Kraut Buster New NGDEV - 2015

maikisan

n00b
Who else is still waiting for Fast Striker 2nd print? On April 2024 will be 6 years since I have ordered it... Cannot believe it....

AirZonk

n00b
Who else is still waiting for Fast Striker 2nd print? On April 2024 will be 6 years since I have ordered it... Cannot believe it....
I am. It took six years for me to get Kraut Buster, so I wouldn't expect anything less on Fast Striker.

acem77

Over Top Auto Mechanic
20 Year Member
Busted or glitched out copies of the cart..

I am sure I'm the only one with this shitty luck,
Both my Japanese and USA AES copies do this to me after the second resets.
On first play of my US copy the paratroopers were all blocky as was some background airplane crash on the first stage.
I powered off the system reseated the cart and got this... Multiple attempts no luck..
Started testing other carts I have with no issues including gunlord and a 161 in one cart.

Then I try my Japanese copy starts up fine first time I hit reset to go back into the setting screen by holding start and then everything was glitched exactly the same as my USA copy.

Retested my other carts they all work no issues.
I'm on unibios 4.0

I have a MVS version also that has not had this problem yet It's been a few years.

20240118_235333.jpg

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
Busted or glitched out copies of the cart..

I am sure I'm the only one with this shitty luck,
Both my Japanese and USA AES copies do this to me after the second resets.
On first play of my US copy the paratroopers were all blocky as was some background airplane crash on the first stage.
I powered off the system reseated the cart and got this... Multiple attempts no luck..
Started testing other carts I have with no issues including gunlord and a 161 in one cart.

Then I try my Japanese copy starts up fine first time I hit reset to go back into the setting screen by holding start and then everything was glitched exactly the same as my USA copy.

Retested my other carts they all work no issues.
I'm on unibios 4.0

I have a MVS version also that has not had this problem yet It's been a few years.

View attachment 71171

Oh you want to play it? Just flip the bastard. Profit and move on with your life.

acem77

Over Top Auto Mechanic
20 Year Member
Oh you want to play it? Just flip the bastard. Profit and move on with your life.
Lol yes to play it and collect. I know 99% of sales now a days is to buy and keep untouched and flip it..

acem77

Over Top Auto Mechanic
20 Year Member
So you're a hoarder and a flipper of rare indie titles.
Starting to go way off topic. Just looking for feed back from anyone that actually owns this title or has experience such problems with their neo Geo AES. Right now I'm told to focus on the power supply is the issue. My OG power supply is outputting 5+ some volts before there's a load on it. I have one regulated power supply rated for 5 volts at 3.7 amps unfortunately the polarity is swapped so either I cut it and flip it or come up with some other janky solution or order another one online just to test if that's really the problem.

heihachi

Krauser's Henchman
I have some carts that are really finicky and need to be lifted slightly when seated in order to make better contact with the pins. When they're not seated just right, they display somewhat similar to your image. Have you tried that when you were re-seating it?

acem77

Over Top Auto Mechanic
20 Year Member
I have some carts that are really finicky and need to be lifted slightly when seated in order to make better contact with the pins. When they're not seated just right, they display somewhat similar to your image. Have you tried that when you were re-seating it?
Yeah definitely been trying all the seat and jiggle tactics. No luck. After playing around with a different power supply I was able to get a more stable image but with issues still. I will try and order this https://www.digikey.com/en/products/detail/triad-magnetics/WSU050-4000-R/3094946

acem77

Over Top Auto Mechanic
20 Year Member
Yeah definitely been trying all the seat and jiggle tactics. No luck. After playing around with a different power supply I was able to get a more stable image but with issues still. I will try and order this https://www.digikey.com/en/products/detail/triad-magnetics/WSU050-4000-R/3094946
I'm surprised I'm the only one to have this issue right now? Am I the only person that is playing this on their usa AES(5v PSU)? I don't have anything crazy installed just a unibios 4.0 with a flippable switch to go to the original BIOS and I have the same issue with that.

heihachi

Krauser's Henchman
I have a copy but haven't had time to play it yet. I'll try it this weekend on AES with unibios 3.3 and stock psu.