offical wwe thread

Alpha Skyhawk

Windjammers Wonder
So apparently WWE was using an "APPLAUSE" sign on the video boards at Wrestlemania. Like they're on a public access talk show or some shit.

When was the last time a wrestling promotion did that?

Fuck, that's probably the reason this past Wrestlemania wasn't utterly devoid of energy like the past few.

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
So apparently WWE was using an "APPLAUSE" sign on the video boards at Wrestlemania. Like they're on a public access talk show or some shit.

When was the last time a wrestling promotion did that?

Fuck, that's probably the reason this past Wrestlemania wasn't utterly devoid of energy like the past few.

Yeah, I'm not surprised by that. It's not like they haven't used the fake flash bulb strips or whatever they're called.

All part of the production now.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Yeah, I'm not one to take pictures of much but I do miss the crazy times with flash cameras all around, it just made things seem way more above than they truly were. The best effect will always be the crowd and only when the sentiment it's sincere. Now days everyone is eager to make them dumb chants "this is awesome!" way before anything awesome is actually happening, bunch of fucken fanboys...

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
Yep. And of course they like to pump in fake crowd noise.
Which is overwhelmingly evident in every episode of Smackdown. Love it when there's a 'chant' going and the camera pans into the crowd sitting on their hands.

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
I still remember the first time I went to a television event, looking up at all these cords hanging above the ring and wondering why they were there???

Whoever came to the ring with flashes everywhere and I was like, no shit...clever.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
"As noted yesterday, TNA is in the process of moving from their offices at Cummins Station in Nashville to the ShopTNA warehouse. The public story, as reported by PWInsider, was that the move had been planned for some time as part of cost cutting. The real story, as reported by Dave Meltzer on Wrestling Observer radio, is that they are being evicted by building management and their only choice is to move into the warehouse. Dixie Carter’s Trifecta public relations company has been at Cummins stations for years before she got involved with TNA so this should give you an idea of just how bad TNA’s money troubles are. TNA has until the end of the month to move out. Keep in mind that they had recently moved out of the third-floor office into the basement at Cummins station where the TV equipment was.

TNA does have an investor that is willing to put money into the company but they want controlling interest and that’s not what Dixie Carter wants but she may not have a choice at this point. The idea was to negotiate it down so Dixie could maintain 51% and majority share of the company but it’s hard to see how she has any leverage if they want to continue. The company needs to raise money if they want to be able to pay for airfare for the next TV tapings in Orlando.

The hits kept on coming for TNA as they were informed yesterday that the Tuesday night replay would be dropped. A press release was sent to us by TNA on Monday night announcing the change. The purpose of the replay in the first place was to allow west coast viewers to watch the show at 9pm since Pop TV does not have a staggered feed. If you are on the west coast then you would need to watch the show at 6pm local time or watch the Saturday morning replay at 11:30am eastern/8:30am pacific. The movie “Ghost Writer” is taking the Impact replay timeslot tonight."

Good god, just sell the company already you crosseyed bitch

Last edited:

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
"As noted yesterday, TNA is in the process of moving from their offices at Cummins Station in Nashville to the ShopTNA warehouse. The public story, as reported by PWInsider, was that the move had been planned for some time as part of cost cutting. The real story, as reported by Dave Meltzer on Wrestling Observer radio, is that they are being evicted by building management and their only choice is to move into the warehouse. Dixie Carter’s Trifecta public relations company has been at Cummins stations for years before she got involved with TNA so this should give you an idea of just how bad TNA’s money troubles are. TNA has until the end of the month to move out. Keep in mind that they had recently moved out of the third-floor office into the basement at Cummins station where the TV equipment was.

TNA does have an investor that is willing to put money into the company but they want controlling interest and that’s not what Dixie Carter wants but she may not have a choice at this point. The idea was to negotiate it down so Dixie could maintain 51% and majority share of the company but it’s hard to see how she has any leverage if they want to continue. The company needs to raise money if they want to be able to pay for airfare for the next TV tapings in Orlando.

The hits kept on coming for TNA as they were informed yesterday that the Tuesday night replay would be dropped. A press release was sent to us by TNA on Monday night announcing the change. The purpose of the replay in the first place was to allow west coast viewers to watch the show at 9pm since Pop TV does not have a staggered feed. If you are on the west coast then you would need to watch the show at 6pm local time or watch the Saturday morning replay at 11:30am eastern/8:30am pacific. The movie “Ghost Writer” is taking the Impact replay timeslot tonight."

