NEW Astro City Club

Westcb

Give an Azn, A Break Here!,
Well got my Astro almost finished. I need a rear monitor service door and put on one more lock (never could locate a key for the Astro locks so had to use 5575. Cab has been scrubbed top to bottom and repainted. All it needs now is proper sideart (chintosoccer is working on this) and or I might try out one of psykicks Art packages when he's available. Here is the before ImageUploadedByTapatalk1432563083.939597.jpg
And here it is now.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1432563115.739219.jpg
I had to print a move strip card as this one didn't have one. It looks ok lacks some of the silver.ImageUploadedByTapatalk1432563163.274228.jpg
And here is the Astro lineup as they sit.ImageUploadedByTapatalk1432563190.374384.jpg

Westcb

Teaser..... ImageUploadedByTapatalk1440174612.585158.jpg
Just a test print, small run, not absolute perfect but gradient is there and color is off a bit, will try to get a little closer. I'll have a couple extra sets, will sell at cost plus shipping for U.S. Guys if you any of you want that had expressed interest before. This is the best repro set I have seen to date, if there is better let me know. The top one on the pic is a sticker that mostly survived in the removal so side by side you can tell its way closer then those forest green ones out there.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Hey Wes, I got the "Buriki One" CP from CodeCrank, can't thank you enough guys! I'm definitely interested in the art for the NAC, sign me up!

Westcb

Hey Wes, I got the "Buriki One" CP from CodeCrank, can't thank you enough guys! I'm definitely interested in the art for the NAC, sign me up!

Ok got ya down, chinto could probably get more made but neither of us want to really deal with selling them as its not for profit and there is Risk in things getting damaged/lost in shipping from Guatemala to here so trying to keep it small. You my friend are covered though. He's helping to get the color a little more neon for the final print. No guarantees it will be perfect but if your ok with how it looks now then you won't be disappointed especially if it improves.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
I'm all up for it, even the ones in the pic look great, I'm down for whatever comes, it'll definitely be an improvement over my current decals.

Thanks BTW, I really appreciate it.

Last edited:

KingJavo

Rugal's Thug
10 Year Member
Well got my Astro almost finished. I need a rear monitor service door and put on one more lock (never could locate a key for the Astro locks so had to use 5575. Cab has been scrubbed top to bottom and repainted. All it needs now is proper sideart (chintosoccer is working on this) and or I might try out one of psykicks Art packages when he's available. Here is the before

Nice work! Let me know of you ever want to sell any Astro's! LOL

I'm actually buying 2 Candy Cabs and would love to learn what you did to get yours so CLEAN! I'm going to want to make them look like new, if possible but I'm not sure how best to clean and/or paint the cabs to get the job done.

chinitosoccer

Camel Slug
You have done an excellent job James! do they have their original wiring looms?? forum user "dragonlee" said he was looking into the possibility of selling AC wiring looms and other bits for both NAC and AC, I'm looking for a illimuniation tube holder, coin ramp and coin bucket.

Westcb

Nice work! Let me know of you ever want to sell any Astro's! LOL

I'm actually buying 2 Candy Cabs and would love to learn what you did to get yours so CLEAN! I'm going to want to make them look like new, if possible but I'm not sure how best to clean and/or paint the cabs to get the job done.

Sorry I actually just sold A old style Astro and a Netcity when I moved. Here is my current lineup of cabs.ImageUploadedByTapatalk1440205415.767246.jpg
You see one Astro not on that pic, psu died. It didn't have service or credit buttons but it did have a 3.3 V line which was nice if you wanted to run a Naomi etc. So rancor offered up a Astro psu for free (well 45 buck shipping) but it got here in like 5 days from Japan so not bad. This one is putting out steady 5v and 12v line is just a tad under but you don't need 12v as dialed in as 5v so it's working pretty good. Has a board on the back though not sure what that is here is a pic in case anyone knows ImageUploadedByTapatalk1440205637.402035.jpg

Chintosoccer: yeah AC wiring was a little hacked up but not bad on this one, I got it all sorted out. All it needs is that sweet art you getting printed then it will be good to go.

ahcmetal

Super Spy Agent
10 Year Member
Ok got ya down, chinto could probably get more made but neither of us want to really deal with selling them as its not for profit and there is Risk in things getting damaged/lost in shipping from Guatemala to here so trying to keep it small. You my friend are covered though. He's helping to get the color a little more neon for the final print. No guarantees it will be perfect but if your ok with how it looks now then you won't be disappointed especially if it improves.

