march hw sales, nintendo owns japan!?!

Fakk2

Crossed Swords 2 Bootleg Artist.,
Average Joe said:
The PS3 and Wii sales will even out shortly enough.

Seeing that the Japanese still don't give a shit about X-Box (although they do seem to care a bit more this time around...), it's really only down to the Wii and the PS3 for next-gen console stuff.I still can't believe the DS is selling that well.

Crazy stuff.

It's NOT crazy stuff, its a GOOD thing! Why?

Well, you see the Japanese people are SMART and they know not to buy american shit because americans make inferior products (most likely due to them being super sized lazy pieces of shit that want to get paid top $ for doing sloppy ass work). It's sad to see that only americans are dumb enough to buy american shit (especially shit from Microsoft). And it's a laugh at best since I ask most americans why they support buying american shit when they know it's inferior to a japanese product (hell lets get real, even German and Italian made merchandise is better) and the ONLY dumb ass answer I get from them is "I buy american stuff to support my country". Shit what a waste people are. They buy american crap just to support america, even though they know they get an inferior product and are paying more than they should for it. Thank god for the Japanese! If it werent for them I wouldnt be able to watch a decent television, drive a decent car, or play a decent game (god of war being an exception to american games, but it is played on a Japanese console).

Now I know some of you are gonna say "But....but...but...." and then add some bullshit about the corvette/mustang etc... being a good car or Microsoft is great because.... honestly I dont give a fuck about that shit. I made the mistake when I was a bit younger to buy american shit to support america, and I got stuck with 2 pile of shit cars (thunderbird LX right now, a mustang GT 5.0 before that) that needs repair every damn month for one thing or another. Then a few friends got 360s and tried to sucker me into that shit. Now thier 360s are dead and they cant figure out why Microsoft sold them faulty machines? So they went out and bought more. It makes me wanna bitch slap them.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Fakk2 said:

Well, you see the Japanese people are SMART and they know not to buy american shit because americans make inferior products (most likely due to them being super sized lazy pieces of shit that want to get paid top $ for doing sloppy ass work). It's sad to see that only americans are dumb enough to buy american shit (especially shit from Microsoft). And it's a laugh at best since I ask most americans why they support buying american shit when they know it's inferior to a japanese product (hell lets get real, even German and Italian made merchandise is better) and the ONLY dumb ass answer I get from them is "I buy american stuff to support my country". Shit what a waste people are. They buy american crap just to support america, even though they know they get an inferior product and are paying more than they should for it. Thank god for the Japanese! If it werent for them I wouldnt be able to watch a decent television, drive a decent car, or play a decent game (god of war being an exception to american games, but it is played on a Japanese console).

Now I know some of you are gonna say "But....but...but...." and then add some bullshit about the corvette/mustang etc... being a good car or Microsoft is great because.... honestly I dont give a fuck about that shit. I made the mistake when I was a bit younger to buy american shit to support america, and I got stuck with 2 pile of shit cars (thunderbird LX right now, a mustang GT 5.0 before that) that needs repair every damn month for one thing or another. Then a few friends got 360s and tried to sucker me into that shit. Now thier 360s are dead and they cant figure out why Microsoft sold them faulty machines? So they went out and bought more. It makes me wanna bitch slap them.

Are you really that stupid...

Americans make the best shit... When we made phones, they lasted 30 years Even with Moving parts!!!!!!..... I go through a chinese phone ever damn year...

Hondas and Toyotas weren't considered reliable until they were made in Mich, Ohio and the south.

PS:
Arn't all the game machines made in china anyways?

Eldios

Shigen's Fitness Trainer
Fakk2 said:

This is not even worth a response. Note that Japanese cars sold in the USA are assembled in the USA by American workers. Most American cars sold in the USA are assembled in Mexico. So let me ask you this, what is an American car?

I will give you that in personal electronics, the Japanese are on top, however with regards to industrial, space, and especially military technology, the USA and Europe lead the way. Look at JAXA as an example. The Japanese still struggle to effectively launch rockets into space. The Japanese are extremely good at minaturization and working with fine details, however they are not the be all and end all of the technology world.

Everyone specializes in something. Try to give a little more thought before you start bashing a country which has a GDP 3+ times that of Japan. Obviously we must not be as lazy as you say we are.........

wizkid007

Hyperspin King., Beer Not Included.,
20 Year Member
Last week's numbers:

DSL--------163,785
Wii ---------52,544
PSP --------34,433
PS2 --------10,414
PS3 --------8,839
Xbox360 ---2,105
GBM --------408
GBASP -----343
GC ---------315
DS----------39
GBA-------- 18

:lol:

GeoStigma

Loyal Neo-Disciple
wizkid007 said:
Last week's numbers:

DSL--------163,785
Wii ---------52,544
PSP --------34,433
PS2 --------10,414
PS3 --------8,839
Xbox360 ---2,105
GBM --------408
GBASP -----343
GC ---------315
DS----------39
GBA-------- 18

:lol:

By the end of the year everyone in Japan will own a DS Lite.

An at this point it seems like investing in a PS3 would be a gutsy move.

qube

Canadian Moderator
20 Year Member
GeoStigma said:
By the end of the year everyone in Japan will own a DS Lite.

An at this point it seems like investing in a PS3 would be a gutsy move.

God, with the consistency of those figures, it's hard to believe everyone in Japan doesn't already own TWO DS Lites :eek_2:

BIG

sony fanboy
How these things keep selling the way they do is beyond me...

I mean...doesn't everyone and their pets own one already?

B-

qube

Canadian Moderator
20 Year Member
BIG said:

B-

Exactly. I mean, don't get me wrong, I think the DS Lite is a fantastic system, but where the hell is the market in Japan coming from??

How can they keep moving these things to a market that is already choking on them :spock:

It's going to be insane to see the numbers for Dragon Quest IX and the FF games that Squeenix still has coming later this year. I wouldn't be surprised if DQIX sells well over 2 million copies right off the bat.

I think this "gen" of gaming is silently being fought on the handheld front, with the console market taking a backseat at the moment.

beelzebubble

Knar Sdrawkcab, !t00w
15 Year Member
BIG said:

B-

japanese are pretty faddish.

i think it's a case of that combined with games that capture the big customer bases of kids and housewives (pokemon + brain training).

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
I've had a lot more fun with the GBA games than I have the DS games

why is up with the drought?