Cummins Station? That sounds appropriate - its run like it's headquartered in a bus station bathroom.

And L-O-FUCKING-L @ being preempted by a 6 year old movie.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
I'd rather watch Ghost Writer than TNA Impact.... If Ghost Writer was the old PBS show that used to be on after Carmen Sandiego.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Lance was so good back in his day. His dedication to the sport was palpable.

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
Greatest Saskatchewan Heavyweight International Title holder ever!

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Finally had to put up with my GF being around while watching Lucha Underground.

Although She was skeptical at first, I could tell she enjoyed the main event (Cage-Nitro-Taya vs Mysterio-Dragon-Ricochet).

JoeAwesome

I survived Secret Santa, It wasn't Easy.,
I know it's about a week late, but is Crazzy Steve meant to be a rip off of Sting?

famicommander

15 Year Member
I know it's about a week late, but is Crazzy Steve meant to be a rip off of Sting?

No, he's just another generic clown wrestler. See: Doink, those ICP retards, the Psycho Cirus, etc. Sting was specifically Heath Ledger's Joker crossed with his long standing Crow-inspired gimmick.

In other news:

TNA's mystery investor is putting money into the product to keep Impact on TV, but has not purchased any of the company yet. The hold up still seems to be who gets majority control. I don't care who the hell it is, they can't be worse than Dixie Carter.

WWE has trademarked the name Shinsuke Nakamura, which is weird because that's his real name.

Moose's ROH contract expires is June. WWE has tried to sign him in the past. Hopefully ROH can keep him, the guy is still improving by significant amounts with every show/set of TV tapings. I think Hathaway as a manager/mouth piece is good for him too.

Ricochet/Prince Puma has been heavily rumored to be leaving NJPW/LU for WWE soon, but he will stay with NJPW at least long enough for the Best of the Super Juniors, meaning he will not participate in WWE's Global Cruiserweight series. That's another guy that I really hope stays put. This guy is perfect for the style of wrestling in the two promotions he's in right now.

Bray Wyatt suffered a calf injury in a match with Reigns on the European tour. He apparently slipped and was unable to finish the match.

LU's King Cuerno reportedly wanted out of his contract recently but appears to be stuck as he is signed to AAA/LU for at least seven LU seasons. Prince Puma is one of the few guys with an out in his deal; he can opt out after a third LU season. If Cuerno really wants out I'd like to see him get out, but I do think he's great in LU.

JoeAwesome

I survived Secret Santa, It wasn't Easy.,
No, he's just another generic clown wrestler. See: Doink, those ICP retards, the Psycho Cirus, etc. Sting was specifically Heath Ledger's Joker crossed with his long standing Crow-inspired gimmick.

I know Crazzy Steve's real name is Steve, but I guess I read too much into his allusions to Sting with Sting's real name. But I guess this explains it, too.

famicommander

15 Year Member
So glad to see Colt Cabana back in ROH. I don't think he'll take the title off Lethal but I think they can have a great match together.

I don't know who is going to take the title off Lethal at this point. They seem to be building Kyle O'Reilly but, as talented as he is, he just isn't all that exciting.

I want to see guys like Dalton Castle and ACH start to move into the title picture. Roddy and Adam Cole could both be transition champions but they both just lost feuds to different members of reDragon. I don't think Moose is ready.

Still want Christopher Daniels to get a world title run. It's criminal he's appeared for both ROH and TNA for most of both companies' existences and never won a world title. But it'd be hard to break up the Addiction; they're a great heel tag team and can have great matches with anyone.

I wouldn't mind seeing Tanahashi and Lethal trade the title back and forth. Let Tanahashi win the belt, hype it up in Japan, have Lethal win it back and then put over a young guy. Spend the interim time buliding Castle, ACH, or maybe Adam Page to take the strap off Lethal by the end of summer.

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
Adam Rose and Konnor suspended

While the press release doesn't offer any specifics, it's clear that Social Outcasts will be down one Radical Mongoose and Viktor will be working Superstars by himself for the next couple months, as WWE today announced the suspensions of Adam Rose and Konnor for their second violation of the Wellness Policy:

STAMFORD, Conn., April 16, 2016 - In accordance with its Talent Wellness Program, WWE has suspended Raymond Leppan (Adam Rose) and Ryan Parmeter (Konnor) each for 60 days effective immediately for a second violation of the company's policy.