Of all videogames to never get a movie treatment...

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
Believe it or not but both Spy Hunter and Joust were to have movies. I think both of them fell apart when Midway did so they never came out. I heard they were going to do Joust like a b-movie but keep it serious.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Believe it or not but both Spy Hunter and Joust were to have movies. I think both of them fell apart when Midway did so they never came out. I heard they were going to do Joust like a b-movie but keep it serious.

Wasn't Dwayne Johnson linked with the Spy Hunter movie?

Zenimus

Zantetsu's Blade Sharpener
I wouldn't want to see a movie made of any game that already lends itself to a cinematic presentation. So no Uncharted, no The Last of Us, etc. Give us movies where anything can happen. Movies where anything can happen and that aren't restricted by the grounded storytelling of their sources.

MV5BNDc3OTQ1OTkwNV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMzUzOTUxMQ@@._V1_SY317_CR5,0,214,317_.jpg

That happened already. :) Although personally I'm one of the seeming few that actually loved it. It was creative and fun. People who moan that it has nothing to do with the games should really examine how little the game gave filmmakers to work with.

Definitely doesn't get enough respect.

Tarma

Old Man
20 Year Member
Duck Hunt - The Movie.

Never saw that one coming, eh?

Normdog

Kula's Diamond
10 Year Member
This is a fucking great idea. Fantasy is huge right now, and if made properly, this would be a huge hit.

I wonder what that Joust movie (that MJ mentioned) would've been like if it had been made.

I'd like to see a Ninja Gaiden movie get made, myself. Or a Strider movie. Something with ninjas and crazy action.

I'd definitely watch those movies.

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
I suppose they already did an Eswat movie called Robocop too right? Sheesh.

I just don't get the idea of making a movie based on a game that is already ripping off a movie....I guess you can also make a video game version of that movie too. It'd be level 5 meta.

Jeneki

Enemy Chaser
keithcouragebox.jpg

The player controls Keith Courage. Struck by a giant meteor, the world, in the game, has been invaded by creatures from another planet. Burrowing deep within the Earth's surface, the planet of B.A.D. (Beastly Alien Dudes) seeks to take over the world. As a member of N.I.C.E. (Nations of International Citizens for Earth), Keith's mission is to defeat B.A.D. and bring peace to the world. Armed with a sword, Keith must first defeat the outpost guards. Then, enter the Underworld. Here Keith activates the awesome Nova Suit. A secret force left to him by his fallen father, he is half man, half mechanical monster. Nearly invincible, his sword cracks with the power of lightning, as you wreak havoc on the fearsome Dudes. His goal is to reach the Robo Zone (the seventh Alpha Zone), headquarters of B.A.D. Succeed here and the player will win the game, recapturing the Earth and restoring humanity's place in the universe. Four friends offer Keith advice, swords, bombs, and extra lives. The player's goal is to collect the stolen riches left behind by the invaders and buy your way out of trouble with money.

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
keithcouragebox.jpg

The player controls Keith Courage. Struck by a giant meteor, the world, in the game, has been invaded by creatures from another planet. Burrowing deep within the Earth's surface, the planet of B.A.D. (Beastly Alien Dudes) seeks to take over the world. As a member of N.I.C.E. (Nations of International Citizens for Earth), Keith's mission is to defeat B.A.D. and bring peace to the world. Armed with a sword, Keith must first defeat the outpost guards. Then, enter the Underworld. Here Keith activates the awesome Nova Suit. A secret force left to him by his fallen father, he is half man, half mechanical monster. Nearly invincible, his sword cracks with the power of lightning, as you wreak havoc on the fearsome Dudes. His goal is to reach the Robo Zone (the seventh Alpha Zone), headquarters of B.A.D. Succeed here and the player will win the game, recapturing the Earth and restoring humanity's place in the universe. Four friends offer Keith advice, swords, bombs, and extra lives. The player's goal is to collect the stolen riches left behind by the invaders and buy your way out of trouble with money.
That did have a anime :rolleyes:

Alpha Skyhawk

Windjammers Wonder
View attachment 6189

That happened already. :) Although personally I'm one of the seeming few that actually loved it. It was creative and fun. People who moan that it has nothing to do with the games should really examine how little the game gave filmmakers to work with.

Definitely doesn't get enough respect.

I'm right there with you. I thought the movie was brilliant, and I wish the sequel got made. Super Mario Bros. 2 (USA) in movie form in the same vein as the first movie would have blown minds left and right.

Jeneki

Enemy Chaser
That (Keith Courage) did have a anime :rolleyes:
An anime is not the same thing as Hollywood made movie that's closer to the whacked-out NA version. Just think of the possibilities! :lolz:

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
If Keith Courage gets a movie, then so doesn't Monster Party.

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
An anime is not the same thing as Hollywood made movie that's closer to the whacked-out NA version. Just think of the possibilities! :lolz:
Make it a b-flick and call it day ;)

Steve

The Wonder Years,
Harvest Moon

But seriously, my vote goes to BLACKTHORNE. I think that could make for a SICK movie adaptation.
And Shadowrun

AppleiDog

Shamrock Chatster
15 Year Member
Still waiting for a Final Fight movie. With this "grindhouse" stuff being so popular, it could get a green light.... shit just throw in a bunch of College on the soundtrack and you got a certain cult classic.

If it was done in the same style as Drive and Cody could be played very well by Ryan Gosling.

2Heed

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
20 Year Member
I suppose they already did an Eswat movie called Robocop too right? Sheesh.

I've never seen it, but I'm sure that was no coincidence.

Well, because of his bloody life, it couldn't have been one, what with him getting involved in so many of the troubles.

The "frozen" smiling expression on Keith's face at the end of that opening is truly unsettling.

Last edited: