NBA season 21/22

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
Thank you for providing a list of players who are either from more than 40 years ago (Wilt, Kareem), aren't over 7' tall (Hakeem, Dirk, Ewing) or were the second or third best players on their team when they accomplished anything (Gasol, Mutombo, Parish). The other two are a generational athlete that I previously mentioned (Shaq) and David Robinson who, SURPRISE, broke his foot in 1997 and was never the same player afterwards.

Bang-up job, bro.
You stupid salty bitch, ahaha.

So these guys count as "guys over 7'0" getting hurt
Bill Walton - 6'11"
Joel Embiid - 7'0"
Greg Oden - 7'0"

But these guys don't count as 7'0" guys staying healthy?
Patrick Ewing - 7'0"
Dirk Nowitzki - 7'0"
Hakeem Olajuwon - 7'0"

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
You stupid salty bitch, ahaha.

So these guys count as "guys over 7'0" getting hurt
Bill Walton - 6'11"
Joel Embiid - 7'0"
Greg Oden - 7'0"

But these guys don't count as 7'0" guys staying healthy?
Patrick Ewing - 7'0"
Dirk Nowitzki - 7'0"
Hakeem Olajuwon - 7'0"

Congrats homie. You out-semantics'd me. Go tell your mom I said it was okay to have extra tendies tonight.

Still stand by my point. Ignoring that the NBA has moved away from moved away from offenses revolving around a big man in the middle, guys over 7 ft. are an injury liability and break down more often than not.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
Congrats homie. You out-semantics'd me. Go tell your mom I said it was okay to have extra tendies tonight.

Still stand by my point. Ignoring that the NBA has moved away from moved away from offenses revolving around a big man in the middle, guys over 7 ft. are an injury liability and break down more often than not.
You tried to win an argument that you yourself started with semantics and then got pissed when it turned out you didn't know what you were talking about.

The semantics aren't why you lost the argument. You lost the argument because you made a stupidly broad generalization without even looking up the heights of the people you were generalizing about.

Also, the last four consecutive NBA MVP awards have been won by 6'11" players. I'm sure it's the one inch height difference that makes Jokic and Giannis durable and Embiid glass, right?

Tw3ek

69Vapelord420
10 Year Member
Oh snap !!

Lakers traded Their prized THT ( gave away Caruso…) for Pat Beverly … damn must be desperate
Man, I STILL miss Caruso but would much rather have PatBev than THT and his complete lack of improvement

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
You tried to win an argument that you yourself started with semantics and then got pissed when it turned out you didn't know what you were talking about.

The semantics aren't why you lost the argument. You lost the argument because you made a stupidly broad generalization without even looking up the heights of the people you were generalizing about.

Also, the last four consecutive NBA MVP awards have been won by 6'11" players. I'm sure it's the one inch height difference that makes Jokic and Giannis durable and Embiid glass, right?

Holy shit, man. I guess that's what I get for trying to engage you like an adult.

Lesson learned.

Hattori Hanzo

AEShole
1 Year Member
I'm glad RJ stays and is off the table. He won't be included in a trade for Donovan.

racecar

Strolheim Choir Member
20 Year Member
I'm glad RJ stays and is off the table. He won't be included in a trade for Donovan.

If RJ get traded to the jazz . The laker might swoop in and offer their 2 first rounds and Westbrook , jazz are looking for picks for a complete rebuild could be 3-4 years out , so they won’t be keeping that 30 million salary .

dspoonrt

Genam's Azami Sharpener
10 Year Member
Holy shit! As a Cavs fan, I think we gave up too much, but I'm excited nonetheless.

Hattori Hanzo

AEShole
1 Year Member
Ainge always wins. Jazz got 13 unprotected or lightly protected picks through 2029.

Donovan is a legit all star but undersized and plays no defense. The price was high.

dspoonrt

Genam's Azami Sharpener
10 Year Member
The price was high, but Cleveland still has some depth. I'm liking it more and more. The Cavs could potentially have 4 all stars this season, and everybody is young and on longer-term contracts. The next three seasons should be very interesting.

Hattori Hanzo

AEShole
1 Year Member
Rumor (the tweet was already deleted)

WillieGRamirez: Multiple sources have told me the NBA want to finally announce expansion to Las Vegas and Seattle during the Clippers’ two preseason games at Seattle’s Climate Pledge Arena, on Sept. 30 and Oct. 3. The Lakers then play two preseason games in Vegas on Oct 5 and 6.

