Movie opinions thread (what have you seen, what did you think?)

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure
Bill & Ted's Bogus Journey
Naked Gun: From the Files of Police Squad
Naked Gun 2 1/2

All masterpieces

Hot Chocolate

No Longer Yung, No Longer Raoul,
20 Year Member
Shame, I was always a fan of Harley from the Fox Animated Series (the first one). Did she at least call him "Mr. J" ?

Yeah and puddin'

This movie handled their relationship far better then the comics( here Joker really loves Harley )

I give the movie three stars

ahcmetal

Super Spy Agent
10 Year Member
Suicide Squad needs:

25% less Will Smith...
25% more Joker...
25min less run time...

3/5 stars.

hyper

fresh out of fucks
10 Year Member
damn

I want this to be good

just gonna wait for a Margot Robbie costume montage then

Hot Chocolate

No Longer Yung, No Longer Raoul,
20 Year Member
So you're saying it's about 3 stars better than Batman v Superman. Well, at least they're moving in the right direction, I guess.

Correct, there was nothing good about BvS especially with SS in the picture

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
The directing in BvS was better. SS was pure dog shit.

WB pussed out after the negative reception for BvS and had the marketing company that made the trailer re-edit the film.

It's probably going to end up like BvS with a more complete version coming out on Blu Ray, except in this case they re-shot entire scenes

DC films = Bethesda game

wait for the patched version

Reclaimer

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
Finally saw Keanu.

Key and Peele crack me up, but the movie needed more cats, and was more intense than expected. 7/10, would recommend.

StaticX

The b00bs., Z'OMG The B00BS!,
15 Year Member
Finally saw Keanu.

Key and Peele crack me up, but the movie needed more cats, and was more intense than expected. 7/10, would recommend.

Will Forte killed it in Keanu as well.

I'm gonna get shot for saying this.... watched GhostBusters 1 and 2 this weekend........ they are really only meh movies to me.. (do love the chemistry though with the 3 white leads).

Truthfully, I felt the tv show back then was my fix for that universe. Extreme Ghostbusters as well.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
The directing in BvS was better. SS was pure dog shit.
Zach Snyder does some things well, at least. David Ayer has given zero indication that he's a good choice to do a superhero movie (it sounds more like SS gives every indication that he was a terrible choice, not as bad but sort of a Josh Trank kind of deal).

Will Forte killed it in Keanu as well.

I'm gonna get shot for saying this.... watched GhostBusters 1 and 2 this weekend........ they are really only meh movies to me.. (do love the chemistry though with the 3 white leads).

Truthfully, I felt the tv show back then was my fix for that universe. Extreme Ghostbusters as well.
I had an odd time with Keanu- the second act (or so) bored me to death and was pretty cringeworthy. It went on for far too long and really, other than the kitten being cute as hell and the scene with Anna Faris, I wasn't feeling the movie much. Then the third act kicked it up a gear and was significantly better than the rest, IMO. I very much did appreciate the Liam Neesons reference early on, though.

Re: Ghostbusters- I don't think many people would defend the second one. I rewatched both on UHD a little while back, back to back, and I was pretty amazed at the difference in quality. The second is just boring. The story is bad, the bad guy is weak, it's just not good in any way.

The first one was still fantastic, though, that one was better than I had remembered, even.

edit: the soundtrack for GB II is great, at least. "Saving the Day" and "On Our Own" are awesome.

Last edited:

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
WB pussed out after the negative reception for BvS and had the marketing company that made the trailer re-edit the film.

It's probably going to end up like BvS with a more complete version coming out on Blu Ray, except in this case they re-shot entire scenes

DC films = Bethesda game

wait for the patched version

The reshoots were not sufficiently clarified. The guy who played captain boomerang said that it was not reshot to be more funny, as a response to allegations of a Deadpool effect; I agree. The movie wasn't funny at all.

I think the reshoots may have come down to the producers feeling very uncomfortable with the camera work that focused on solo closeup of each actor on screen. This is something that is normal in comic books, but as an experiment, fails horribly on film. Characters had very little chemistry with each other. Many simply failed to develop whatsoever.

hyper

fresh out of fucks
10 Year Member
Trope de Elite (Elite Squad)
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0861739/

Great movie about the elite police force at war with the favela drug lords and the corrupt street cops who help them in Rio. Download it in high quality w subs if you can find it, it's in Portuguese.

StaticX

15 Year Member
Saw Hardcore Henry....
HOLY SHIT!!!!!! LOVED IT!

StaticX

15 Year Member
the people behind that movie must play a lot of first person shoters

Gotta agree with you there. Music wise it was pretty great as well. Sharlto was amusing in it.

hyper

fresh out of fucks
10 Year Member
Hardcore Henry was fucked up and bizarre but def entertaining

but holy fucking shit I'm watching Elite Squad 2: Enemy within and its even better than the original. RAW BRUTAL ALPHA TOP DOG SCUMBAG STOMPING GREAT GLORIOUS JUSTICE SHIT

not for the cuck'd of heart

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
They basically said everything you did except it took them half an hour.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member

They seem to have mostly nailed it.

I like Red Letter Media, but I've slowly been losing confidence in them since Mike revealed he hated Escape From New York, combined with the fact he loved Wolverine Origins. What happened to the guy who produced the most reasoned tearing down of the Star Wars prequels ever? Drugs? Early onset senility?

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
I really like Wolverine Origins. It's such a ridiculous train wreck I can't help but enjoy it.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Wolverine Origins was horrible. But you know, movies like that are necessary in order to make jokes for movies like Deadpool I guess