Of all videogames to never get a movie treatment...

Earthquake24

Dodgeball Yakuza
Contra has to be near the top of the list.

contra.gif

Sly and Schwartzenegger doing battle with Red Falcon and its alien army. How did Konami get away from any lawsuits using those likenesses? :tickled:

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
I couldn't see it happening.

Though I am surprised there was never an Earnest Evans or Eswat movie. I think both would be prime Hollywood material. I don't know.

r6ah.jpg

8bic.jpg

hyper

fresh out of fucks
10 Year Member
I was thinking load runner

That or Yo! Noid

2D_mastur

Is he greater than XD Master?
10 Year Member
Still waiting for a Final Fight movie. With this "grindhouse" stuff being so popular, it could get a green light.... shit just throw in a bunch of College on the soundtrack and you got a certain cult classic.

Tyranix95

Chang's Grocer
Still waiting for a Final Fight movie. With this "grindhouse" stuff being so popular, it could get a green light.... shit just throw in a bunch of College on the soundtrack and you got a certain cult classic.

+1

--

It would be kinda funny to cause STREETS OF FIRE inspired the game.

Last edited:

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
Metal Gear is going to take Hollywoods big sweaty cock next.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
I remember a Final Fight movie being posted here a few years ago, not sure if it was kickstarter or not. What was shown was incredibly amateur that wouldn't have done the game any justice, to be honest.

There's a pretty cool fan trailer of a fake Contra movie made splicing up different movies set to the tune of More Human Than Human. I liked it. Find it on youtube because I can't.

Earthquake24

Dodgeball Yakuza
I remember a Final Fight movie being posted here a few years ago, not sure if it was kickstarter or not. What was shown was incredibly amateur that wouldn't have done the game any justice, to be honest.

There's a pretty cool fan trailer of a fake Contra movie made splicing up different movies set to the tune of More Human Than Human. I liked it. Find it on youtube because I can't.

Found it!

Here is another :buttrock:

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Hope they never taint the Contra legacy by releasing a movie.

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
I kinda wanted to see The Rock in Spy Hunter. I love that fucking game, it'd be all the impossible stunts from a Fast and Furious movie with a James Bond car with all the gadgets. I also wanted to see that fan made movie of River City Ransom. Some guys were playing it at a convention I went to and I got to see the part where the one guy's yelling, "You THREW brass knuckles at me!?? WHY!?!"

Hot Chocolate

No Longer Yung, No Longer Raoul,
20 Year Member
tumblr_ma4gdhSFsx1rg1xluo1_500.jpg

Taiso

Remembers The North
20 Year Member

This is a fucking great idea. Fantasy is huge right now, and if made properly, this would be a huge hit.

I'd like to see a Ninja Gaiden movie get made, myself. Or a Strider movie. Something with ninjas and crazy action.

I wouldn't want to see a movie made of any game that already lends itself to a cinematic presentation. So no Uncharted, no The Last of Us, etc. Give us movies where anything can happen. Movies where anything can happen and that aren't restricted by the grounded storytelling of their sources.

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
cyber lip.
do it all tokyo gore police style with the giant old man head penis boss and blood everywhere.

Tarma

Old Man
20 Year Member
I'd go see an Out Run movie.

Dunno what route they'd take to make it though.

Disney to make a feature length New Zealand Story movie :)