No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
SpamYouToDeath said:
In MGS3, was there:
1. MG and MG2?
2. Metal Gear Online?
3. Special Theater (parodies)?

Nope, so that must be what was on Disc 2. There's no Disc 2 in this version. I don't think anything was removed from Disc 1 though, since it still says Subsistence Disc1 on the title screen.

EDIT: Oh, I forgot. MGS has the extra VR missions stuff added in. Forgot about that one because I hate the VR missions. :angry:

Last edited:

Soniku

Mai's Tabloid Photographer
That's pretty lame that they cut out the second disc from MGS3... It kinda ruins the whole package. :oh_no: I was going to buy this, but I guess I'll just look for separate copies of Subsistence and Substance instead. :angry:

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Soniku said:
That's pretty lame that they cut out the second disc from MGS3... It kinda ruins the whole package. :oh_no: I was going to buy this, but I guess I'll just look for separate copies of Subsistence and Substance instead. :angry:

It's still very worth the $29.99 for those who don't already have the other games. And good luck finding Subsistence these days.

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
I can't sleep and I'm bored to tears, so here's some pics of the set that I took just now:

P1010530.jpg

P1010531.jpg

P1010532.jpg

P1010533.jpg

P1010534.jpg

P1010535.jpg

Soniku

ki_atsushi said:
And good luck finding Subsistence these days.

Eh, it's not that rare... You can find copies on eBay for $35 - $40 shipped BIN. Some will probably even have the strategy guide if you're into that sort of thing.

Also we have similar desktop set ups. I have that same monitor and a similar amount of random crap (receipts, USB cables and whatnot) strewn about my desk... Right down to the dust on the monitor stand.

Pics later. :D

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Soniku said:
Eh, it's not that rare... You can find copies on eBay for $35 - $40 shipped BIN. Some will probably even have the strategy guide if you're into that sort of thing.

Also we have similar desktop set ups. I have that same monitor and a similar amount of random crap (receipts, USB cables and whatnot) strewn about my desk... Right down to the dust on the monitor stand.

Pics later. :D

And the toothbrush? Pics plz. :tickled:

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
This set would have been perfect with the extras for Subsistence and upgraded graphics for MGS 1, ala Twin Snakes (minus the extraneous bullet time cutscenes and such).

dark penguin

ki_atsushi said:
This set would have been perfect with the extras for Subsistence and upgraded graphics for MGS 1, ala Twin Snakes (minus the extraneous bullet time cutscenes and such).

Hey, thanks for the pics. I'm definitely buying this. Possibly today.

Nesagwa

Beard of Zeus,
20 Year Member
They didnt "add back in" the VR Missions.

The US release of MGS had a limited number included. Mostly just the first sneaking and couple of weapons ones.

I wish they would have included the VR Missions disk in there too, but oh well.

taitai

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
argh

I have subsistence LE and the GS Preorder disc.

but the idea of owning some form of Integral and Substance...

BigTinz

VT's Bitch , You can fuck this mouth for a fruit c
Nesagwa said:
It is the original PSX version.

There were rumors that they were going to put it on a PS2 dvd and make it so you could save on a PS2 memory card, but that turned out not to be true.

Wow, that's a shame.

I was going to buy it...but what's the point now. :confused:

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Nesagwa said:
They didnt "add back in" the VR Missions.

The US release of MGS had a limited number included. Mostly just the first sneaking and couple of weapons ones.

I wish they would have included the VR Missions disk in there too, but oh well.

Ah, ok that clears things up. I didn't remember the original having VR missions, it's been a long time since I've played it. I never cared for the VR shit anyway.

Nick Goracke

I'm still around!?,
A little off-topic, but does anybody else find MGS3 to be considerably harder than 1/2. I'm finally getting around to playing 3 (having owned it for years), but I'm just hopeless. It took me hours to even get through the intro...

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
3 rocks its harder because you have no radar \\o

dark penguin

Just bought it at Walmart. They only had two copies left, and mine was one of those.

