NBA 19/20 Season

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
Figured I'd start a thread here since there doesn't appear to be one here for this season's basketed balls sportsing.

Been a wild start.

The Suns went from basement dwelling to awesome much to everyone's surprise, and beat Philly to kill their undefeated status.

Miami and Boston are surprisingly good, with Philly being not so surprisingly good.

The once mighty Warriors have lost all their best players to injuries, and it's looking like they're not going to make the playoffs, let alone contend for a ring.

AD is tearing it up in LA with Lebron, but is already talking about free agency and potentially going to Chicago at the end of the season.

Kings gonna Kings.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Hollywood Lebron should get beaten with a folding chair for his shitty commentary re China.

Fuck that bozo. Ain’t no king.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
This Nuggets season surely won't end in disappointment like every other Nuggets season ever

Fygee

20 Year Member
Hollywood Lebron should get beaten with a folding chair for his shitty commentary re China.

Him and all the rest in the NBA that bowed down to keep Adam Silver happy and their pockets full.

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
Been a wild start.

The Suns went from basement dwelling to awesome much to everyone's surprise, and beat Philly to kill their undefeated status.
A 5-2 start for the Suns and those 2 losses (Denver and Utah) were by a point each. Whooped on the Clippers, embarrassed the Warriors in San Fran and broke Curry's hand and ended the Sixers' perfect season. Not to mention doing it without DeAndre Ayton for 25 games :)

Fygee

20 Year Member
A 5-2 start for the Suns and those 2 losses (Denver and Utah) were by a point each. Whooped on the Clippers, embarrassed the Warriors in San Fran and broke Curry's hand and ended the Sixers' perfect season. Not to mention doing it without DeAndre Ayton for 25 games :)

I'm still in disbelief. It's like I've woken up from a terrible nightmare. I'm reflexively expecting the other shoe to drop at any moment thanks to the past 9 years (minus the 13-14 season) of middling to historically awful basketball, but my optimism is slowly coming back. Literally two made baskets away from being 7-0, and without our starting wunkerkind center. Crazy.

Getting Rubio and Baynes were really smart moves. They've truly blossomed with this team and are major factors in our wins. Even Kaminsky is doing way better despite a couple stinkers.

Can't wait to see what happens when they play the Lakers.

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
I paid no attention to the Suns so wasn't expecting much different from recent history. I did catch the game vs Clippers though and wasn't surprised they are as good as they are, they brought in some decent players with a point to prove. Still not sure if they will make the playoffs but they're not a 20 win team that's for sure.

Most people are picking the Clippers for the chip but I am going Lakers, if they stay healthy their chemistry will only get better. They are already looking good but still have a lot of improvement in them. Clippers I feel haven't got as high a ceiling. I reckon Lakers vs Philly final.

theMot

10 Year Member
AD is tearing it up in LA with Lebron, but is already talking about free agency and potentially going to Chicago at the end of the season.

Not going to happen. Only way he leaves is if it's to go to a better situation, no one can offer him more money or a bigger market (don't say NY, no ones going there) than the Lakers . He's coming into his prime now, he needs to win NOW or his career is unfulfilled IMO.

Last edited:

theMot

10 Year Member

Love him as a player but yeah...sometime I wish he would just "Shut up and Jam" so to speak.

Remember last year when he came back with 20 games to go and he was all like "PLAYOFF MODE ACTIVATED!!!!" then 3 weeks later they bombed out of the race. :lolz: :lolz: :lolz:

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Love him as a player but yeah...sometime I wish he would just "Shut up and Jam" so to speak.

Remember last year when he came back with 20 games to go and he was all like "PLAYOFF MODE ACTIVATED!!!!" then 3 weeks later they bombed out of the race. :lolz: :lolz: :lolz:

Fuck Lebron and his announcements. He's the most complete tool to ever play the game. Hope he gets fucking warts from China and has to get them all frozen off for $8.

theMot

10 Year Member
Fuck Lebron and his announcements. He's the most complete tool to ever play the game. Hope he gets fucking warts from China and has to get them all frozen off for $8.

I don't give a fuck, I still love watching him play!!

Lastblade

Friend me on Facebook!,
20 Year Member
I never expected Mr. Frontrunner to say anything that doesn't sell his brand.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
Aron Baynes >>> DeAndre Ayton.

Also, Ben Simmons is hilariously overrated and Philly would be better off without him.

I'm serious about at least one of those things.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Aron Baynes >>> DeAndre Ayton.

Also, Ben Simmons is hilariously overrated and Philly would be better off without him.

I'm serious about at least one of those things.

I watch Sixers games for Embiid. I love his attitude. Feel like guys like him have been missing for over a decade. 15 years ago he would easily be on the Pistons.

theMot

10 Year Member

You're joking? If he gets half decent even from mid range the kid is going to be a weapon. His free throw form looks a lot better than last year.

WTF is with not being able to shoot free throws anyway? I just can't understand how there are players in the league who are less than 80% from the line?

Voodoohead

Morden's Lackey
who else than ne wants to see defense back.
this no touch basketball is looking more like a allstar game to me.

Fygee

20 Year Member
Suns vs Lakers tonight, with a chance for the Suns to take 1st place (for now) depending on if they win and how other teams fare.

Typing that is just...surreal. After 9 years of crap basketball (excluding 13/14), I'm still getting used to the Suns not being total butt.