Post Your Recent Purchases!

daytonausa

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
10 Year Member
I mean, movies and CD's haven't been a big part of Best Buy's business for a long time anyway, so that part isn't a huge change. They still have physical games.

The bigger turnoff for me is probably the way they reconfigured the layout of their stores a few years back. The stores now look like a bunch of mall kiosks laid out under one roof. It only reinforces the idea that they're now a glorified smart phone store with some appliances.
It's the only reason Best Buy is still around. They charge a stupid amount of money for every "display" space they sell to manufacturers. They spend millions just to be able to have their crap seen instead of a potentially better manufacturer who either spent less or nothing at all on their display.

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
It's annoying walking in the store and going through a maze to get to where you need to go. Freaking kiosks block your paths and there no employees to be found. They are busy shooting the shit in a corner with friends.
Yeah, I've been going to Best Buy to pickup pre-order games to avoid shipping delays. It's the only reason I've been in any of their stores lately. Unfortunately, yeah, the service can be slow sometimes, and then I think I'd be better off getting it shipped to my door.

city41

Art of Typing Wiz
10 Year Member
It's the only reason Best Buy is still around. They charge a stupid amount of money for every "display" space they sell to manufacturers. They spend millions just to be able to have their crap seen
Anecdotal but every time I've been in a best buy over the past few years I'm usually the only customer. Maybe like one or two other people sometimes.

daytonausa

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
10 Year Member
CPS2 buttons have been claimed and shipped . Please PP me shipping at your convenience.

Today’s haul. 2020 Super Baseball and Ironclad. Ironclad’s shell felt like it was was made of melted down milk cartons. So got a high quality shell to replace it and a new label for it to make it look a bit more official.

I’ve got some rare ones coming in soonish and I’ve already exhausted room on my bookshelf for MVS carts.

Being that I’ve spent a large amount of money and have tons of MVS carts already, I think I’m going to do the only logical thing…..

Buy a new bookshelf. >_>…..

IMG_2875.jpeg

daytonausa

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
10 Year Member
Yeah it’s a pity. At least it’s the original case. I have a source now for my labels which you’ve seen on games like ironclad, 2020 super baseball and kabuki Klash. Might get them to make one for this too.

Nothing wrong with this label condition wise, but I just don’t like the idea of having his shit in my collection. I know a replacement label isn’t much better but at least it’ll look stock.

I did take a closer look after your comments and I don’t think the original label is underneath from what I can tell. I guess I’ll find out though once I start peeling it up.

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
Wow, it's smaller than I thought.

Working great with my 5v AES with all official games I tried.

Metal Slug X working after some cleaning.
161 in 1 works.
Xeno Crisis works.
NGDevTeam games not working, except Kraut Buster DID work!
NeoSD Pro MVS - Menu is scrambled and won't flash new games. You can play a game that is already flashed to the cart from another system though.

20231110_122304.jpg

Last edited:

HellioN

, What The Fuck Is This Shit?
20 Year Member
Wow, it's smaller than I thought.

Working great with my 5v AES with all official games I tried.

Metal Slug X working after some cleaning.
161 in 1 works.
NGDevTeam games not working, except Kraut Buster DID work!
NeoSD Pro MVS - Menu is scrambled and won't flash new games. You can play a game that is already flashed to the cart from another system though.

View attachment 69362
Is it difficult to insert/remove carts from yours?
It seriously felt like mine either weren't going to fit or I was going to break something.
Going to have a shell made?
I want one for mine but haven't gotten to it yet.

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
Is it difficult to insert/remove carts from yours?
It seriously felt like mine either weren't going to fit or I was going to break something.
Going to have a shell made?
I want one for mine but haven't gotten to it yet.
Kind of. Not too bad for official carts. I had a Daedalus for a little while, and that was worse. I also didn't like the horizontal loading orientation of that one.

I don't really like the look of the 3D-printed case. If I do a case, I'll probably get one of the JGO ones and sac that instead. I'm considering leaving it as is, since I probably won't use it much, and it's nice and compact like this. I really just grabbed this converter for the heck of it, since I already can load games on the NeoSD instead. Just need to be careful with the cart door flaps so that they don't get scratched inserting this naked converter.

joe8

margarine sandwich
15 Year Member
Ad buying a freaked copy of one of the worst games on the system to the list.
Which game are you talking about?
I don't get why there's so much demand for conversions, when they don't appreciate in value like the real AES games do, and an original game (eg, Fatal Fury) is sacrificed to make them. There are so many other ways to play these games, these days, as well.

terry.330

Black Tank Top Enthusiast
20 Year Member
I have those, they're alright. I don't love them but I don't hate them enough to replace them. They sound a little too processed or neutral, almost kind of dull sometimes.

joe8

margarine sandwich
15 Year Member
I have those, they're alright. I don't love them but I don't hate them enough to replace them. They sound a little too processed or neutral, almost kind of dull sometimes.
Are the 4 series better than the 5 series?
I've read that they have better build quality.