Neo Candy Club

greenframe

n00b
it had a lot of rust on the bottom and after a week later and tons of sanding, is once again rust free. :D

Shakepants

Crossed Swords Squire
Tried to tate the Super Neo 29 to my surprise the monitor frame makes it a no-no, by 10mm. Hmm...this is do-able, anyone recognize this problem?

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
Tried to tate the Super Neo 29 to my surprise the monitor frame makes it a no-no, by 10mm. Hmm...this is do-able, anyone recognize this problem?

Read posts 69-74 in this thread, for the answer you seek.

#search_fnxn
#not/everyone/will/be/as/nice/about it next_time

Shakepants

Crossed Swords Squire
Thanks a lot for that - but my problem is the front of the frame, it just wont get in, it touches the top of the frame mount of the cab.

Chempop

BESTEST Buttrider in chat.Officially No.10 at Schm
I'm going to advise against it, not because it doesn't fit, but because myself and another user both experienced some discoloration after having the monitors vertical for a while. It may have been due to the marquee light, or crappy shielding, I don't really know since I'm not a tech guy.

But if you are anyway, I don't think you can lay the bottom of the monitor in and then lean the top backwards into place. Instead you might need to place the whole tube in at an angle so the top of the frame sneaks past some of the mounts. I can't quite picture it from memory.

Hopefully that helps a little.

Shakepants

Crossed Swords Squire
Thanks Chem, it's gonna go tate, no way back. It's the 64 so no marquee, whatever discolouration needs addressing of course.

Shakepants

Crossed Swords Squire
Yeah...was a bit of struggle. Ended up removing the marquee holder, 15 minutes work so not really a problem. However..the 45 angled flange on top of the monitor still made the holder push up a bit. Needed slight bending. Really strange, taking into consideration it's an original Hitatchi frame.

Chempop

Glad it worked out, curious if the top of the monitor gets wonky. Even when I put mine hori again it stayed a little dark, even after a degauss.
Also, some pics of some tate goodness never hurt :)

Chempop

^Nice! I like how the front access door is taped on.
Pretty sure paradise arcade shop has locks that fit.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
I like the older models with the glass over the monitor. I wish the newer candy variant had that.

NeoGeoFanatic

Neo Geo Cup '98
^Nice! I like how the front access door is taped on.
Pretty sure paradise arcade shop has locks that fit.

it gives it personality. :eek_2:

I have been meaning to get some locks for this and my Big Red cabs... I'll order some soon.

Vigormortis

Armored Scrum Object
My Neo Candy 25 uses 17mm cam locks. I wouldn't be surprised if your Candy 29 also uses that size, but take one out and measure it just to be sure. This set from Aliexpress worked well for me. I had to replace all my locks because the previous owner couldn't find his keys. Finally got around to it a couple months ago after a year and a half without locks lol.
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/10-p...n-for-drawer-or-arcade-cabinet/976785881.html