NBA Season 23/24

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
Suns clutch offense is horrible. They lost tonight and they were incredibly lucky to beat the Bulls the other night.

No ball handling, no playmaking. When it gets to clutch time it's just one guy going iso while everybody else stands around.

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
They're just a team of mercenaries wearing Suns uniforms. The only true Sun and our best player is still hurt.

I really hate this roster. No fucking way it's winning a championship, and by this point I'll be surprised if they can even make it to the playoffs. Ishiba fucked up big time. Spending huge gobs of money and not caring about the luxury tax is a refreshing change, but if you're still dumb and impulsive about how you spend that money, it doesn't matter.

I just can't believe they shitcanned a team and staff that made it to the Finals, and had a record setting season the year after. Yeah, the loss to the Mavericks in Game 7 by such a huge margin was absolutely soul crushing, but half the team was also recovering from COVID with no time to rest.

Instead, we blew it all for Durant, glass-cannon/albatross contract Beal, and a roster of mostly vet minimums who are vet minimums for a reason.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Nugs played an all young guy bench (because Reggie Jackson has to start with Murray out) and it didn't go great last night. Watson, Braun, and Nnaji are all defensive stoppers but they're anywhere from awful to highly inconsistent on offense. Julian Strawther is a rookie and he played like a rookie last night.

But we knew there'd be games like this. They replaced Bruce Brown, Jeff Green, Ish Smith, and Thomas Bryant with first and second year guys.

racecar

Yuri's Aerobics Instructor
20 Year Member
A honourable mention is Tyrese Haliburton had 17 assists and 0 TO + 25 pts vs Philly

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
Anybody know what games are compatible with James Harden?
BB

famicommander

15 Year Member
On/Off net plus minus per 100 possessions
Jokic: +23.4
Embiid: -10.4

Sixers, just like last year, are better with Embiid off the court.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Fami, just like last year, has a weird hateboner for Embiid.
For two straight years the Sixers have been better at basketball when Joel Embiid isn't actually playing basketball.

Fygee

20 Year Member
Suns win a 2OT nailbiter off of one hell of a Durant block.

Seems like they're starting to gel just a bit now, but I'm still very reluctant to believe it. Beal, once again, benchwarming because of his bad back.

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
Kind of makes me wonder on how they make the schedule for the season. The Suns have already played Utah three times (and won them all), a team that's not even in their division. And yes, one was a tournament game but still, we've yet to play Portland or the Clippers, teams in the Pacific Division (Blazers come to town tomorrow).

Fygee

20 Year Member
Suns now have 7 straight wins. My doom and gloom predictions may have been incorrect.

Devin Booker is a beast and a real MVP candidate if he plays this well consistently (and I think he will) without getting injured.

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
Wins are wins and it certainly helps team chemistry but they've been beating mostly bottom feeders (Blazers, Grizz, Jazz twice) and putting a lot of load on KD. The test for the Suns is if they're stars can make it to May and June.

famicommander

15 Year Member
The Suns were always going to make it through the regular season fine. They were never and are never going to be a threat to win a 7 game series against a team with a balanced roster. Not without a floor general.

Fygee

20 Year Member
I hate to agree with you, but I do. And even then, there's definitely no guarantee about the regular season either with their Big 3 being as injury prone as they are.

God damn I miss Mikal Bridges right now...

famicommander

15 Year Member
I hate to agree with you, but I do. And even then, there's definitely no guarantee about the regular season either with their Big 3 being as injury prone as they are.

God damn I miss Mikal Bridges right now...
As long as one of Booker or Durant are on the court they'll be able to get to the playoffs. If they lose both at once they're fucked though.

Nurkic is also a ticking time bomb.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Jamal Murray back in action for the Nuggets tonight. Not coincidentally, team went for 37 assists vs just 3 turnovers.

Jokic:
32 points, 10 rebounds, 15 assists, 1 steal, 1 block, 0 turnovers