Nintendo announces its "Flashback" NES Console The NES Classic Edition

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Just ordered one from best buy, think i might go try and find an extra controller tomorrow.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Oooh I didn't know they were getting controllers in too. I need one.

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
Are you selling an NES that isn't ridiculously overpriced?

Nope, still have the one I got as a kid. How can a NES be overpriced? There are millions of them and it's a shit system with maybe a dozen fun games.

Tech&Music

Another Striker
Nope, still have the one I got as a kid. How can a NES be overpriced? There are millions of them and it's a shit system with maybe a dozen fun games.

Because everyone and their dog thinks the NES must be a gold mine with all the 80s nostalgia being flung around on TV. I've seen people ask $100 or more for shitty condition ones.

madmanjock

Bare AES Handler
20 Year Member
Yup and you get fuckers spending hundreds on the analogue NT thingy as well.

I have a NES Classic as I never had one growing up. I was a Master System kid, which was way more popular in Europe than the NES was. Pity me thinking Golden Axe Warrior was the shit, instead of just being shit, and not being aware that Zelda even existed.

Anyone found a decent wireless third party NES Classic controller? Like these:https://msxbuytradesell.co.uk/products/nintendo-classic-mini-wireless-controller-nes-mini

madman

I have a NES Classic as I never had one growing up. I was a Master System kid, which was way more popular in Europe than the NES was. Pity me thinking Golden Axe Warrior was the shit, instead of just being shit, and not being aware that Zelda even existed.
SMS instead of a NES, typical Ali Express madman behavior. You started young.

madmanjock

Bare AES Handler
20 Year Member
SMS instead of a NES, typical Ali Express madman behavior. You started young.

Techincally it was my older brother's Master System. But we enjoyed playing Ninja Gaiden, Prince of Persia, Action Fighter, Alex Kidd and Double Dragon on it. Edit - we had more games, but alot of them sucked.

I got a Megadrive 2 whenever the Lion King came out... it was that bundle with the Lion King game and Mega Games Vol 1. If I knew shit about consoles back then I probably would have waited for the 32 bit era, but I was still a kid and hadn't even got my first pube yet.

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
]

Golden Axe Warrior was awesome.

itsofrustratin

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
I got a system today, the EB games near me had about 40 but only 5 controllers. The controllers will remain hard to find for quite some time but the consoles should become pretty easy to find. If anybody wants one, just visit your local target, gamespot etc today and very good chance you will get one.

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
NES is rolling the mini craze back too far in time. Although it's the one that kicked things off. 16bit is the sweet spot for me and I had an atari, nes, etc.

madmanjock

Bare AES Handler
20 Year Member
No one. I played Neutopia recently and, Zelda or not, it's great, period. Whoever dismissed a game, because it's a 'clone' can't be a Neo fan either.

I only have happy memories of Golden Axe Warrior, but I’m worried revisting it would be ill advised. When I was a kid I played some bad games as I knew no better, but maybe this one was actually good.

Last edited:

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
The 7800 is Ataris best system

Only because it is backwards compatible with 2600. As far as its own library it's mostly decent but outdated arcade ports. The 2600's original library shits all over it.

Pitfall, River Raid, Yars' Revenge, Adventure, Kaboom, Dodge Em, Haunted House, etc.

madman

Only because it is backwards compatible with 2600. As far as its own library it's mostly decent but outdated arcade ports. The 2600's original library shits all over it.

Pitfall, River Raid, Yars' Revenge, Adventure, Kaboom, Dodge Em, Haunted House, etc.

Plz don't encourage him to post here by replying to his pleas for attention.

mr_b

Windjammers Wonder
10 Year Member
I was able to snag one with an extra controller from the Best Buy near my house. Good times tonight.