warrior's Rage era
Resident Evil: The Mercenaries with the RE 6 engine and featuring all the characters from the series

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
A Cabin in the Woods game. Play as any of the five, any monster scenario, try to survive.

Last edited:

Naika

Street Hoop Star
Gonna be really REALLY honest here, but it would be....

A CITY HUNTER Game.

If you can get the mechanics of Fist of the North Star: Lost paradise, lose a TON of the cringey pervy parts (you know, no groping and shit), make Ryo Saeba a bit more calm and measured, give him lots of costumes from all the anime seasons and create a decent story, then I think it'll be a winner.

Also, make the driving mechanics easier than Lost paradise, then it would work.

Make it 80s as well. Use the original anime soundtrack and make a plausible story that pushes back against all this subtle right wing bs that Japanese media is getting notorious for, and it will be fly.

51orsfeaEjL.jpg

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
IGS PGM/PGM2 collection for Switch. 4p beat em ups, couple of great fighters...Virtua Bowling, lol. I’d even pay for the library split over multiple volumes.

This collection, could pave the way for...

Sprite-based Oriental Legend 3!!

Burning Fight!!

NIS America fan & Rent Free tenant
10 Year Member
Remake or even a decent port of Metal Gear Solid 4

A remake where the actual game parts (aka Act 1 and 2) get extended to feature length instead of taking a backseat for the moviegame antics of Kojimbo would be great.