Nintendo Switch

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
Who own sam sho physical cart? I picked up the usa cart from best buy and the dlc doesnt work.

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
Who picked up Catherine for the Switch? Anything off about it? May end up getting it for this system as I feel the puzzle elements are awesome for portable systems

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
Anybody here about this game Hotshot Racing? Last I heard it was supposed to come out in June but I haven’t heard a peep in awhile. Looks pretty awesome to me.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
Who picked up Catherine for the Switch? Anything off about it? May end up getting it for this system as I feel the puzzle elements are awesome for portable systems

I got the PS4 version a while back but am also tempted on the Switch one for the same reasons. Reviews generally seem to say it's good tech-wise.

ggallegos1

10 Year Member
I got the PS4 version a while back but am also tempted on the Switch one for the same reasons. Reviews generally seem to say it's good tech-wise.

Good to hear, I'm tired of performance-gimped Switch ports simply for a benefit of being portable. I was burned with Bloodstained last time.

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
Good to hear, I'm tired of performance-gimped Switch ports simply for a benefit of being portable. I was burned with Bloodstained last time.

Is Bloodstained even a demanding game?

I get a lot of use out of my Switch because of the first party games, but I just can't shake that it's a rebranded nVidia Shield.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
Oh yeah i remember that! Did that eventually become Hotshot Racing - or are these 2 separate games?

Wish I knew, buddy. My experience w/ 90s Arcade Racer, is limited. My buddy sent me a YouTube vid of it 5 yrs ago, as the reason to get a WiiU.

5 yrs on, I think the game is KickStarter vaporware.

ggallegos1

10 Year Member
Is Bloodstained even a demanding game?

I get a lot of use out of my Switch because of the first party games, but I just can't shake that it's a rebranded nVidia Shield.
It's not a demanding game at all, but the switch version suffers from crashes and slowdown. My game randomly crashed on my probably 4 or 5 times throughout the playthrough.

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
90s Arcade Racer became 90s Super GP when they moved it from WiiU to Switch. Nicalis bought the Dev and shelved the game. They moved the team to make a crappy beat em up.

Essentially they took a bunch of Kickstarter money and the games never coming out.

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
I'm not normally a sports fan, but this upcoming Captain Tsubasa Soccer game looks pretty amazing. I had to throw down on a pre order for this one.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
giphy.gif

Mr. Mort

Another Striker
Anybody here about this game Hotshot Racing? Last I heard it was supposed to come out in June but I haven’t heard a peep in awhile. Looks pretty awesome to me.

They had a closed beta 2 weeks ago on Steam, and I took part in it. I liked it. It’s nothing ground-breaking, but what’s there is solid. It’s a good old-fashioned arcade-style racing game with flat-shaded polygons. Has a drift/nitro mechanic, good controls, nice track and scenery variety, but as I said, it’s not reinventing the wheel.

Last edited:

neo_mao

15 Year Member
90s Arcade Racer became 90s Super GP when they moved it from WiiU to Switch. Nicalis bought the Dev and shelved the game. They moved the team to make a crappy beat em up.

Essentially they took a bunch of Kickstarter money and the games never coming out.

Ah I missed this, well that sucks. Hope you didn’t get burned with the KS.

They had a closed beta 2 weeks ago on Steam, and I took part in it. I liked it. It’s nothing ground-breaking, but what’s there is solid. It’s a good old-fashioned arcade-style racing game with flat-shaded polygons. Has a drift/nitro mechanic, good controls, nice track and scenery variety, but as I said, it’s not reinventing the wheel.

Sounds good to me, just want a fun racing game other than Mario Kart and Virtua Racing. Any ETA on the release date?

neo_mao

15 Year Member
Also, any good rail shooters on Switch (other than Panzer Dragoon - which I am still not feeling great about and uninstalled because it took up so much space).

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
Panzer D for Switch was patched recently...and still doesn’t lock on as good as the Saturn rev.

Fucking A, I want my money back.

neo_mao

15 Year Member
Panzer D for Switch was patched recently...and still doesn’t lock on as good as the Saturn rev.

Fucking A, I want my money back.

Me too - just feels weird to me. It wasn’t cheap either, like $20 or $25 I think. Hope they get it right for Zwei...

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
Anyone playing Deadly Premonition 2: A Blessing in Disguise? I'm pretty torn on it so far. I finally played through the original game, geez, maybe a year ago or even less, and I ended up really liking it. I get why it has the cult following it does. And ABiD is basically more of the same, including all of the old game's flaws plus more. It runs horrendously, even after a patch that Swery claimed was supposed to improve performance significantly. And the characters, generally the reason to play the game, are... not good. Really leans into some bizarre stereotypes and detracts from what should be a strength. Also has a strange self-awareness (not the good kind) and overemphasizes some of the quirks that were nuanced and enjoyable in the first one (i.e. York mentions movies way more often than in the first one, and other characters are into the same or similar).

ggallegos1

10 Year Member
Grandia HD Collection physical release on LRG tomorrow for pre-order