Lost a friend yesterday

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
A friend of mine passed away yesterday. He was 46. He was found in his apartment by another friend. He’d been very sick after years of alcohol abuse, I’m certain it was cirrhosis but that hasn’t been determined yet. A real wake up call to the dangers of chronic alcohol abuse. I believe he had stopped drinking but the damage was already done. It’s enough to make me attempt to turn my back on it again.

Rest In Peace mate.

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
What a shame bud. My condolences to you and yours.

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
Damn, sorry to hear this.

It'll never happen to me is what everyone thinks I guess, until it happens to them.

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
Sorry to hear about your friend. My condolences :(

Taiso

Remembers The North
20 Year Member
All my sympathies to you, friend.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
A friend of mine passed away yesterday. He was 46. He was found in his apartment by another friend. He’d been very sick after years of alcohol abuse, I’m certain it was cirrhosis but that hasn’t been determined yet. A real wake up call to the dangers of chronic alcohol abuse. I believe he had stopped drinking but the damage was already done. It’s enough to make me attempt to turn my back on it again.

Rest In Peace mate.

Very sorry to hear, brother. Unfortunately, we are getting to that age where people we know and love start dying with increasing frequency.

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
Sorry to hear that. Prayers for his family.

Ajax

way more american than wyo, way more
15 Year Member
Sorry to hear this man... You’ll be in my thoughts.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Thanks all for the kind thoughts and words. To flip it all, my best mate had a baby girl today. What an emotional roller coaster, the weird cycle of life continues.

Fuckwit1200

NAM-75 Vet
:(
it's always a good day to die, but never a good day to lose a friend. (shakespear)
at least there's the good times had, recall them when in 'BRAZIL'.
can't count the friends gone, one way or another. :(
we plod on regardless...:D
rip to friends absent. :(

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
Too bad, my condolences F4U57. The global alcoholic drink industry exceeded $1 trillion in 2014... depressing. But so is life.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
We getting old. Gotta take care of yo self.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Sorry to hear that bro. My condolences.

I'm not a heavy drinker, usually have a few glasses of wine or beer on the weekend when I'm hanging out at home or out at a restaurant with the fam but I'm seriously thinking on cutting out drinking all together or cutting it down significantly.

As far as hard liquor is concerned. I've stopped drinking that stuff on the regular a few years ago and I'm glad I did.

Cutting Coffee down will be the next step.

Last edited:

Massive Urethra Chode

Disciple Of Orochi
I’m sorry to hear man... losing friends sucks. Its a constant reminder to cherish the present moment... in the past two years i have lost three friends. Two to drug overdose and one to cancer... life is short...
Too bad, my condolences F4U57. The global alcoholic drink industry exceeded $1 trillion in 2014... depressing. But so is life.

Plants are the way

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
I'm so sorry to hear this. I lost a friend back in Jan of 2013 in nearly the same manner. His marriage fell apart due to drinking so he moved out on his own. He went out to a bar that night, had too many, went home, took some Rx meds, the combo killed him in his sleep. It took a few days for his work to stark calling because he didn't show up. He left behind two small children, real terrible thing.

Like anything else, drinking can be a horrible demon...it suck to lose someone to it.

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
Sorry to hear it, but at least the birth of your other friend's daughter can balance the grief out some.

Marek

Banned
Sorry brother. The booze is a cruel mistress.

I havent had a drink in a few days and it feels pretty... different. Its definitely fucking hard to get a good nights sleep.

Im gonna see how long i can make it.

Lastblade

Friend me on Facebook!,
20 Year Member
Sorry to hear. Sucks to lose a friend, and alcohol is no friend.