Post Your Recent Purchases!

zaneiken

Zero's Tailor
10 Year Member
Virtual Boy flash cart, with eInk display showing the currently flashed game, and touch buttons on the back to navigate the menu.

IMG_20230921_113302.jpg

IMG_20230921_114739.jpg

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
I've found the HyperFlash32 to ultimately be clunky and unintuitive, it is like 1 notch above an old 90s USB Linker setup, for a single game flash cart. The touch interface needs a USB power source which means you have to keep a USB power brick with your VB suff. Trying to load artwork files correctly is a pain, sometimes doesnt work and I'm finding the e-Ink screen on mine likes to glitch up a lot.

I dunno, for the price, I think an in-game menu would have been nice. The GB Smart Card 64M from 20 years ago has that.

Last edited:

Bar81

Note to self, Place interesting, Custom rank here.
20 Year Member
I got a boxed Vectorman a while back too. I hadn't played it before other than in a store back in the day. It's really impressive, but the graphic style is pretty bland, and so is the gameplay. Very Western-developed feel.

I remember renting View Point on the Genesis back in the day. I liked it and I probably should've given it more credit back then for being a faithful port.
I've never been a huge fan of Vectorman which is why I've been on the fence for so long. It's not a bad game, but it got way more hype than I thought it deserved which turned me off.

This is kind of crazy, but I also picked up a boxed Vectorman recently. It wasn't exactly on my radar, but the box was in perfect condition. It was one of those games that I rented back in the day, but didn't make a huge impression on me at the time. I thought it was graphically impressive for what it was, and also funner than I remember. Not a classic or anything, but a solid title. I kind of want to pick up the sequel now.
From what I've read the sequel is trash. Given that I'm not crazy about the first one I never bothered with the second.

elGRIZZbo

Mr. Big's Thug
Got Mickey's Speedway USA from a local here where I live near Raleigh, NC. He reached out to me requesting a trade for an Official Nintendo Power The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess Player's Guide I had up for sale on Facebook Marketplace. We did a straight up trade without any additional cash as both items have about the same value. This is the last Rareware game I needed for my N64 collections as I already have all the other games from Rare for the system.

IMG_1588.JPG

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
Got Mickey's Speedway USA from a local here where I live near Raleigh, NC. He reached out to me requesting a trade for an Official Nintendo Power The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess Player's Guide I had up for sale on Facebook Marketplace. We did a straight up trade without any additional cash as both items have about the same value. This is the last Rareware game I needed for my N64 collections as I already have all the other games from Rare for the system.

View attachment 68269
Brilliant

NeoTeam546

Cheng's Errand Boy
20 Year Member
Oh wow that's so awesome, The Thing in pan and scan just how it was meant to be seen. Let me guess you watch it on a 14" CRT via RF to keep it extra authentic.

Douche.
lol it was a cheap find
secondly im not a youtuber mark hyping the sales of anything "nostalgic" because im sitting on a hoarder house full of that stuff to sell to sheeple and line my pockets.
third, watching on HDMI upscaling VCR in 4:3 aspect on HDTV