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
Rumor (the tweet was already deleted)

WillieGRamirez: Multiple sources have told me the NBA want to finally announce expansion to Las Vegas and Seattle during the Clippers’ two preseason games at Seattle’s Climate Pledge Arena, on Sept. 30 and Oct. 3. The Lakers then play two preseason games in Vegas on Oct 5 and 6.
Here's what I said on another forum:

NBA should consider other markets than Las Vegas, or if they wanted to do Las Vegas they're about 10 years too late. They should've awarded Las Vegas an NBA franchise not too long after the 2007 All-Star game.

Maybe getting an arena in other markets is the hold up, but I would think metro areas like Virginia Beach (~1.8 million), Louisville (~1.3 million), Albuquerque (~915k) would bring in more money especially since those markets don't have other major professional sports teams in town.

Tung Fu ru

Actual Musician,
20 Year Member
Uh, pretty sure The Golden Knights and Raiders are doing fine in Vegas. Check out Raiders tickets some time.

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
Uh, pretty sure The Golden Knights and Raiders are doing fine in Vegas. Check out Raiders tickets some time.
With the Athletics trying to move to Las Vegas, too it just seems like the market will be oversaturated. NBA always has done a stellar job going to newer markets where there was nobody else and then excelling there. E.g. Phoenix Suns back in 1968. There were no other major professional teams (big four) there and made a major impact.

Edit: And if you look at metro populations I could understand Seattle's ability to support all big four major professional sports teams, they have ~4 million in their metro area. But if you look at Las Vegas Valley metro, they have around 2.2 million. If they do happen to get an NBA and MLB team, they'll be the smallest market to have all four major professional sports teams.

Last edited:

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
I'd be over the moon if Vegas finally got an NBA team, and I know there's lots of other natives and long time residents that would feel the same.

The fact that we don't have one, and somehow got an NHL and NFL team before that is mindboggling. The NBA has had a longtime presence here with it being the main venue for Summer League, preseason games, and of course, that infamous All Star game. Getting a team here is an absolute no brainer.

Golden Knights and Raiders are doing just fine here. Raiders tickets frequently sell out even with absolutely stupid ticket prices, and the GK are extremely popular here, even with the team's recent downturn thanks to really bad trade decisions. Even the Aces are pretty popular, especially since they're good. Probably the WNBA team with the most local support outside of the Mercury or Storm.

The thing about sports teams in Vegas is that you're not only getting ticket sales from local fans, you're also getting ticket sales for the visiting teams. Prior to GK and the Raiders, everyone had to pick their own teams from other cities to support. There's built-in decades long loyalty to other franchises (e.g. me with the Suns). Now that they/we get the opportunity to support our longtime teams locally, you can bet that ticket sales will be that much better.

The A's coming to Vegas seems to be a dead end with Oakland.

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
I'd be over the moon if Vegas finally got an NBA team, and I know there's lots of other natives and long time residents that would feel the same.

The fact that we don't have one, and somehow got an NHL and NFL team before that is mindboggling. The NBA has had a longtime presence here with it being the main venue for Summer League, preseason games, and of course, that infamous All Star game. Getting a team here is an absolute no brainer.

Golden Knights and Raiders are doing just fine here. Raiders tickets frequently sell out even with absolutely stupid ticket prices, and the GK are extremely popular here, even with the team's recent downturn thanks to really bad trade decisions. Even the Aces are pretty popular, especially since they're good. Probably the WNBA team with the most local support outside of the Mercury or Storm.

The thing about sports teams in Vegas is that you're not only getting ticket sales from local fans, you're also getting ticket sales for the visiting teams. Prior to GK and the Raiders, everyone had to pick their own teams from other cities to support. There's built-in decades long loyalty to other franchises (e.g. me with the Suns). Now that they/we get the opportunity to support our longtime teams locally, you can bet that ticket sales will be that much better.

The A's coming to Vegas seems to be a dead end with Oakland.
I agree, I don't see how the Athletics make it work in terms of expecting taxpayers to build yet another stadium in Las Vegas.

Fygee

20 Year Member
I want the Sonics back!
If the rumor is true, they'll be back.

As for a different stadium, the A's could have used Allegiant. Plenty of arenas are used for both baseball and US football.

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
If the rumor is true, they'll be back.

As for a different stadium, the A's could have used Allegiant. Plenty of arenas are used for both baseball and US football.
Has there been a baseball game played there, like an exhibition one?

Fygee

20 Year Member
Has there been a baseball game played there, like an exhibition one?
Nope. No MLB games have ever been played here anywhere to my knowledge.

We have the Las Vegas Ballpark as well, which is home to our minor league team the Aviators. I don't think that venue would be large enough to accommodate an MLB team though.