KoF XIII Port this Winter

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
Wow, no shit. Look at all the 13 year olds getting mad about a game winning, and having no clue what the game is even about.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
I love that KOF won. They should've also won the Spike awards, too. This wins best fighter of the year, easily - and I argue that it's the best fighting game of all time. It's definitely my favorite. Watching that Socal tournament stream yesterday was nothing short of amazing. It's also pretty balanced - I've seen so many characters being used at top level play. I mean, the guy who won yesterday was fucking DECIMATING people with Clark and made it look disturbingly easy, and he was (I think) the only person who even used him.

complexz

Rosa's Tag-Tea,
I respect MK for finally trying to be a real fighting game and all, but seriously, MK on the mainstream died the minute justin wong won that huge midway tourney for a ridiculous amount of money, once that money was off the table nobody cared anymore, no flavor of the month game deserves game of the year! I guess one could make the argument that KOF can't be anything but the flavor of the month at this point though, but I imagine it will be my flavor for next month too :)

I have convinced some friends who have not been wronged by XII to pick up XIII so worst case scenario if the online continues to suck I will continue to play this game at least on a casual level once every week two at gatherings and such :) woo

Lee Gray

SSVS Special Plz..., Buying & Selling that, Never
I love that KOF won. They should've also won the Spike awards, too. This wins best fighter of the year, easily - and I argue that it's the best fighting game of all time. It's definitely my favorite. Watching that Socal tournament stream yesterday was nothing short of amazing. It's also pretty balanced - I've seen so many characters being used at top level play. I mean, the guy who won yesterday was fucking DECIMATING people with Clark and made it look disturbingly easy, and he was (I think) the only person who even used him.
I played some guy the other day who was using Clark and was expecting an easy win as I usually beat the big guys easy, but he beat me pretty easy instead. My error was to stand too close though and he kept grabbing me, now I know to distance myself.

Last edited:

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
The thing that blew my mind was that Clark seemed to have auto guard one one of his command grabs (I don't play Clark, so I'm unfamiliar with this). That seems to be too good.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Wow, no shit. Look at all the 13 year olds getting mad about a game winning, and having no clue what the game is even about.

Yeah, I refuse to even click the link on the basis that life is too fucking short for what I know is going to be there.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
The thing that blew my mind was that Clark seemed to have auto guard one one of his command grabs (I don't play Clark, so I'm unfamiliar with this). That seems to be too good.
I played some guy the other day who was using Clark and was expecting an easy win as I usually beat the big guys easy, but he beat me pretty easy instead. My error was to stand too close though and he kept grabbing me, now I know to distance myself.

HCF LK can take one hit & the grab still connects. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSCqkAd8A04&feature=youtube_gdata_player shows bosses getting owned for free.

Last edited:

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
I think it can take more than one hit. I remember being hit by a two hit move and clark still grabbed them.

Even nicer! I would like for his move set to be larger; however, w/ something like this in the toolkit it helps make up the deficit.

Last edited:

GunstarHeroblack

Krauser's Shoe Shiner

yeah i guess the tween and teen haters are going to hate being as most never even knew that KOF actually existed....well done Gamespot...Finally, KOFXIII gets the Credit due where its deserved.

Last edited:

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
Ralf is a monstrous combo powerhouse in this game too. He's probably ending up in my main team for the first time in KOF.

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
Atlus released new info on the patch + NEST Kyo is delayed for PS3:

- No mentioning of improving the performance itself
- Still no date was provided
- The connection speed signal bar and the filtering will be more accurate
- Backing off from a ranked match will be possible
- Some glitches will be fixed (probably referring to the custom colors reset glitch)
- NESTS Kyo got delayed on PS3 due to a "technical error". He will now be available on January 10th, but as a "compensation", he will be priced at $3 for a limited time.
- NESTS Kyo's delay and discounted price only applies on the PS3 version. The XBox360 is un-affected.

http://cyberfanatix.com/2011/12/19/atlus-released-online-patch-notes-and-nests-kyo-delayed-on-ps3/

Lee Gray

Atlus released new info on the patch + NEST Kyo is delayed for PS3:

- No mentioning of improving the performance itself
- Still no date was provided
- The connection speed signal bar and the filtering will be more accurate
- Backing off from a ranked match will be possible
- Some glitches will be fixed (probably referring to the custom colors reset glitch)
- NESTS Kyo got delayed on PS3 due to a "technical error". He will now be available on January 10th, but as a "compensation", he will be priced at $3 for a limited time.
- NESTS Kyo's delay and discounted price only applies on the PS3 version. The XBox360 is un-affected.

http://cyberfanatix.com/2011/12/19/atlus-released-online-patch-notes-and-nests-kyo-delayed-on-ps3/

I wonder if the UK version will come out a few weeks later and at full price.

