Taiso

Remembers The North
20 Year Member
Oh yeah, right.

Too many hit sparks.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
I'm a conflicted mess, re: this game. While many of the charas I would like are absent, & it isn't hand-drawn sprites...I'll still prolly day one this.

I want to play many of you, and I want to use Haggar again.

If Warlock ends up being DLC <self will be happiest>.

I'd also like a 'Super 70s' DLC pack: Power Man& Iron Fist, ROM, Nova, Micronauts, a Sent sized Shogun Warrior or two. SHANG-MOTHERFUCKING-CHI. master of Kung Fu, & this damn game son.

This is not an MvC3 thread, for fuck's sake. If we are going to derail onto tangents, let's at least go down tangents I can bear to discuss. :( Everyone has heard and is sick of my thoughts on MvC3... no need to bring the game into an SNKP thread.

KagerouSama

Dr. Brown's Time Machine Mechanic
15 Year Member
Remember that time Norman Osbourne was defeated by Power Pack and Howard the Duck?

There are so many more character choice possibilities that could have made MODOK seem passé.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
MVC3 talk

crying_baby.jpg

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
I'd wish someone would make a really good GI Joe game.

And I wish Atari had kept the Transformers license and let Melbourne House develop a sequel to their game.

Failing that, I think Melbourne House (or Krome Studios Melbourne, as they are now known) could make a really whoop ass Micronauts game.

Rom... I'm not so sure I need a Rom video game. I could probably be convinced, though. I just think Dire Wraiths would get a little monotonous after about an hour.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
The War for Cybertron is a very good game. It's criminally underrated.
I admit I haven't played it yet. After trying the last few shitty Activision TF games, I didn't really have high hopes. Plus, in interviews, they made it sound like they focused on multiplayer (which I'm not interested in with a TF game) more than the single player experience. I don't know if that ended up being the case, but that was the impression they gave. But hey, maybe if I see it super cheap sometime.

Reality Check

World Hero
I admit I haven't played it yet. After trying the last few shitty Activision TF games, I didn't really have high hopes. Plus, in interviews, they made it sound like they focused on multiplayer (which I'm not interested in with a TF game) more than the single player experience. I don't know if that ended up being the case, but that was the impression they gave. But hey, maybe if I see it super cheap sometime.

For a multiplayer focus game the single player campaign didn't suffer one bit. The Autobot and Deceptcon campaigns are roughly 6 hours long each. Story is standard Transformers fare made a tiny bit better thanks to the exclusion of humans. Banter between character is easily my favorite part of the campaign. The shit that Megatron and Breakdown say to each other throughout the campaign is comedy gold.

While not in the same continuity expect a load of references and influence from G1 Transformers. The game almost acts as a love letter to that era.

KRONOS

Hardened Shock Trooper
...If all these characters and franchises are still around when I have one foot in the grave, then more power to em!

Neo-Geo.com: a bunch of rock n' rollers with one foot in the grave.

Taiso

Remembers The North
20 Year Member
So, after much thought on the subject, I'd have no problem with Arc Systems acquiring the SNK IPs if SNK-P went belly up.

They have a pretty good dev team and seem to QC their shit well enough, and after thinking about it, I like all these games, which they've made:

Guilty Gear
BlazBlue
Hard Corps: Uprising

Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't complain if Capcom somehow got them. But now I'm amending my initial statement by saying that Arc Systems would be a perfectly fine steward. In fact, I think I would put Arc before Capcom on my list of people to acquire the SNK IPs if it were to come to that.

Fett

Camel Slug
I highly doubt SNKP will even consider letting go of all their IPs. They'll continue to make terrible cell phone and pachinko games with the characters and we'll never see another good slug, KoF, or SS game again.

That's a damn shame about KoF XIII, was really looking forward to playing that, even if it's as bare bones as XII was.

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
I emailed SNKP Japan about 2 weeks ago, asking if they plan to release the game at all. They have finally replied:

Dear Mohammed

Thank you for your email.

The console ver. release of KOF XIII is currently TBD

For the latest news regarding SNK PLAYMORE
please check our official website:

http://game.snkplaymore.co.jp/

http://www.snkplaymoreusa.com/

Best Regards,

SNK PLAYMORE Customer Support

Rade K

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
How fucking hard is it to license GGPO, fuckulate it into the game and release it on PSN/XBLA for $20?

We probably won't see XIII at home until 2012.

Baseley09

Hair Group,
SNK was Neo Geo, heck. It was even over before that died, I'm not happy to see the franchises disappear from consoles etc, but fuck it's been grizzly for years, put the lame beast to sleep.

Rade K

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Guess I'll just buy the board in three years when it's affordable.

Seems to be the only way...

Hide

Banned
all this dissing between factions of members is so overwhelming to me.

why can't you all get along?

as a matter of fact i partly agree that the community over here is a little bit extremist.

why is Joe and Peter and John always looking for a clue in each others postings, finding a fault, and then creating a mountain out of a molehill?

if you're so die hard about the MVS/AES (and i am!), you will be happy it lasted over 10 years couple with official support. it would've been much sooner than 2004 if you take into contrast other acclaimed consoles like the NES, SNES, or GEN, PS2.

what i'm trying to say is that we all congregated here for the same reasons. no?

why the hate and senseless debates which will probaby yield no winner. SNK has always been controversial and niche.

everytime i come in for a look-see, i see older members getting at each other like a constant verbal war. i can go to news and rumours and witness an older member coming in randomly to diss a kid/new member. (they deserved it sometimes, i agree)

some of you really need to loosen up.

Dizzy11523

Camel Slug
15 Year Member
This is a bummer indeed. I wish SNK would drop something new and amazing.