Neo Candy Club

radiantsvgun

They call him Mr. Windy
15 Year Member
I got this help from a Arcade Otaku forum member, a while back. Looks like it's a 5/8" lock (or equivalent in mm).

http://forum.arcadeotaku.com/viewtopic.php?p=471432#p470829

I'm going to try the 5/8" lock from paradise and see if I can't jimmy-rig a hold-down bracket.

There's also pretty extensive measurements there, of the hold-down bracket that bolts to the lock.

Let me know how it goes when you're done- that's one of the few projects I have left to do on my cab.

Opethian

Basara's Blade Keeper
10 Year Member
my problem with the panel locks were "S" shaped tangs I was never able to find the perfect height. it is a 5/8" radial lock. I ended up asking on the forums and bought a pair from an existing neo candy cab.,

NoAffinity

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Let me know how it goes when you're done- that's one of the few projects I have left to do on my cab.
The locks fit fine. I was thinking maybe a pci slot cover for a computer case could be bent appropriately and work. The standard hole for a screw to secure the slot cover isn't big enough to be bolted to the locks. Maybe with dremeling or whatever but it's a bit down on the project list.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

radiantsvgun

They call him Mr. Windy
15 Year Member
The locks fit fine. I was thinking maybe a pci slot cover for a computer case could be bent appropriately and work. The standard hole for a screw to secure the slot cover isn't big enough to be bolted to the locks. Maybe with dremeling or whatever but it's a bit down on the project list.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Thanks, ordered some of the locks for the cp and the front door. I'm still working on jimmy-rigging a bracket too. If I come up with a solution I'll let you know.

juci

n00b
Really hope to join the neo candy club one day, i havent seen many neo candys in australia but im only really chasing the super neo 29 with the 4 slot marquee inserts :p.

radiantsvgun

They call him Mr. Windy
15 Year Member
I have installed the locks, but they are not quite as long as the previous ones. I'll have to go to hope depot and get some washers. Also going to take the latch to home depot and hopefully find something close I can use.

NoAffinity

Kuroko's Training Dummy
I have installed the locks, but they are not quite as long as the previous ones. I'll have to go to hope depot and get some washers. Also going to take the latch to home depot and hopefully find something close I can use.

I finally got around to giving a go at my concept of repurposing a PCI slot cover. I am confident there is no solution more ghetto than this, but it works. Had to widen and lengthen the screw hole on the PCI slot cover with some heavy duty wire cutters, so it would bolt more squarely on. Then bent and cut the top part. Like I said, not very elegant but it works.

Last edited:

Bagheera369

New Challenger
Very nice. That hack is downright professional. If you'd seen some of the other hacks i've seen, working on old operator owned games....well...you'd cry yourself to sleep!

Also, as an aside, got to join the Neo Candy club for the 2nd time today....Originally had a beat to hell Super Neo 29, that I got functioning and clean....but am picking up my Neo Candy 29 today, fully working with all doors...which is a rarity at my house. I saw those S shaped lock latches today for the first time.

juci

n00b
I recently picked up a super neo 29 candy, I put an add up and much to my surprise someone contacted me and I bought it for a good price.

I'll post some pictures soon, it has the 12 button layout does anyone have the cut file for the 8 button cp for neo Geo?

May be willing to trade with someone if I can't find one or have to design it myself :).

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
Brought home my first candy cab yesterday, a Neo 29. It has sanwa hardware so I want to switch to ls32s. Do the Neo 29 accept current production splates or do they use a older style. Was going to place order today.
Thanks

daskrabs

Ace Ghost Pilot
10 Year Member
Brought home my first candy cab yesterday, a Neo 29. It has sanwa hardware so I want to switch to ls32s. Do the Neo 29 accept current production splates or do they use a older style. Was going to place order today.
Thanks

My Neo Candy 29 only accepts the older style. Might be same panel. You might wanna consider getting 2lb Sanwa springs instead of swapping the sticks altogether, assuming you want a tighter feel than stock Sanwa.

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
I just really hate sanwa, I'm about that seimitsu life.
I have one old style so I might just have another made at the machine shop I work at
Thanks

radiantsvgun

They call him Mr. Windy
15 Year Member
I just really hate sanwa, I'm about that seimitsu life.
I have one old style so I might just have another made at the machine shop I work at
Thanks

Should be able to mount them. For a lot of the Neo candy cabinets they were the default stick. The Neo 25 I have came with seimitsus. I think I have LS56 in there now, they actually feel too stiff.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Should be able to mount them. For a lot of the Neo candy cabinets they were the default stick. The Neo 25 I have came with seimitsus. I think I have LS56 in there now, they actually feel too stiff.

I put Seimitsu LS-38s in my Neo Candy 29. I think they're a nice balance between 32 and 56 in terms of stiffness.

radiantsvgun

They call him Mr. Windy
15 Year Member
I put Seimitsu LS-38s in my Neo Candy 29. I think they're a nice balance between 32 and 56 in terms of stiffness.

Where did you get yours? When I was looking everyone was sold out of 38s and 32s. I need the kind that doesn't have the 4 pin.

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
i love ls38, but i think its a bit much for ppl that arent used to it. And its def a work out on your wrist if you play all night. Especailly if your playing smups

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
i love ls38, but i think its a bit much for ppl that arent used to it. And its def a work out on your wrist if you play all night. Especailly if your playing smups

Yeah for shmups I prefer LS32. Everything else, LS38 rules.

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
My friends complain how stiff my sticks are at the meet-up. Then they complain about the gate being octo lol

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
Focus Attack

Yeah, thats where i buy my stuff about 95% of the time, great prices and selection. Just sucks on the ls32 fastner types they do not have the version with the Shaft cover. In the past i just ordered the LS38 and put 32 springs when needed.

jcmorris

New Challenger
Just joined the club! Was blessed with a Neo 29 w/ the 4 mini marquee topper. I looked all over for a few things but haven't found them anywhere:
-Scan of the marquee graphic card (the one with the cross hatch that says neo candy up top). Or the entire top assembly for sale. I would love to be able to switch it out. I have a bunch of full MVS kits and the real marquees are far too large to display in the mini marquee holders.
-Scan of the manual, or manual for sale somewhere. Would love to have on hand for a wiring diagram amongst other reasons.

radiantsvgun

They call him Mr. Windy
15 Year Member
Just joined the club! Was blessed with a Neo 29 w/ the 4 mini marquee topper. I looked all over for a few things but haven't found them anywhere:
-Scan of the marquee graphic card (the one with the cross hatch that says neo candy up top). Or the entire top assembly for sale. I would love to be able to switch it out. I have a bunch of full MVS kits and the real marquees are far too large to display in the mini marquee holders.
-Scan of the manual, or manual for sale somewhere. Would love to have on hand for a wiring diagram amongst other reasons.

Take some pics, if its wired similar to mine I might be able to help you out.

jcmorris

New Challenger
20170809_201059.jpg
Take some pics, if its wired similar to mine I might be able to help you out.
Yeah apparently 2 owners ago (when it was still white) they thought it was a good idea to touch up some marks on the monitor shroud with whiteout :loco::scratch: Im planning on using vinyl dye to restore it along with a Super Neo I picked up for someone else...but not sure if I should do something special to sand or prep that area in particular prior to applying the dye.

Last edited:

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
i like how aged the buttons are on these cabs, the blues look like a retro aqua color