Whoa, that's pretty slick looking. I'm working with a graphic artist right now as well to try to get an exact replica printed as well. How much are yours going for, I wouldn't mind picking one up!

Chempop

BESTEST Buttrider in chat.Officially No.10 at Schm
Nice setup Westcb, 7.5/10, needs more (and better) vert shooters! I look forward to that new side-art and not being able to see it, as your cabs are all next to one another :lolz:

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Awesome set up! Hey Wes, I see your Aero is boosted a touch higher, what did you use? My Aero sits lower than my NAC and I'd like them to match heights on the CP.

Westcb

Awesome set up! Hey Wes, I see your Aero is boosted a touch higher, what did you use? My Aero sits lower than my NAC and I'd like them to match heights on the CP.

I put rolling casters under the aero, gives me a little more height I wanted, and makes moving little tank around much easier :-)

Westcb

Nice setup Westcb, 7.5/10, needs more (and better) vert shooters! I look forward to that new side-art and not being able to see it, as your cabs are all next to one another :lolz:

I got lots of vert shooters, just been on a hori shooter kick lately :-) and you know as well as anybody that "I know it's there" so it needs the right art. I'll scale back to 1 of a kind on cabs eventually and or spread cabs out and it's very visible. Just been pre-occupied though with pins lately too. Avengers got a lot of hate upon release but once it's all setup and dialed in it's great. It's already modded out to the nines so only thing left is adding a sub.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1440303305.954286.jpg
I did just get a smash TV board and Codecrank is sending me a panel and let me use his custom graphic so I will be playing that for a bit on the Astro next, but afterwards I'll flip some screens Tate mode just for you chemdream :-)
I did finish one harness tonight in preparation for it and got to use a 2L 12B panel to test it in 1 player mode tonight using both sticks. Worked great and can't wait to give this a run for score challenging as it remembers the high scores and Fox1 just burned revision 5 roms so they were wiped anyways so now I get to just watch my own scores improve.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1440303597.209664.jpg

Westcb

So I rotated a NAC last night to play more vert shmups (that's for you chempop) and decided the NAC speakers need more bass. Took the subwoofer off a Jambo Safari cab I had been gutting and a cheap 2.1 amp. Wired in a quick 2amp connector and tested. Realized its way too much bass so turned it way down and hid the sub behind the coin box in the bottom of the cab. Now the bass is much deeper and adds a lot more to the music and especially the explosions, best part ran me about 29 bucks for all parts :-)
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1440525456.689919.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1440525476.474600.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1440525489.963625.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1440525499.925142.jpg

Last edited:

Chempop

BESTEST Buttrider in chat.Officially No.10 at Schm
MMMMMMM Galuda, now we’re talking! One of CAVE's best imho.

delti90

Cheng's Errand Boy
I guess I can join this club! I eventually need to tear this thing apart and paint it, but here's the Astro I picked up from VT. I cleaned it out and rewired it for now. When I have more time I'll look into painting the thing. Right now I'm running Darksofts CPS2 Multi in it.

kzLJAJd.jpg

mikemann

Quiz Detective
Just got one myself!

Would like to find a 1L6P panel for it and need to find a PCB Rail Mount Bracket

Westcb

Got a jamma snes thanks to Lemony Vengance. iPhone pics don't do the picture quality justice but now I finally have some decent Tetris games to play on a cab!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1441233487.055257.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1441233497.972195.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1441233506.388177.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1441233514.722286.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1441233523.056172.jpg