Laserdisc trading thread

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
163   0   0
i have no LD to trade (collection is a bare minimum 8 movies total, lol), but i am looking for a copy of "Rock & Rule". Im willing to buy or trade other stuffs for it.

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
39   0   0
Some dude was selling a bunch of LD in my area...He had 78 LDs for only $35...Bunch of them were animes...Sadly i was too late.

xelement5x

Galford's Armourer
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Cool idea! I have a ton of LDs I would like to get rid of if possible. Will try and make a list for this.

irvsmoot

Cheng's Errand Boy
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Oh, I hadn't noticed this thread before! I'll have to look to see what I have.
I know I have at least these ones kicking around:

Mandroid

Firehead

Mademoiselle-Fifi

If any more anime comes up for trade I'd be interested.

Last edited:

scrubsy

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
Went through my collection and found a few
Clueless, Roger Rabbit & Bulletproof

Looking for anything really. Shoot me your have list.

itsofrustratin

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Ive been considering getting into LD, but i dont know anything about the LD players. Anybody have any good players to recommend?

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
26   0   0
1. stick with Pioneer
2. avoid DVD/LD combination players
3. try to get one from the mid 90s

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
47   0   0
Amendment to #2: the DVL-700 is an awesome LD player, it's the one combo player that's good. It's an awful DVD player though, but sometimes you can get a deal thanks to the combo players' bad rep.

lolifoxgirl

Rot., Rot., Rot.
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
CLD-504 forever! I have some anime series dupes, let me know if you are collecting el hazard.

K1ngArth3r

Fio's Quartermaster
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Does anyone have the 8man After Volumes on laser disc? Really would love those!

Fakk2

Crossed Swords 2 Bootleg Artist.,
Rating - 100%
55   0   0
Amendment to #2: the DVL-700 is an awesome LD player, it's the one combo player that's good. It's an awful DVD player though, but sometimes you can get a deal thanks to the combo players' bad rep.

Actually the one and only combi player I would recommend is the very last player made in 1998/99. The DVL-H9 is a kick ass player with all the same options on it as the CLD-R7G, and the players video output is seriously on par with the R7G and S9 player in every respect, plus like the R7G, it is a frame by frame pause function and field still step function, which no other players I have seen, have. Of course, as everyone has stated, the DVD playback is so-so, but then again, DVD quality is sub par to begin with. If your going digital, stick with BluRay disc, and if going analogue go with top end LaserDisc, or rare D-VHS players, but finding content for the D-VHS format is insane and limited.

Oh, and I have a TON of like new or still new shrinkwrapped LD classic flicks that I was collecting, just for collectability sakes that I might part with. I also have 2 LaserDisc players that are looked at as "used to be near top end players" in America, but, they need a slap on the side to get them playing discs, which means the laser pick-up assembly needs realignment. Otherwise they work perfectly and need a new home. Both players come with the best Remote made in America also, made for the CLD-D704 units.

I am looking for Anime LaserDiscs of course, and I am willing to trade or sell them, if anyone is interested PM me.

The players in question that I am willing to part with is the CLD-D503, and the CLD-79. I threw away the CLD-D704 units due to needing repair, which is how I wound up with 2 spare remotes for them. Then I tossed out the remotes for these 2 players, and just used the CLD-D704s remotes for these.

Both of these players are double side players, and the CLD-79 Elite player has AC-3 Playback capability, but needs the CD drive door as it fell off on day when someone kicked a soccer ball in my garage where the player was at, and it smacked the damn tray causing the door to pop off. I tossed that away as back then I was not into getting things repaired.

I am now just using the R7G and DVL-H9 to play my LDs. The other 2 LD players just sit and collect dust, so if someone wants them, they can go to a decent home for a decent price. They do still play discs perfectly, and the picture is decent enough on them for most people that are not OCD about shit like me.

Last edited:

Tarma

Old Man
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
43   0   0
Great thread, love laserdisc :D

I might have a mixture of PAL & NTSC discs to part with, need to go through my collection and will post up later.

MattBlah

Baseball Star Hitter
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
Great thread, love laserdisc :D

I might have a mixture of PAL & NTSC discs to part with, need to go through my collection and will post up later.

Someone from England with laserdiscs to sell?!!! :) Let me know what you've got, Tarma, I might be interested.

Yagyu Jubei

Dodgeball Yakuza
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
I miss my Pioneer DVL-909. That was a great unit. DVD playback was great with no issues. There is still a ton of films released on LD that still has never been rereleased on any newer format.

I know The Phantom Menace sucks but if you can test drive the Duel of the Fates fight scene on LD, it is so choice.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
hey all. i was pruning down my laserdiscs so they all fit on a single shelf. these are the ones that have to go. None of them show laser rot.
The old Disney ones do not work on all my players. Not sure why, but the DiscoVision stuff is old, consider it AS-IS.

I'll take any reasonable trade
or
Free if you pay media mail shipping

FullSizeRender (8).jpg

Last edited:

Fakk2

Crossed Swords 2 Bootleg Artist.,
Rating - 100%
55   0   0
I miss my Pioneer DVL-909. That was a great unit. DVD playback was great with no issues. There is still a ton of films released on LD that still has never been rereleased on any newer format.

I know The Phantom Menace sucks but if you can test drive the Duel of the Fates fight scene on LD, it is so choice.

True that there are many LD's not re-released on any other newer format, and even some that are supposedly re-released, most of the old horror flicks seem to have been either taken direct from LD's capturing from LD player straight to DVD without any enhancement, or "remastered" from the LD's in some way, winding up looking worse depending on the LD player they used to take the old footage as seen on Aliens Directors Cut special features. Certain older Fulci flicks seem to follow this trend as well.

hey all. i was pruning down my laserdiscs so they all fit on a single shelf. these are the ones that have to go. None of them show laser rot.
The old Disney ones do not work on all my players. Not sure why, but the DiscoVision stuff is old, consider it AS-IS.

I'll take any reasonable trade
or
Free if you pay media mail shipping

View attachment 40674

Your attachment doesnt work.

True that, I would love to see what LDs you have since I still use the DVL-H9 and R7G all the time still! :) Please fix the picture attachment, Neo.

Last edited:

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
let me know if that worked.
my token expired while i was submitting the previous post.