Playing shooters as an old man with bad hands

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
I'm finding my handwriting, which was always bad, is getting much worse. I had to fill out some forms a couple of years back on a property sale and the bank rejected the paperwork based on my signature. I phoned them and told them it was insane (I was actually surprised anyone even still checks signatures anymore), but sure enough I checked the signature against an old driving licence from over a decade ago and they were completely different.

Some of that is probably just because we very rarely have to actually handwrite stuff anymore. Also signatures are mostly digital now, I know when I sign for a package or at a checkout etc. my digital signature is nothing like my old proper signature and I have caught myself using the sloppy one on actual paperwork recently.

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
Some of that is probably just because we very rarely have to actually handwrite stuff anymore. Also signatures are mostly digital now, I know when I sign for a package or at a checkout etc. my digital signature is nothing like my old proper signature and I have caught myself using the sloppy one on actual paperwork recently.
I prefer this to my michael j fox theory

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
Yeah, whenever I have forms to fill out by hand, writing is weird.

Jeneki

Enemy Chaser
I just gave Blazing Star a shot because I wanted to participate in SOTM. One very short game and my hand was toast. Ah getting old is fun. I might still participate anyway with auto fire and just never use charge shots.
Check out the Peplos ship with autofire, the damage output is surprisingly good. Thanks to a local buddy for pointing this out to me a while back.

city41

Beast Buster
10 Year Member
Check out the Peplos ship with autofire, the damage output is surprisingly good. Thanks to a local buddy for pointing this out to me a while back.
Oh wow, I had no idea. Thanks for the tip.

city41

Beast Buster
10 Year Member
Turns out GP2040 already has this functionality. Never hurts to look at the docs...

5eKbLYn.png

This is fantastic, it's exactly what I was looking for!

mmsadda

Just buy my shit. Seriously. You can call me Susan
10 Year Member
If you play a PCB on a Jamma cabinet you can do as i do:

You can simply connect the same wire from button "A" to button "C" (for example, and "B" is for bombing) and add a small autofire device only to the ground of button "A".

Now you have Button "A" and "C" to fire but only "A" is autofire, if you hold "C" you can still use the charge function.

It's incredibly easy and effective.
Apologies if you mentioned it and I overlooked, but what auto fire device are you using / what would you recommend?

_rm_

Bead Banger
10 Year Member
Apologies if you mentioned it and I overlooked, but what auto fire device are you using / what would you recommend?
I use this one:

It must be a "simple circuit" like this and not an actual "auto fire device PCB" to allow you to simple duplicate the buttons as i explained. I've been using this for years.