I finished today...

Chempop

BESTEST Buttrider in chat.Officially No.10 at Schm
That black Aero is really sick! I'd say, "if you ever decide to sell it...", but I know you can't because it was a gift.
Reminds me of:

tumblr_m4xitehTs11qzut9po1_1280.jpg

Windy ain't bad either ;)

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
Classic pic, mang. And yeah-I'll be buried w/ this cab. Not only was it a gift; it has had some of my absolute best friends from the hobby play on it...and I'm a sentimental sort o' fella. ;^)

Windy-chan needs a trip to the day spa-I've scrubbed too hard getting some of the tobacco stains off, and it's not as simple as a re-spray-since I love the OEM 'sparkle' paint.

I have some repro CPOs en route from BT...but at some point, I'm gonna go full James (http://www.gamestone.co.uk/) and restore her properly-if I can match dat OG paint.

Last edited:

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
Bookmarked the GameStone link. Nice!

Right on. James is good people-he graciously shared the image, that BT finished...that led to the legendary Gradius IV Marquee repro. I hear you are headed West at some point? ^_^

CAX '14 or bust for me, heh.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
u6aba7am.jpg

'Oh, the SUN(psu) will come out...TOMORROW...'

/Annie mode.

If it don't-I'm prepared. Windy has my back, lol.
McGruber tier NetBooting, y'all. ^_^

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
Would all of the fit in the Aero? :eek:

I can't fit the WindyDos inside of the Aero, lol. Her power lead is good in a pinch, tho.

Aero is surprisingly spacious inside... It's still gonna be a wee bit of tertrising to get it all inside.

Getting a naomi rig inside of Windy is like stuffing a holiday turkey...a tight mess! ;^)

codecrank

Whip's Subordinate
10 Year Member
Finally got around to replacing the battery holder on my Kaneko SuperNova Motherboard. Every time I wanted to play puzzloop, I was having to set a dip switch , boot the game in service mode, set the game to use spinners, put the dip back to normal and power cycle.

cheap fix ;) http://www.ebay.com/itm/180907107772

10549289794_b6fb82f352_z.jpg

Last edited:

skate323k137

Professional College Dropout
10 Year Member
Minor victory, wrote a PHP script that can netboot my naomi cabs. pull up the local IP address of my laptop in any web browser, and It generates a dynamic list of games available as normal http links. You click on the game you want and it boots.

I did this mainly for 2 reasons, one being I can boot games from my phone without leaving my seat at the cab, and two, my GF is scared shitless of the command line. This way I can just put a bookmark for the page on her laptop and she can play games while I'm not home.

ECZangief

The Real Al Bundy
I think Skate is a fart smeller guys.

Edit:

Smart Feller*

Last edited:

codecrank

Whip's Subordinate
10 Year Member
updated my netdimm to 512MB of ram so I could use this bad boy ;)

10619617433_1468b62370_c.jpg

Last edited:

300wins

Conan The Librarian,
Got around to recapping an Astro power supply. The Sega 400-5198-01 power supply that comes with many Astros are super underpowered. They won't run some Cave games properly, or Taito G-Net. It is only 10 caps and 1 voltage regulator. Was like a 30 minute job at most.

Lemony Vengeance

Mitt Romney's Hairdresser,
I converted my Noir clone from 240v to 120v. At first I was worried, but when I realized that all it takes is moving 2 wires and replacing a fan, I was all in.

I replaced the PSU with a PC power supply and added JVS power connectors for Naomi play. Indecently, this PSU is only 185w and powers the Naomi like a champ!

Teddy KGB

Капитан Борода
10 Year Member
Good work Limon. I know you were apprehensive about doing this at first. Glad it all worked out.

opt2not

Fu'un-Ken Master
10 Year Member
Today I added an RJ-45 jack to my Qanba Q3 (for use with the PS360+). Now I gotta make a bunch of adapter cables for my old systems.

I had to re-create the port panel, 'cause I didn't want to destroy the original metal one. Using black acrylic, and some dremel work, it turned out like this:

4je8CAb.jpg

MKHHctp.jpg

If I had a torch, I could make those cut edges glossy, but oh well...

Fox1

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy,
20 Year Member
Completed a Saturn-->DB15 converter with the FGW converter. Works great! I'm in the process of making another.

dhs6.jpg

shadows

Mature's Make-up Artist
Replaced the JAMMA connector on SePh1r0tH's Blast City harness after it "blew" up. Looking all spiffy and shiny now. And did the same with my harness aswell, no more busted sides on the connector.

PB125565.jpg

codecrank

Whip's Subordinate
10 Year Member
Replaced the JAMMA connector on SePh1r0tH's Blast City harness after it "blew" up. Looking all spiffy and shiny now. And did the same with my harness aswell, no more busted sides on the connector.

View attachment 8480

Lovely job mate !

So what your trick for cutting all those pieces of shrink tube the exact same length ?