NEW Astro City Club

tzakiel

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Dying to find a new astro city somewhere within 2 hours of washington DC area... reading this thread makes the wait so much harder! Anyone know of anybody selling in this area? I know windy city is getting a bunch of cabs but I can't get to chicago or even half way.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
RiverService has a kit that de-siameses the sega vs cabs. I'll try and dig up the link later.

Mugicha

3t3rn@l n00b,
10 Year Member
Dying to find a new astro city somewhere within 2 hours of washington DC area... reading this thread makes the wait so much harder! Anyone know of anybody selling in this area? I know windy city is getting a bunch of cabs but I can't get to chicago or even half way.

if you really want one you might just have to bite the bullet. I had my first shipped to me from Utah at a cost of $450, that was for the shipping alone. The other 2 cabs I picked up in a group buy and drove 17 hours straight with Kidpanda from Raleigh to New Jersey, he had to drive an extra 3 hours home after he dropped me off.

both of these scenarios are somewhat extreme, but I have yet to see a candy for sale anywhere near me, and I've been looking for 2.5 years now.

edit: http://www.thegameroom.com/arcade-games.shtml

Ken has a NAC listed for $750 on his site, that's where I got my first one from. When I paid my $450 in shipping, Ken set that up, so you might be able to find something cheaper if you look into it yourself. As far as the $750, that's pretty fair in east coast prices, comparable to what you might pay from a private seller out here imo.

too steep? don't wanna pay for shipping? it's up to you. You could always hold out and see if one shows up around you, but even if it does, there's no guarantee you'd get it. Someone could beat you to it, or just have higher priority, (you seem like a nice guy, but even if I was selling any of mine, I got a list of locals that would have first dibs)

that's why I think it's a good idea to buy from Windy gaming or Ken, at least you know for sure you will get it. and I personally trust windy alot more for what it's worth.

Last edited:

Chase023

n00b
Finally finished my New Astro City. Cleaned her up, repainted her (considered repainting it originally using gel coat but too expensive so appliance epoxy it is, even built a paint booth for it lol, also painted the speaker shroud and CP surround with different type of paint than rest of body and the monitor shroud was repainted in auto paint that glitters in sunlight or certain angles by pros which was the only item that wasn't done by me), rewired and all that. I like the outcome.. Clean..

Need now
- 100 Yen Coin ( have an NOS one but waiting to see if I can get it reprinted exactly like the original using polycarbonate decals for extras.)
- Instruction panel art (I think its plastic but need to find one anyhow)
- Side Art needed but I can wait.. Going to find me an original that is almost mint so I can get it scanned and reprinted maybe like the original process.. (silkscreen printing or whatever to get those little dots instead of digital smooth printing seen in many reprinted side arts.) (I have 2 examples of reprints of side arts but still not good enough but maybe i'll cave later)

I used to do a full write up and step by step pics in the old days during my RC phase when doing projects but now not feeling like taking pics every step of the way.. LOL
Sega New Astro City Finished 1.jpg

Here is the original same day brought home from the arcade that went out of business. It really was in bad condition, even worse than the picture shows.
New Astro City Brought Home.jpg

Last edited:

pipes

DO NOT DEAL WITH!!!, DEAL OUTSTANDING!
^
Looks great man, nice work!

What was up with that button layout? Never seen that one before.

Chase023

n00b
I think the button layout was for King of Fighters XIII or something that it had before I bought it. I should of bought the game with it but saved $100 to not have the game.

Also I just made mine stereo, with some JVS wires I bought from someone on another forum.

monads

Mr. Big's Thug
10 Year Member
@Chase023, looks nice dude! Great work. I'd love to get one of these cab's someday.

Don

Camel Slug
I'm just gonna drop this here, I used an astro in the logo

cab club.png

Mugicha

3t3rn@l n00b,
10 Year Member
I totally dig the orange, good stuff Mugi.

thx brother man!

