KoF Producer Leaves SNKP and President Wants to Shut Down Video Game Division

gray117

Crazed MVS Addict
15 Year Member
The guy is just the producer, but he's a good indication of what the money is thinking. I would be more interested if anyone knew where the dev staff are, and what they're doing?

Although snkp probably lack the initiative to really take their franchises forward independently I'd have to imagine new games will follow as long as snkp doesn't want stupid amounts for the licenses - but sadly it is probably due to them overvaluing kof that's prevented the ports of 13 from being announced...

Shito

King of Typists,
20 Year Member
In Japan, a 'game producer' is the head of the dev staff.

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
It's been about 9 months since the arcade release. The only case in which this wait would be justified is if they came up with a solid home release that's is on the same scale of the original SF4's home port.

I would be disappointed if we ended up with a bare bone release at this point.

tsukaesugi

Holy shit, it's a ninja!,
It's been about 9 months since the arcade release...

Isn't around 6-9 months how long it took to get a homecart release? I seem to recall buying my (new) KOF02 cart around December of 2002.

...The only case in which this wait would be justified is if they came up with a solid home release that's is on the same scale of the original SF4's home port.

Ha ha ha, SNKP come up with a solid, well-designed, product on par with the bigger game companies like Capcom? Unbelievable. I'd love to be wrong... but this is SNKP we're talking about.

Nice to see you posting again, by the way.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
Ha ha ha, SNKP come up with a solid, well-designed, product on par with the bigger game companies like Capcom? Unbelievable. I'd love to be wrong... but this is SNKP we're talking about.

i think XI, & SSVS are the only 'major leaguer' feeling release out of SNKP. all the more frustrating that they proved they could do it once or twice...just to fall short so many many times later.

we should play some xbl jawns and catch up.

RBjakeSpecial

Land of the Rising Bling:,
20 Year Member
Holy crap. Looks like SNK's arcade game collection is being released on PSP. http://game.snkplaymore.co.jp/official/ac0/

I thought it was cancelled. Let's hope they are putting together games long enough so we can get KoF12. I've played it in the arcade and it's awesome.

Edit: Just checked out the site - it's got Street Smart on it! I have many fond memories of it in the arcade. My favorite is one dude leaning over and saying to me, "If you think this game is rad, you should check out this other game called Street Fighter."

Last edited:

Big Bruno

20 Year Member
always wanted to play Athena, Think I still have the street smart arcade board laying around.

on KOF XIII Guess I will have to get the Tatio set....just hope I can find the fixed version.

RBjakeSpecial

Land of the Rising Bling:,
20 Year Member

I really hope they do. It's a big improvement over XII.

I've been waiting for PSN Network to go back online so I can buy SNK Arcade Classics 0. Finally they're putting out some games I want.

Does anyone know whether they plan on putting out more games on the PSN Network Neo Geo Channel - it seems odd that they only did one release. I really thought more were coming.

cyriades

Super Spy Agent
Yeah, hopefully the game does come out by end of year. I could definitely host tournaments for the game at local anime conventions.

Lum

Kuroko's Training Dummy
If they insist on the packinko route, then go full hog. Bring it to iPod or whatever! Surely the casual crowd who's made modern Apple and Facebook millions would love it.