Taiso

Remembers The North
20 Year Member
Great job by Gamespot actually giving the reward to the right game in this category.

Of all the fighters I've played this year, it's unquestionably the best one, from top to bottom.

Taiso

Remembers The North
20 Year Member
Unfortunately, sales is the one low number I can understand for this title.

SNK-P didn't do the IPs any favors with XII. XIII has a serioius uphill battle facing it if it wants commercial respectability.

Which, in all likelihood, it will never see. There is no brand loyalty with the current market.

By comparision, Capcom and Namco have done a lot to keep their IPs relevant and in the gaming consciousness.

And let's not even get into all the licensed products, like Naruto, UFC and WWE. Those have built in audiences, regardless of whether or not they're any good.

Even Mortal Kombat occupies a sort of 'storied' relevance to gamers. If for no other reason, the movies resonate and both have some pretty good fighting action in them (even though the second one's a bad movie in general.) I think the strength of the movie medium is a good indication of why.

But SNK? They're 'that other company' by today's standards. They never did anything to make the IPs matter after 2000. So of course, no one cares right now.

So it's up to us to keep talking it up:)

SPINMASTER X

I AM NOT FRENCHMAN,, I AM A HUMAN BEING!,
20 Year Member
Unfortunately, sales is the one low number I can understand for this title.

SNK-P didn't do the IPs any favors with XII. XIII has a serioius uphill battle facing it if it wants commercial respectability.

Which, in all likelihood, it will never see. There is no brand loyalty with the current market.

By comparision, Capcom and Namco have done a lot to keep their IPs relevant and in the gaming consciousness.

And let's not even get into all the licensed products, like Naruto, UFC and WWE. Those have built in audiences, regardless of whether or not they're any good.

Even Mortal Kombat occupies a sort of 'storied' relevance to gamers. If for no other reason, the movies resonate and both have some pretty good fighting action in them (even though the second one's a bad movie in general.) I think the strength of the movie medium is a good indication of why.

But SNK? They're 'that other company' by today's standards. They never did anything to make the IPs matter after 2000. So of course, no one cares right now.

So it's up to us to keep talking it up:)

SNK needs to stop dicking around and do a full blown KOF anime movie/series extravaganza. That shit is LOOOONG over due for KOF. Those little anime shorts that they had for Maximum Impact just weren't enough. They did the wrong thing to try to get the weeabos attention. Instead of making all of those stupid metro/andro characters they shoulda just talked with some anime production company and made an anime series that chronicled Kyo and Iori's struggles with each other throughout the sagas. That would have kept SNK in the public eye and pushed sales of KOF. Shit had SNK-P done that we might have had KOF XIII-esque game 3 years ago.

Lee Gray

I love the SNK animes, watched art of fighting the other day plus the fatal fury ones are cool....not seen any of the shodown ones though....Give capcom credit when they release a new street fighter... they bring out a anime for it too.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
Just downloaded flame Iori and NESTs Kyo - I'm loving NESTs Kyo. Feels good to pull off those rekkas.

Taiso

Remembers The North
20 Year Member
Or the exact opposite might have happened.

An anime series focusing on Kyo and Iori might have attracted a very casual anime/manga crowd and they might have dumbed it down a la SF IV to appeal to them.

That's sort of what I felt they were trying to do with MI, to be honest.

And I don't blame them for marketing MI. Let's face it. They wanted MI to be the series that moved them into the next generation.

It's all on the vision. The producer. He didn't produce KOF MI as though it were a videogame. He produced it as though it were a 3D sketchbook.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
I'd be all for a Sunrise rev that takes the intro from KOF Dream-match '99 (DreamCast) and making an OVA out of it.

Lee Gray

Does anyone know what campeur XD means...as I was sent the message after a game so expect its an insult ?

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
Just downloaded flame Iori and NESTs Kyo - I'm loving NESTs Kyo. Feels good to pull off those rekkas.

It's worth it for the backgrounds alone. Notice the hanging 3D car in Iori's stage. Not to mention the detailed ground and scrapyard. Esaka at night is simply gorgeous.

Does anyone know what campeur XD means...as I was sent the message after a game so expect its an insult ?

I would guess he meant camper.