Genesis / Mega Drive Mini

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
Got a 1991 non-TMSS japanese MD1, do I win?

I can't believe how hard they are to find. Went to a retro store and the nice guy there tried 5 of them for me and all had the tmss. I won't buy a model 1 until I find a non tmss.

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
What's wrong with TMSS, as long as 8t still has "High Definition Graphics"? I think those are a pretty decent version. The really early ones have their own issues. Is it just wanting it to boot up like in the early days?

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
Some early japanese and US games (mostly EA) won't work with TMSS consoles.

Last edited:

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
What's wrong with TMSS, as long as 8t still has "High Definition Graphics"? I think those are a pretty decent version. The really early ones have their own issues. Is it just wanting it to boot up like in the early days?

Nothing is wrong with them, but autists gonna 'tism. None of the EA games Shroom is referring to are relevant.

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
Nothing is wrong with them, but autists gonna 'tism. None of the EA games Shroom is referring to are relevant.
Oh yeah, now I remember the thing with the unlicensed games. You can probably just load them with a flash cart anyway.

Your calling everyone who cares about hardware "autists" has been getting tiresome. Right up to the "gonna 'tism" remark. I have to say that kind of won me over.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
I don't even care about those early EA games, I just want a non TMSS system for the shits and giggles of it.

thermaltreasure

Ninja Combat Warrior
Happy to see Slap Fight on this thing but FPGA Mister has spoilt me this month. Wondering who is ganna drop the ROMs for Darius and Tetris seeing as M2 dropped the ball on the emulation

-SD-

Camel Slug

Kernel dumped and it would appear the CPU is running underclocked at 1GHz instead of the 1.3GHz it should be running at...

Gentlegamer

Sakura's Bank Manager
10 Year Member
I picked one up and there is slight input lag but nothing game breaking that I noticed.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
I picked one up and there is slight input lag but nothing game breaking that I noticed.

The NES and SNES classic weren't perfect either but people don't seem to talk about that for some reason. It's emulation it's the best you're going to get unless you get real hardware. I feel in time they'll figure it all out.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
This lag could be coming from a slow display, rather than emulation.

I agree, not only is the emulation imperfect but you have usb controllers combined with an LCD TV which can add a minimum 10-20ms of delay even in game mode. Again, not that Id notice it but its a slippery slope when you start adding everything up.

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
So if I buy one which one of you fine gentleman are going to hack it for me, hmm?

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
For me or for you?

ME

giphy.gif

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
Controllers are not great. I only have a six-button for my real Genny, but were the three-buttons this bad or is it just the Mini? They feel laggy in most of the games I tried and the C button doesn't press well on either of them.