I'm just gonna drop this here, I used an astro in the logo

View attachment 10537

I like it! This reminded me that I was tossing around the idea of starting a thread to see where all the candies are located on NG.com. We could chime in on which cabs we've got and where they are located, all across the world even! Obviously our forums contain but a fraction of the candies owned by private collectors, but since I don't really use other forums, I don't care where their cabs are :p

I dunno just a thought.

Westcb

Give an Azn, A Break Here!,
Just grabbed one out of a filthy warehouse in TN! It actually is one I played before about 3 years ago and I tried everything to track it down and hit a dead end. Well got a tip from a local member and flew down to it (was only 15 mins from my house). It was missing the back plate and front access door. I paid 150 and said if it ever tuned up would you let me know and he said he would. I was looking at some other games and sure enough found them. Got home and the monitor is dead of course and needs new sticks and buttons. Speakers work good and power supply seems to be working well. I don't see any screen burn so hopefully the Toshiba tube is ok. No keys for the locks which are all missing but the one on the coin box. I did find about 5 bucks worth of quarters so far just thrown around inside it. Also found a new instruction manual still in the bag which was nice but useless since I can't read Japanese. But the best part is the fully working Japanese dragon blaze pcb that was inside! Now this thing is going to take a lot of work to look good enough to bring inside but I'm no stranger to cleaning candies up so I have got high hopes of it turning out pretty nice. I'm thinking I should start with caps and a fly and see what happens, according to online info it should be a nanao 27 inch chassis, not sure of it's a 8 or 9 I'll have to remove it to try and find a model number. Does anybody know where to get a flyback for these style monitors? And a place to get a high quality CPO for it? I'll update with finished pics when I hunt down all the stuff I need.ImageUploadedByTapatalk1391016026.753522.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1391016048.134609.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1391016063.085417.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1391016090.454885.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1391016111.921638.jpg

Lemony Vengeance

Mitt Romney's Hairdresser,
You're doing the gaming lord's work mate. best of luck. Please let me know if I can be of assistance!

Chempop

BESTEST Buttrider in chat.Officially No.10 at Schm
NICE! Dragon Blaze alone was worth the price, and you got a fixer-upper for free. Good luck with the restoration.

Westcb

Give an Azn, A Break Here!,
Thanks, started cleaning out the cab, dirty doesn't describe it, happy to see it is wired stereo. The control panel is jacked up, I may need a new panel someone drilled a jlf sideways into with screw heads sticking out on top of the panel. Got the marquee light working but my shroud has yellowed to almost a brown :-) any suggestions where to find a 2 player panel? Ordered a chrome coin slot from Alberto and a cap kit to try and get the chassis going. I got two new jlf sticks here but they don't seem to line up with the mounting brackets but I have some universal plates coming so I may end up having to use those. I see Jason has the side art for sell on his site and a CPO but have you guys tried to paint your cab? If so what was the results was it work it or do you regret it? I probably don't want to paint the entire cab ( I don't mind the back and sides being a little beat but the front could use some touch up if not a complete repaint.

Lemony Vengeance

Mitt Romney's Hairdresser,
Thanks, started cleaning out the cab, dirty doesn't describe it, happy to see it is wired stereo. The control panel is jacked up, I may need a new panel someone drilled a jlf sideways into with screw heads sticking out on top of the panel. Got the marquee light working but my shroud has yellowed to almost a brown :-) any suggestions where to find a 2 player panel? Ordered a chrome coin slot from Alberto and a cap kit to try and get the chassis going. I got two new jlf sticks here but they don't seem to line up with the mounting brackets but I have some universal plates coming so I may end up having to use those. I see Jason has the side art for sell on his site and a CPO but have you guys tried to paint your cab? If so what was the results was it work it or do you regret it? I probably don't want to paint the entire cab ( I don't mind the back and sides being a little beat but the front could use some touch up if not a complete repaint.

I have a 2L6B panel that needs a new overlay.. interested?