Movie opinions thread (what have you seen, what did you think?)

Claudia Schiffer

back to basics
15 Year Member
I just tried to send you a friend request but I don't know how to even do that anymore....I don't even know if that is possible anymore.

So maybe you're right, there are no friends here.
i think "following" is the equivalent of a friend in the old forum.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
Fags.

Contact- Oh man that didn't age well and it wasn't too great to begin with.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
Holy shit! The first trailer had me a bit worried.
Everything I've read and heard says the movie absolutely nails it. The trailers are about trying to get the mainstream audience to understand some digestible stakes and get them into the theaters.

In semi-related news, the prequel TV series seems to be moving forward at HBO Max:

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
How is the movie going to “nail it”

we need conflict of interest free reviewing.

it’s an epic, slam jammed into a nugglet of a feature length movie.

hubris on the part of Denis. But yes, looks great. We will probably love it.

be honest about it though. Fanboys are pathetic and hated everywhere by everyone. Especially their gods who treat them as chattel commodity.

It’s Denis’s cliff notes revision of someone else’s work.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
How is the movie going to “nail it”

we need conflict of interest free reviewing.

it’s an epic, slam jammed into a nugglet of a feature length movie.

hubris on the part of Denis. But yes, looks great. We will probably love it.

be honest about it though. Fanboys are pathetic and hated everywhere by everyone. Especially their gods who treat them as chattel commodity.

It’s Denis’s cliff notes revision of someone else’s work.
The movie only covers the first half of the book, up to the timeskip, and it's 155 minutes to cover that. People that were at the premiere say a lot of the dialog is lifted 1:1 from the book.

This is the project Villeneuve spent his entire career trying to land.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
The movie only covers the first half of the book, up to the timeskip, and it's 155 minutes to cover that. People that were at the premiere say a lot of the dialog is lifted 1:1 from the book.

I'll be the judge of that

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I’m still waiting for fami to make a dispassionate post about sci-fi or sports.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
I'm desperately waiting for basic to tell us which movie he wants to watch, and then follow that up by telling us he was too tired and he'll try again another day.

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
I just dug out my old Transformers cartoon DVD box sets and I noticed in the Season 1 box there is a disc missing that is going to drive me fucking mental what the fuck.

I didnt watch them and I know they are movies but I dont give a fuck I am so upset right now.

That is literally the only tv/movies I own on any kind of physical media at this point. But I am missing a disc! :crying:

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member

I am concerned about the fight scene quality.

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
Going to rewatch it for a final opinion...was slightly distracted while watching it on my first pass. Initial reaction is that it seemed okay but not as good as the first. Most of the time, there wasn't much tension for me and some initial expectations of what I thought I'd see in the plot didn't really materialize.
We watched both films back2back, so making it one film. I thought it was pretty good.

The other day, watched the korean movie The Swordsman. Basic story but the action was actually legit pretty good for Korean action. Joe Taslim as the main baddy, really gave me the old school shaw bros vibes. He is slowly becoming my fav action star.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
LoneSage, it may be a few years away, but I just want to wish you an early happy 20 year anniversary of joining these forums so I can be the first to congratulate you.

Congratulations.
Moe, I'd like to be the first to congratulate you on congratulating Lonesage, though it may be a few years away, for his 20th anniversary of joining the forums.

Also, I watched Saint Maud, and my lord was it overrated. It's at like 93% positive on RT, and it was nearly unwatchable.

Claudia Schiffer

back to basics
15 Year Member
I'm desperately waiting for basic to tell us which movie he wants to watch, and then follow that up by telling us he was too tired and he'll try again another day.
i normally wouldn't acknowledge such an inflammatory post and obvious troll bait...but the Black Widow movie.

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
Luca is ok+. More enjoyable overall for my kids (6 and 3) than the last Pixar film I posted about, Onward, Luca is full of bright and fun visuals throughout.

Although I thought Onward had so much more potential in it's concept it was mostly and unfortunately wasted. Luca doesn't tread much new ground in the plot but does it well with obvious G-rated themes. So for adults it might be a wash. They're both serviceable.

It isn't top shelf Pixar material though. My most recent pick for their upper echelon is Coco.

I guess the main characters are gay or something. My kids like it, so I guess they'll be gay now.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Keep in mind it’s hard to fight when your still suit is filled with piss and poopoo
I was just complaining to fami in chat about having to constantly look up words while reading Dune. I don't have time for learning another language!