Post Your Recent Purchases!

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
I don't usually post in these types of threads, but I just wanted to throw out community love for everyone who helped me rebuild a small Neo collection after I sold off my 20+ games Neo collection 10 or so years ago:
View attachment 20210

Very good selection of carts. I roll Japanese as well.

Reaperman

Kuroko's Training Dummy
A couple days ago I ebayed Real Bout Special to finish out my Fatal Fury MVS want list--if for no other reason than so I could take the below picture of them all together. Came in a blue cart with a rather unique repro label. Then today I'm looking over this War room thread when I see where it probably came from.

No problems with it, but it's just odd to see it in the war room.

Last edited:

herb

Metal Slug Mechanic
10 Year Member
Got my first B&W NEo Geo Pocket game today!
IMG_20141101_143427.jpg

BRANDI

Franco's Trainer
20 Year Member
Just Arrived

Attachments

• bmfmU6.jpg
    bmfmU6.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 248
  • ZIeMU1.jpg
    ZIeMU1.jpg
    107 KB · Views: 246
Last edited:

ahuffman

n00b
Man that's a nice Saturn setup! I really love my Saturn, I never had one back in the day but it has certainly won me over. Amazing system for fighting games and shooters among other genres.

Master Tasuke

Pathetic Meat Sack, Doll Fucker and Collector of J
1988 MITSUBISHI HS-U80 S-VHS VCR i've wanted one of these for years, and this one is now mine. one owner-low usage, damn-near pristine cosmetics,
fresh tune-up/maintenance work in the service shop, and 40 of the better quality late-80's S-VHS cassettes...

HS-U8011-2-141_zps2e415943.jpg

HS-U8011-2-142_zpse530defc.jpg

HS-U8011-2-143_zps790078f5.jpg

HS-U8011-2-144_zpsd16cfc46.jpg

Pasky

Fug:DDDDD,
1988 MITSUBISHI HS-U80 S-VHS VCR i've wanted one of these for years, and this one is now mine. one owner-low usage, damn-near pristine cosmetics,
fresh tune-up/maintenance work in the service shop, and 40 of the better quality late-80's S-VHS cassettes...

Why? I understand something like laser disc's where they are considered by some to be superior to DVD...but VHS????

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Why? I understand something like laser disc's where they are considered by some to be superior to DVD...but VHS????

VHS still has a massive following and collector base.

Just look at Mondo and Massacre Video. These guys are still releasing collectable VHS hard box cases in limited amounts.

I know the Australian Roadshow Home Video release of Halloween fetches close to $100 on eBay these days and the Italian CineHollywood releases are in the hundreds and sometimes thousands.

I have a feeling MT is not indulging in cult film though and more likely watching shitty dubs so a quality VHS player seems redundant. Prove me wrong.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
If you've still got some VHS's around you might as well have the best damn player ever made. I kinda want one just because it look rad, even though I threw away/gave away all my tapes.

Pasky

Ya I got rid of mine, minus home movies, but I already converted those to digital a while back but have the originals for whatever reason. I do get a feeling of nostalgia when I see the old noise ridden vhs video though, but beyond that I don't think I'd ever want to watch on that format again.

Tripredacus

Three 6 Mafia
10 Year Member
There are some instances where a movie on VHS is better quality wise than the same on DVD. One example is Mortal Kombat. There are trade offs, of course.

Master Tasuke

I have a feeling MT is not indulging in cult film though and more likely watching shitty dubs so a quality VHS player seems redundant. Prove me wrong.

oh, i might not be a particular aficionado of Cult Horror/Slasher Films or obscure Trash Cinema,
but i'm definitely into rare/obscure Anime and Chop Socky Martial Arts films on VHS.

some of it may or may not have seen DVD release, but i've never bothered looking into that, and the VHS editions of such material
are often repetitively cheap and plentiful, so i might as well have a no-compromise high-end VCR to enjoy them with,
and the Mitsu U80 is my personal A no.1 pick of the litter.

also, being an vintage A/V enthusiast, with a soft spot for the Video format that brought me up,
i happen to have a goodly number of premium grade 1980's VHS blanks
which i've recorded some of my best DVD Anime to (no MACROVISION on most DVD Anime) for posterity and admiration;

S-VHS-VHSBLANKCOLLECTIONJOHNs8-22-14_zpsc83573cc.jpg

Last edited:

Pasky

Oh man, that reminds me. I really need to pickup some of those old 70's kung fu movies. I miss renting those on weekends and just watching them with my brother. Their so cheesy but so great.

Jibbajaba

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare
10 Year Member
Even I have to admit that that's a pretty fucking baller VCR.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
I love seeing the old Manga Video VHS releases. I've got a bunch hidden away at my mother's house; Ninja Scroll (uncut), Fist of the North Star, Wicked City, Mad Bull, Angel Cop, Cyber City Oedo 808. I get massive nostalgia when I revisit them.

Master Tasuke

Oh man, that reminds me. I really need to pickup some of those old 70's kung fu movies. I miss renting those on weekends and just watching them with my brother. Their so cheesy but so great.

GOD, how i LOVE the BRUCE LEE films...

I love seeing the old Manga Video VHS releases. I've got a bunch hidden away at my mother's house; Ninja Scroll (uncut), Fist of the North Star, Wicked City, Mad Bull, Angel Cop, Cyber City Oedo 808. I get massive nostalgia when I revisit them.

i've a handful of MANGA VIDEO releases, mostly MACROSS II and MACROSS PLUS,
since i've been a serious MACROSS/ROBOTECH fan since the early 1990's...

Last edited:

MCF 76

Metal Slug Mechanic
10 Year Member
Had some of these for a while just haven't had time to really play them and post them. Thanks to Mike mjmjr25 for a good chunk of these carts.

NES:

I dig this system despite all the hate.

SFC/ SNES:

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
MCF 76

Diesel SFC/SNES stuff.

A lot of personal favorites in there. I wish I never sold my Gourmet Sentai though.

Sick!

MCF 76

Metal Slug Mechanic
10 Year Member
MCF 76

Diesel SFC/SNES stuff.

A lot of personal favorites in there. I wish I never sold my Gourmet Sentai though.

Sick!

Thanks Death, yeah Gourmet is so damn weird you cant help but to love the game really unique. Got Rendering Ranger as well a long time ago and haven't got to play much. Forgot to take a pic of it w/ the others.