I couldn't find any in stock at any of the main online Canadian retailers I usually use.
This thing just came out...did they under-ship, or are a lot of people buying it?

Either way, can't wait to play when I get a few hours to myself later on.

genjiglove

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
Man, I really like that MGS3 cover art. I'm thinking about buying this even though I own two copies of MGS2&3 already.

Jedah Doma

Chroma Ma' Doma!,
Yea, I bought it, but then soon returned it after realizing I have these games 2-3 times over. I mean I'm a MGS nut and all, but $30 for basically new cover art, a little pricey for me.

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
kernow said:
3 rocks its harder because you have no radar \\o

Agreed, and I love the fact that you have to rely on camouflage to sneak around.

The added realism + cold war era espionage action is fucking awesome.

dark penguin

I played through some of part 1 last night, then got too frustrated because of the memory card issue. I think I'll just crack and order one off ebay or something.

So, as of right now, I'm replaying pt 2. I'd forgotten what a quality(if bizarre) game it is. It still looks and plays very nicely. The graphics definitely don't look too dated yet.

HeartlessNinny

Heartlessness is a virtue
I just picked up this collection today, even though I have every game on it in some form or another. Mostly, I wanted MGS1, 'cause I only have the Japanese one. I was thinking of just buying it alone, but I also have the inferior Xbox MGS2:Substance port, which if I'm not mistaken, doesn't work on 360 anyways... Given that I have a BC PS3, this was a no brainer.

Anyways. I've been saying for years that MGS2, ridiculous story aside, is a pretty phenomenal game, and a real watershed. I've played it through about 6 times, maybe more, and there's always something new to discover. And though Raiden is indeed a whiny bitch, he is fun to play as. Plus, if you really hate him, you can force him to take a golden shower (:eek_2: ). That said, MGS2 is actually my least favourite, since it has the worst story and boss battles. Still, MGS on its worst day is miles ahead of most other games.

So I'm gonna play through the whole trilogy again, in anticipation of MGS4. The only thing I wondering about is how the fuck I'm gonna beat Psycho Mantis on a PS3, since I only have one controller. I guess I'll have to take my PS2 (or my PS1, I dunno) out of mothballs for that part... Or buy a Dualshock 3, if they're out by the time I get around to it.

Ancient Flounder

"Just walk away. Give me the pump...the oil...the
15 Year Member
HeartlessNinny said:
The only thing I wondering about is how the fuck I'm gonna beat Psycho Mantis on a PS3, since I only have one controller.

Just switch your controller to another channel (in this case, 2) and pop back over to 1 when you are done.
icon14.gif

HeartlessNinny

Heartlessness is a virtue
KumagaiToshiro said:
Just switch your controller to another channel (in this case, 2) and pop back over to 1 when you are done.
icon14.gif

Seriously? I didn't know you could do this. Awesome, you just saved me a lot of trouble man. Thanks. :D

EDIT: Now all I have to do is start a game of Suikoden and other Konami goodness so I can hear him read my mind. God, I love that game. :D

Fish_Monger

Another Striker
MGS3 is the only reason I bought my PS2.
MGS4 is the only reason I bought my PS3.

That being said, I almost bought this the other day. However, they're just stripped down versions of the games. No extra's. Might still pick it up though...

Here's what I currently have:

Original MGS1: PSX
MGS VR Missions: PSX
MGS2: Sons of Liberty: PS2
MGS2: Substance: PS2
MGS2: Substance: XBOX
MGS: The Twin Snakes: GC
The Document of Metal Gear Solid: PS2
Metal Gear Saga vol.1: PS2
Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater: PS2
Metal Gear Solid 3: Limited Edition: PS2
Metal Gear Solid: Gameboy Color
Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots: Limited Edition: PS3 ($93 paid in full on reserve)

I love Metal Gear Solid. But I see no reason in buying stripped down repackages if you already have the originals. Maybe I'll find $30 laying around and change my mind!