Horrible MAMEcabs

Jeneki

Enemy Chaser
Maybe you play the game by flipping the controller on the floor, and the buttons detect how it rolls around.

ballzdeepx

Rugal's Secretary
20 Year Member
It's perfect except I would have ported in a fleshlight instead of the side joysticks. Nothin like playin mame while bricking in a piece of kit at the same time.

don't have room for a shitty mame cab?

need to play mame at your desktop yet you want to keep the shitty cab experience?

no problem!

o7uHofk.jpg

Jassin000

Frenzy Football Player
Wow! Now I really have seen it all...

Seems like they could have squeezed in a 3" trackball onto the backside of that beast as well, dual benefit of being able to roll it across the floor easily. :oh_no:

ballzdeepx

Rugal's Secretary
20 Year Member
Wow its the same girl from earlier, glad shes still jammin on that jamma. Ya know that stick a few posts up with the 500 buttons was probably designed for a new fork of MAME called MIME. multiple input machine emulator, for those that just want to input. It looks like a cash register from the early 1900s.

Jeneki

Enemy Chaser
Hmm, it sounds more like a 60-in-1 board than mame. But yeah, that design is definitely not for me.

Boredom

Morden's Lackey
"MOMA deserving design"

This is an actual design that the MOMA felt was deserving of exhibition. Do you think that is a compliment?

EtY0ELg.jpg

One player only with two buttons? That vertical screen is perfect for Batrider, too bad ya can't play it!

Last edited:

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Might as well add some crazy tilt to make the experience more surreal.

Boredom

Morden's Lackey
I can't think of any video pinball games that use an actual plunger, can you? How would you even rig one up for digital input?

I was gonna say "Game Over, indeed," but then I realized he has a flipped "NOT" between the words. Maybe a ten year old would find that clever.

cornerstone

King's Dry Cleaner
Yeah, why don't the "NOT" in the marquee and side art match? The side art is completely upside-down.

Last edited:

cornerstone

King's Dry Cleaner
Found this on the KLOV forum today....

IMG_4547.jpg

I can't actually say it's a mame cab for sure, but I just don't think the Tekken 1 CP art, the Tekken 3 marquee, and the giant shopping cart sized control panel is being used for just Puzzle Bobble. Someone mentioned it previously being a light gun game. It must have taken a forklift to move.

cornerstone

King's Dry Cleaner
This is bad, like really bad....If a showcase cab and a woody had a retarded baby, this is what it would look like.

I thought that was a sit down driving cab at first......

Things have actually taken a turn for the interesting. It seems as though this was a cabinet design that was actually produced or at least prototyped, along with a few others, from an independent company.

Take a look:
http://forums.arcade-museum.com/showpost.php?p=2619166&postcount=10

Jeneki

Enemy Chaser
Since I know everyone here are such big fans of xarcade,

IMG_2827.jpg

Enjoy proper Metal Slug, widescreen the way it was intended, with glowing lights to distract you.

And hey you can kick it all you want with those metal plates (just avoid the glass on the side). Or maybe to mix it with DDR?

Last edited:

Rob Black

4" Chinaman Slave,
Since I know everyone here are such big fans of xarcade,

View attachment 8817

Enjoy proper Metal Slug, widescreen the way it was intended, with glowing lights to distract you.

And hey you can kick it all you want with those metal plates (just avoid the glass on the side). Or maybe to mix it with DDR?

Not that bad actually.... Needs 50" Screen