KoF Producer Leaves SNKP and President Wants to Shut Down Video Game Division

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Hey STK, thanks for posting that Craig Russell cover, I had never seen that previously nor knew of him contributing any ROM illustrations, for that matter! His Elric, Night Music, and Oscar Wilde adaptations are a part of my permanent comic library.
Yeah, his Dreaming City adaptation in Epic Illustrated was actually my introduction to the character and Moorcock in general, and made me an instant fan both of Moorcock and of P. Craig Russel.

Tell that to Mario, Link and Ryu.
I'd rather tell it to Ken.

ed218

n00b
I think its funny how on a neo geo snk site ppl are saying let snk die. Ive been in the community a long time and it is just destoyed compared to years ago. I remember waiting for the next neo game to come out and playing the real arcade hardware whether it be my home carts or mvs carts, and all the buzz surrounding it. In this day most ppl who say they love the neo are playing roms, and dont appreciate the art. Years ago if you even mentioned roms you you bashed, not it common.I have loved all the kof , so some are better than other thats expected, I have kof 12 for my type x2 and play it all the time, it could have been better but I still prefer it over Sf4. Imagine what MVC3 would look like in 2d so much better than shaded. Games now are terrible, unless you want to play another devil may cry or god of war and call it castlevania. All companies rehash, zelda, mario , metal gear, cod 7,8,9. I reall could care less if snk stops the console market as long as it produces in arcades. I'll stick to the pc and arcade hardware.

Viewpoint

Art of Typing Wiz, , ,
20 Year Member
And then people like me wouldn't be complaining about the IPs fading into pachislot hell because the company could do more than cash in on their legacies. Me and my ilk wouldn't ask for a decently run company to purchase the IPs because they'd already have a safe home to reside in.

I'd seriously love a new crystalis but we all know that's a shitty pipe dream.

ed218

n00b
Sry, but i left this forum years ago. Old name was neonut and I was a member before both of you, not that it matters I just like to poin t it out when told to fuck off.

Sherlin

Natural Born Killer,
15 Year Member
That's Wasabi man. You'll learn to love him. Or at least love to hate him. If you've been here that long then you know the personality of this place. Don't take anything personal when someone busts yer balls. It's part of the charm here.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
Sry, but i left this forum years ago. Old name was neonut and I was a member before both of you, not that it matters I just like to poin t it out when told to fuck off.

Bullshit.

The last two visitors to neonut's page were you (ed218) & me.

10 will get you 20 that you searched for an inactive account that had an earlier join date than EW and imagamer2 trying to check them.

Oh, and if it *is* really you, neonut's last activity was in 2k6.

If my next door neighbor moved away for 5 years, then showed back up, I would hardly consider him 'part of the community'.

So yeah, fuck off.

Last edited:

Sherlin

Natural Born Killer,
15 Year Member
Bullshit.

10 will get you 20 that you searched for an inactive account that had an earlier join date than EW and imagamer2 trying to check them.

If my next door neighbor moved away for 5 years, then showed back up, I would hardly consider him 'part of the community'.

So yeah, fuck off.

BUSTED!:buttrock:

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
Robots aside I'd be fine with SNKP being succesful making new IPs and occasionally gracing us with the presence of an older one. Thing is their IPs don't cary the excitement or clout to create a lot of buzz on word alone. SFIV worked because we all know the world warriors and just having them was all you needed to get hype for the game. SNK goes out and says
"Last Blade 3 guys!" and most of the gaming community would go "Hey, haven't I seen that guy on a silk button down shirt before?"

valgalder

Kula's Candy
I'd seriously love a new crystalis but we all know that's a shitty pipe dream.

Hell yeah! How can a company release such an amazing game and then never follow up on it, ever? I wouldn't have even cared what platform it was on. I was hopeful when they re-released it on Gameboy color that we would see a true sequel, but it of course never happened. I guess i'd rather not have one at all though if it wasn't going to be done right.

I understand they went into the arcade direction 100% by 1990 and probably didn't have many resources to do other development, but it definitely would have helped their sustainability in the longterm to make console games separately than Neo Geo games. They tried it slightly with the Neo CD exclusives but by then it was too late.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
I remember waiting for the next neo game to come out
Yeah, we all remember that. And the last time a new one DID come out was in 2004. There aren't going to be any more, no matter what you remember or how you feel about it, so stfu.

YeldellGW

Bartender,
20 Year Member
Tell that to Mario, Link and Ryu.

Tell it to the Transformers, for that matter.

20+ years ain't forever.

If all these characters and franchises are still around when I have one foot in the grave, then more power to em!

If XIII is the last hurrah for KOF and SNKP fighters in general, then so be it.

Bogard, Sakazaki and the rest of the SNK fighter universe can keep the Vampire and Justice Gauken rosters company in production limbo.

Better to fight and die than live with the knowledge of your favorite characters being owned by another company that's doing nothing more than turning them into half-assed shadows of thier former selv...

Oh, wait! SNKP's been doing that for years.

Carry on!

To the End!

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
20+ years ain't forever.

If all these characters and franchises are still around when I have one foot in the grave, then more power to em!

If XIII is the last hurrah for KOF and SNKP fighters in general, then so be it.

Bogard, Sakazaki and the rest of the SNK fighter universe can keep the Vampire and Justice Gauken rosters company in production limbo.

Better to fight and die than live with the knowledge of your favorite characters being owned by another company that's doing nothing more than turning them into half-assed shadows of thier former selv...

Oh, wait! SNKP's been doing that for years.

Carry on!

To the End!

amazing to see discourse between Yeldell and Taiso. I used to confuse the two years ago.

SPINMASTER X

I AM NOT FRENCHMAN,, I AM A HUMAN BEING!,
20 Year Member
Bullshit.

So yeah, fuck off.

hahahaha Git 'em

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Video game characters much longer than those? How about Koei's RotK series - with characters popular for the last 2000 years? XD

RoTK is about characters that aren't made by Koei though. They are historical, like Jesus, George Washington, Nobunaga, and Duncan MacLeod. They can live forever.

Ilovejapangirls

Mature's Make-up Artist
Doesn't everyone respawn in cod? I would say we are on equal ground with him in multiplayer fps games.

Taiso

Remembers The North
20 Year Member
Jesus' first respawn is normal speed.

His second respawn takes until the end of time.

And you can't buy shit at the shops when he's around because he closes them all.

AND he curses fig trees when they bear no fruit.

So he sucks in video games, unless you need bread or someone to run across liquid surfaces