Looks Like Blade Runner 2 Happening With Ridley And Harrison!!!

Taiso

Remembers The North
20 Year Member
Oh but Harrison Ford is in it, what was the last good movie he was in?

No doubt.

One could even ask 'when was the last time he was any good in a movie?'

When I was a teenager, I wanted to be Han Solo and Indiana Jones because of the natural charisma he had at the time in these roles.

Han Solo in Empire is one of the flat out coolest motherfuckers in the history of film. Ever.

Now I'm pretty sure that I could do a better job playing those characters than he could. The dude's just another bitter old bastard. Did anybody actually SEE Cowboys and Aliens? God was he shite in that film. That whole movie was shite, and he was one of the reasons.

This was why I didn't want to see Han in Episode VII. I'm so put off by Ford's acting these days. Wish they'd just kill him off screen.

Last edited:

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
Personally, I hated the "he was a replicant" version of the first film because it pretty much destroys the meaning. I thought it was just Ridley Scott being a self-congratulatory dickface, going back and showing us what a clever fucking film maker he is by douching up the message of the original book/movie.

Deckard being a human who had previously been a blade runner, who then learns to love a replicant, is a much more meaningful arc than finding out he WAS a replicant all along. The film already shows that replicants can love other replicants. It's not growth, it's stagnation. The humans as a group and the replicants as a group don't progress from where they were in the beginning.

Taiso

Remembers The North
20 Year Member
The 'Deckard as Replicant' storyline is more intriguing and interesting.

that said, there's nothing wrong with the simpler 'he's a human' storyline.

Magician

A simple man who simply loves gaming.
20 Year Member
After the "meh" experience that was Prometheus my expectations for a Bladerunner 2 are between low and non-existent.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
So, DO androids dream of electric sheep? A nigga gotta know.

Taiso

Remembers The North
20 Year Member
So, DO androids dream of electric sheep? A nigga gotta know.

Are these the words of someone you would describe as being 'alive?'

I've... seen things you people wouldn't believe... Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those... moments... will be lost in time, like tears... in... rain. Time... to die...

If you believe they are, then yes...androids do dream of electric sheep.

If you believe it's just data in a computer brain, then no, they don't.

It's your call.

And that's why I prefer the 'Deckard as replicant' storyline over the 'Deckard as human' storyline.

The question of Deckard's humanity isn't about flesh and blood. It's about the soul, the spirit. The things that separate humans from animals and machines.

If a machine can 'live', then what is life? How do we define it? Do we need to expand that view?

Ghost in the Shell poses a lot of the same questions.

It's a fascinating philosophical question to me.

ChopstickSamurai

I have earned the, right to PM Rot.,
I absolutely love Blade Runner, but I'm not at all excited about a possible sequel. I blame the Star Wars prequels for this trend. If it's good then great, but these days you really need to keep your expectations low to avoid soul crushing disappointment IMHO.

Real Bout Maniac

Corporal Dick,
Granted, this subject matter would have to be handled in a certain way to not seem like pandering or proselytizing. That's why they need a writer that will give Scott something he can't fuck up.

According to this article here, the script writers are one of the previous writers of the original film and one of the writers of Green Lantern.

So, take that for what you will.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Blade Runner was a very memorable film, but it certainly wasn't due to the writing.

Taiso

Remembers The North
20 Year Member
Blade Runner was a very memorable film, but it certainly wasn't due to the writing.

Yeah, one hundred percent agree. It's up there with some of the most memorable films, visually. It shaped, or helped shape, a genre.

Ironically enough, the visuals are the least interesting thing to me as a person, however. It's why I like the 'Deckard is a replicant' version of the story. Very provocative, but unfortunately it didn't connect with general audiences because it didn't talk down to them except in a few instances. You're mostly just shown the events and left to decide what's what. I feel like films like this should have you thinking long after the end credits have rolled.

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
I like the end of the final cut version. It kind of leaves whether Deckard is a Replicant or Human question up in the air and whether or not Rachel has a kill date. And do they purse them when they run? These would be cool questions to have answered.

