Interesting New AES-Style Consolized MV-1B on Aliexpress

Burning Fight!!

NIS America fan & Rent Free tenant
10 Year Member
Ahem, to the review... I'm not opening the shell unless I feel I need to, but from what I saw it has a decent looking MVS board in it at least. I had to move the CRT over this desk for testing since I'm too lazy to setup my RGB converter stuff, but composite is not too bad! In fact it does look a bit washed out but it's nothing you can't fix on the image settings on your screen. (and it's not like people using composite care about top notch image quality anyway :keke:). It's definitely not as good as my old NGCD.

IMG_0380.JPG

I can never do CRTs justice with a camera but that will have to do. I'll report on RGB/Component later if I can be bothered to do it... I'm going to be honest, I'm not a picky n00b as you can see lol.

I'm really itching for some World Heroes 1 right now.

Put your SNK and NeoGeo stickers on

the slightly off font they used for the neo-geo logo triggers me so no, lol

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Ahem, to the review... I'm not opening the shell unless I feel I need to, but from what I saw it has a decent looking MVS board in it at least. I had to move the CRT over this desk for testing since I'm too lazy to setup my RGB converter stuff, but composite is not too bad! In fact it does look a bit washed out but it's nothing you can't fix on the image settings on your screen. (and it's not like people using composite care about top notch image quality anyway :keke:). It's definitely not as good as my old NGCD.

IMG_0380.JPG

I can never do CRTs justice with a camera but that will have to do. I'll report on RGB/Component later if I can be bothered to do it... I'm going to be honest, I'm not a picky n00b as you can see lol.

I'm really itching for some World Heroes 1 right now.

the slightly off font they used for the neo-geo logo triggers me so no, lol
There’s a dude on EBay that sells really nice Neo logo decals. It’s a little larger than it needs to be for this but it looks pretty nice.

vash32

n00b
Just a little update, I got my new flex cables in and before I did anything, I just removed most of the connector to make more room.
It's not like I'm going to remove it from this shell. So try not to get too mad at me as it's working great now and I'm happy.

Thinking of getting some JAMMA PCBs to try on it as well. Ordered an IGS PGM for now.

Attachments

• 1600px-Mvs_slot1b.jpg
    1600px-Mvs_slot1b.jpg
    283.4 KB · Views: 11

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
Just a little update, I got my new flex cables in and before I did anything, I just removed most of the connector to make more room.
It's not like I'm going to remove it from this shell. So try not to get too mad at me as it's working great now and I'm happy.

Thinking of getting some JAMMA PCBs to try on it as well. Ordered an IGS PGM for now.
It works, you're happy, big WINNER IS YOU!

TheMagicianLord

Rugal's Thug
Mine finally arrived, and I'm quite happy with it. Having had an AES in the past, I like the look of this even more, and the video output quality is excellent. Might try to put a power LED under the reset button at some point.

Theruff

Cheng's Errand Boy
Idk why y’all buying from Aliexpress. Shit looks cheap af and will break if you just look at it wrong...

Burning Fight!!

NIS America fan & Rent Free tenant
10 Year Member
Idk why y’all buying from Aliexpress. Shit looks cheap af and will break if you just look at it wrong...
Nothing cheap looking about it and really not much different than some CMVS units other people sell.

BTW I'm still having a lot of fun with it and this certainly scratched my MVS itch. Only downside is not having a proper battery installed in the board for scores and settings but I'm too lazy to open it up and install a proper battery holder.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member

The plastic is pretty much the same as on a real AES console and the mod work is better than most of the homemade CMVS's out there not made by the top guys on this forum. You could do a lot worse.

SignOfGoob

Butthurt Enthusiast
20 Year Member
Nothing cheap looking about it and really not much different than some CMVS units other people sell.

BTW I'm still having a lot of fun with it and this certainly scratched my MVS itch. Only downside is not having a proper battery installed in the board for scores and settings but I'm too lazy to open it up and install a proper battery holder.

It doesn’t look cheap? I think I’ve figured out your issue, you have cheap-blindness. You can’t recognize cheap shit even when looking right at it. Even though you know what it cost and where it came from you still can’t tell. It’s a scourge of an illness, a lot of people with your condition have it so bad they end up both a Kia and a Hyundai in their driveway. Hopefully somebody invents some They Live type glasses to help people see though the man’s cheap ass bullshit.

I’ll stop making fun of you now that I know you have a disability.

Last edited:

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
Dudes literally retarded, BF.

Like, seriously - hes literally retarded.

edit: LITERALLY