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
I like the end of the final cut version. It kind of leaves whether Deckard is a Replicant or Human question up in the air and whether or not Rachel has a kill date. And do they purse them when they run? These would be cool questions to have answered.

These would be cool questions to leave un-answered. Which is why a sequel should never be made.

Fuck Ridley for doing these cash grabs as of late.

Tung Fu ru

Actual Musician,
20 Year Member
Did anybody actually SEE Cowboys and Aliens? God was he shite in that film. That whole movie was shite, and he was one of the reasons.

Yeah that movie sucked balls. I saw it, assuming it would be pretty dumb. I still didn't prepare myself for how bad it really was. It was like a REALLY bad 90's B-movie, that just so happened to have Harrison Ford in it....and no boobs. Definitely wouldn't have ever been made if he didn't sign on. You could really tell he didn't give a shit, with how poor his performance was.

Last edited:

Taiso

Remembers The North
20 Year Member
These would be cool questions to leave un-answered. Which is why a sequel should never be made.

Total agreement. Part of the reason Blade Runner still resonates all these years later is because we are still asking questions. Because the ambiguity gives the film more weight.

I wouldn't mind Ridley doing a cash grab if it was a GOOD MOVIE. But Prometheus was visually stunning and narratively garbage, which is why it's completely forgettable except for how bad it was. Blade Runner had both and that's why it's a cult favorite.

Leave it alone, Ridley. You've got nothing else to prove with Blade Runner.

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
I'm here to say I liked Prometheus a lot, and to fuck yourself if you disagree.

I will say that I have no idea how this movie, however, could possibly be good THIS many years after the original.

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
It will suck guys. Keep it in your pants.

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran

Total agreement. Part of the reason Blade Runner still resonates all these years later is because we are still asking questions. Because the ambiguity gives the film more weight.

I wouldn't mind Ridley doing a cash grab if it was a GOOD MOVIE. But Prometheus was visually stunning and narratively garbage, which is why it's completely forgettable except for how bad it was. Blade Runner had both and that's why it's a cult favorite.

Leave it alone, Ridley. You've got nothing else to prove with Blade Runner.

I guess you guys are right. I got over excited. I should probably lower my expectations. In actuality I guess there is no way to top the original.

Taiso

Remembers The North
20 Year Member
I'm here to say I liked Prometheus a lot, and to fuck yourself if you disagree.

I don't disagree with you when you say you liked Prometheus. I think I'm in agreement with you when you say you liked it.

But it's shit.

You are welcome to go fuck yourself if you disagree, but I'm not telling you to do anything so harsh. The choice is yours:)

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
High five, Taiso!

Also, if I had a time machine I'd go back to the 80's and stick it to Sean Young. Big time.

rachaelbladerunner.jpg

chani-dune-sean-young.jpg

joe8

margarine sandwich
15 Year Member
The 'Deckard as Replicant' storyline is more intriguing and interesting.

that said, there's nothing wrong with the simpler 'he's a human' storyline.
In Philip K. Dick's book, Deckard is a human. So the book would be definitive on that issue, not the movie, which introduces some ambiguity.

Taiso

Remembers The North
20 Year Member
In Philip K. Dick's book, Deckard is a human. So the book would be definitive on that issue, not the movie, which introduces some ambiguity.

The movie is not the book. it's a different version of events, a different interpretation. It is not the same entity, so its not beholden to the book's version of the story.

Tarma

Old Man
20 Year Member
Seriously doubt Sean Young will be in any sequel...

OST by Vangelis - P L E A S E

groundzero

Cheng's Errand Boy
I have faith in ridley. I loved Prometheus, i know a lot didn't.

Remakes ussualy suck. I did enjoy RoboCop and planet apes. New Conan was God awful!

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
My thoughts exactly. Deckard's story is told - what else is there to say? Why exactly is this moving happening? This will end up a disappointment.

Fml. I can't believe I'm agreeing with you.

People have every right to drool over a blade runner 2, but it's like people have the right to desire Mountain Dew with their Taco Bell. Those people are probably inbreds with mental problems, but all life is a blessing, and this is a no judgment forum.